Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Subjects for possible tracking Earth's future prophecies and discussions thereof --
    * Basically, international news of (Jewish) Israel's survival (Bible prophecy) vs. the world
    ---- Israel's 3rd Temple (and details thereof) -- to build or not and where...?
    Please try to remember, this topic is about tracking earth's future prophecies with (many, many numerous) current events guiding, influencing, and redirecting us into the great unknown...
    One of the prophecy beliefs is that (mainstream) Christianity will eventually disappear, so that Jewish Israel will become prominent in the world scene "during the last days" of earth's history, before (Jesus/Israel's) "Messiah" appears.

anywho..
    For those waiting to see Christianity disappear off the pages of the future--
    It's already been a work in progress in the middle east.
    Latest news article--((link below is broken. Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)

"Christianity 'close to extinction' in Middle East"
    By Edward Malnick
    7:20AM GMT 23 Dec 2012

"Christianity faces being wiped out of the 'biblical heartlands' in the Middle East because of mounting persecution of worshippers, according to a new report."
    http : // www .telegraph. co. uk/news/religion/9762745/Christianity-close-to-extinction-in-Middle-East.html

Islam is rising while "Christianity" in the middle east goes extinct.
    No surprise there.
    Create an empty void in one area, it gets filled with something else. In this case, Christianity is being forced out, due to the countries that have been there for centuries striving to return to Arab culture of old days.

btw-- historical notation about ("Nebbie") Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, during the years of Daniel..
    it is believed by many Christians, who have studied Daniel's relationship with King Nebbie, that "Nebbie" became *saved* under the Jewish God of Israel, so Nebbie will be in heaven next to Daniel, or so the theory goes.. they became good friends--even on the same spiritual wavelength.

Guess that particular *friendship* event will eventually be wiped out of the history books, too, to purify itself from any traces of friendly Judaism/Christian connections... Nevermind, it was King Nebbie's vision (as he explained it to Daniel) that reveals what will be last empire of the world before Israel's Messiah comes to set this planet back into Israel's hands. That's (only a reason) why (for dozens of centuries) the world has been madly trying to stop Israel from surviving, and discredit or prove the entire as in error.

Comment

hmmm.. now, regarding the financial / political spectrum of the USA----
      Regarding Economic collapse of USA.. how to run it into the ground and maybe shred its already delicately tottering finances into more smitherines a bit faster...!

While the so-called fiscal "cliff" is about to make most USA'rs get TAXed to the hilt, President Obama has recently ordered a PAY RAISE for some Federal gov't workers.. one being VP Biden, because apparently making well over 200,000 isn't enough for him to cover the new TAX hike costs.

According to the Huffington Post--
      VP Biden's "pay will increase from $225,521 to $231,900 a year, before taxes. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will see his salary increased to $224,500 and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will take home an annual pay of $194,400 after his raise."

((for archiving reasons which changes the links--link below are broken.
      Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details))

article is at--
      "Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden"
      The Huffington Post, By Nick Wing
      Posted: 12/28/2012 5:23 pm EST, Updated: 12/29/2012 9:47 am EST

http : // www .huffingtonpost. com/2012/12/28/obama-pay-raise-congress_n_2377714.html

Originally, there was a Presidential ORDER given by President Obama demanding to FREEZE ALL PAY raises for about the next 3 years. Well, short-lived ruling. It's now being broken by a few exceptions being given to the original order.. and to the higher ups.. not the lower rung folks on the bottom or middle of the ladder.

Apparently the new pay raises should cover the cost of some of the new TAX system, so that those given it, don't feel financially pinched too much!

reinforcement article at-- The Hill
      "Congress, federal workers to get raise"

By Erik Wasson - 12/28/12 01:48 PM ET
      http : // thehill. com/blogs/on-the-money/appropriations/274781-congress-federal-workers-to-get-pay-increase

Gotta love those commentaries at the end of both articles...

The common folks are sooooooooo *skrewed* (yes, that is deliberately incorrectly spelled!).
      Might as well rename the common peasants to pheasants, because we are their dinner (freebie tickets to dinner, etc.)

I also read somewhere that some folks believe this may be an alternate plan for our (USA) gov't's way of getting rid of our gov't system, so that the new ONE-WORLD gov't system can be instituted, sooner than later. But that's just pure speculation at the moment. And apparently, according to other articles over the past several months, the United Nations will be overseeing the new ONE-World gov't system set up and put firmly into place.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        Originally, there was a Presidential ORDER given by President Obama demanding to FREEZE ALL PAY raises for about the next 3 years. Well, short-lived ruling. It's now being broken by a few exceptions being given to the original order.. and to the higher ups.. not the lower rung folks on the bottom or middle of the ladder.
        Federal employees haven't had a pay rise since late 2010, so when they get their very small raise in March, it will have been about two and a half years since their last raise. And it's worth noting that ALL federal employees get the raise. Well, all aside from Obama himself.
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
          Federal employees haven't had a pay rise since late 2010, so when they get their very small raise in March, it will have been about two and a half years since their last raise. And it's worth noting that ALL federal employees get the raise. Well, all aside from Obama himself.
          Obama should save on his share by not going golfing more than once a week, and if he does golf more than that, to do so in not so exotic localities (like Hawaii, or warm / pleasant tropical places)..
          (that's what I've been reading on some news / commentary blogs...)

Anywho.. seems 3 years goes by sooooooo quickly..
          But the point of the articles was this--- for people in favor of the pay raises..

So, for such a tiny % rate, it's okay that the already wealthy Administration level gets a pay raise, regardless of causing the triple level deficit to occur, and still get to go on exotic vacations to do interesting things, while the majority of working (U.S.) Americans use whatever vacation time to go on STAY-at-home vacations, or use that time to visit relatives rarely seen. Working class Americans PAY for 3 branches of gov't workers vacations, and where they lodge, eat out, etc. Working class folks also pay for any moving expenses the gov't provides to other gov't workers, up to a certain amount (well, it used to be a fairly generous amount before the 1980's).

Anyway, the commentaries beyond the articles were complaining that the already wealthy Administration level gets a pay raise, just in time to counter-balance their current salary with the fiscal failure TAX increases (wild guess here---the top 10% folks..?) And that includes not caring that the rest of the working class (U.S.) Americans are going to be contributing to these pay raises either..?

Anyone on the lower rungs getting a pay raise, won't be getting enough to cover cost of living expenses about to hit the fan, as well, to compensate for the price losses, due to less people buying things.
          Be thankful this real world of our isn't yet quite the fictional world of "Atlas Shrugged" -- wage freezes were enforced, while jobs were being lost, and everyone had to buy/spend the same amount of product costs that they spent the previous year, regardless if
          Spoiler:
          they *had* enough money or not.

Back in our real world, without people realizing it, we're getting closer and closer to that fateful day the Bible stated--
          New International Version (NIV)
          Revelation 6:6) Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

I'm already paying out about half of an hourly wage for a loaf of wheat bread.
          Five or Six times that same price for a specialty Russian bread made with walnuts (for a 1.5 pound loaf).

How much does 2 pounds of whole wheat itself costs the farmer = a day's wages under who's salary category?

Grant it, we're not totally there yet, and it's unclear if this particular prophecy applies only to Israel or to the whole world, or merely a certain portion of it; and especially if 1/3 of the earth gets severely crippled in some way, shape or form (see Rev.8:6-12).

Comment

I must agree on this, in regards to Congress specifically. This is the wrong thing to do at this time. If they came together, and averted the fiscal cliff, then I could see a pay rise. But if the country is supposed to become more fiscally prudent, would it not be a good example for those on Capitol Hill to also become more fiscally prudent? And would there not be a better place to start? Really, this comes at the wrong time.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

There's a diffence between being fiscally prudent and not having had a pay rise since 2009 (which is the last time that Congress got a pay rise). It's not like they're giving themselves 30% more money, it's not even 1% more.

Comment

There's a diffence between being fiscally prudent and not having had a pay rise since 2009 (which is the last time that Congress got a pay rise). It's not like they're giving themselves 30% more money, it's not even 1% more.
                At most places of work, people get pay rises because of 1. Healthy profit, so the company can afford it, 2. Outstanding work performance, or 3. Promotion. None of those three fit. Congressmen and Senators still have the same jobs, the economy sucks, and they are worse than the "Do Nothing" 80th Congress. They shouldn't get a penny more than they already make until they actually start working.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  At most places of work, people get pay rises because of 1. Healthy profit, so the company can afford it, 2. Outstanding work performance, or 3. Promotion. None of those three fit. Congressmen and Senators still have the same jobs, the economy sucks, and they are worse than the "Do Nothing" 80th Congress. They shouldn't get a penny more than they already make until they actually start working.
                  +1

it's not the amount that matters it's the symbolic meaning of it. if anything they should've had their pay decreased (even if by only the same symbolic amount)

Comment

People also get a pay rise to adjust for inflation.

Comment

well, tried to *green* you, but the system wouldn't let me yet.. =(
                      in the meantime.. regarding pay raises -- very well articulated!

Of course, one can be an average worker and still get a pay raise, but it's usually not a very high % one.

As for the .05% raise the gov't branches will be getting, most of those folks getting it already make over (U.S. currency) $125,000 on a single salary. I know too many couples where their combined incomes in 2012 barely even reached $110,000. People in our gov't who go to DC often have 2 homes (or one home and one apartment -- apt in DC, which are probably fully equipped, not just a tiny efficiency apt.)

Several folks on other blog sites were saying that -- in regards to security teams being provided -- that Maybe some of those higher ups (some include Senators, tho I don't know which ones) should take less security detail teams with them when they go off on vacation anywhere. It might be a perk of the trade for the security folks to get freebies with a nice vacation somewhere, while working "to (serve and) protect" whomever they are assigned to, but the taxpayers are still paying for the hotels, food, etc. for the security folks, AS WELL AS whichever gov't official has such protection.

Both get gov't pay, which has been provided by the working TAXpayers.

Comment

People also get a pay rise to adjust for inflation.
                        Monetary inflation, not price inflation. You can't give more money you don't have.

sigpic

Comment

Right. Inflation is when a country just prints money willy-nilly that can't be backed up by anything, resulting in a devaluation of that country's currency. Prices and wages then reflect this devaluation by increasing....without a corresponding rise in quality of goods and services provided and in some cases a marked decrease in the quality of goods and services provided. In between WW1 and WW2 Germany underwent a period of hyperinflation. It got so bad that people needed a wheelbarrow full of Deutschmarks just to buy a loaf of bread.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think a small pay rise is going to put the country into a interwar-Germany-style inflation, but sure...

Comment

Just wanted to say in the area of healthcare and medical advances, we're not quite yet in the Star Trek medic tube machine that does all sorts of wonders. But what if such a machine existed? If a person can live thru an MRI, the medic tube device should be a real treat!

Imagine a machine that heals as it keeps you warm like on a heating pad, has its own environmental moisture & air purifying control levels and keeps track of all your vitals.
                              Wow. I could of used one of those machines recently--the healing and heating pad part anyway..

However, I don't expect such a wonder to exist--at least not for another several centuries, if that.
                              In the area of healthcare, I guess it doesn't matter if the doctor has direct care or is in the HMO system. My doc was both, but totally useless (and I've known him for years & years.. he's grown complacent or something!). He's now triple booking his (on average 15 min.) appointments, so only gives 2 minutes to hear your main (health/pain) complaint, then went chasing after every test EXCEPT what he should for -- listening to your tale of woe to pin point a better solution.
                              "Hey doc, we've been down this road before... like ten years ago, remember?? My condition is getting worse, would you please listen and stop telling me to shut up because you think know better!"

Well, he did some chiropractic manipulation (because it's in his med license to do so), we both heard something go snap/pop.. and about five minutes after I left, in the process of turning around or bending, I heard snap/pop again.. and KNEW the problem just popped back out of place again. NOT going back into his office again.. they were supposed to close, and had 20 walk-ins waiting for antibiotics and flu shots.. Everyone was coughing. I already had to sit 90 minutes past my appointment time just to see him in the first place! Busy day.. maybe. It's always that way in his office. And they have other doctors, but that day, it was just him. BTW, his pain medicine did NOT work, either (not enough info--to help out correctly), and he only gave me enough to come in for a return visit 2 weeks later.

So, I went somewhere else to a different doctor with less hassle. Moral of the story-- the doctors should NOT triple book, when they know they cannot maintain that level of care. It doesn't matter what the office is (gov't plan, HMO or direct or both). The docs make mistakes and I have a friend who swore she would have sued him for malpractice (improper treatment!). That's why it costs a fortune for direct pay patients when having to see these doctors.

Go for rehab, see what works and what doesn't. I was reading several medical forum discussions yesterday that just made me nauseated from reading folks with the same problem I have (cartilage deterioration) went to specialists who's treatments were not helping.. including failed (spinal) surgeries.. That was with YEARS of experience in their area of expertise, along with a few cases that got botched up along the way, or nerve blocks stopped working after 2 years, and those folks are in agony. That's not very encouraging..!

Sad part is that I have a few relatives with the same (degenerative health) issues and the same chronic complaints that nothing is really working or helping make them function any better.

Comment

Wars and rumors of wars...

I really don't like writing about this stuff (and apologies for the length), but apparently the situation with North Korea playing cat and mouse with its missile arsenal *could* be turning into sour grapes or not. (USA and everyone else affected are the mice, NK is the cat pondering to pounce or not). I've been reading someone else's running commentaries that there is nothing to be concerned about, and that this particular person has remained "cool-headed and calm" reflecting on NK as nonsense, until today. Today, the comments turned serious--as in VERY SERIOUS. Something caught his attention that changed his cool tune to ut-ohhhh!!!

So, when are China and Russia going to step in and stop this war nonsense?

On top of that, as much as the world claiming Iran has had nothing to do with North Korea, within the past week--several news sites have commented that the deputy chief of staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, Major General Masood Jazayeri stated that Iran will stand by to defend North Korea, if it needs assistance against any potential war between it and the United States. This was stated in the Jewish Press (jewishpress-dot-com) site, along with the telegraph(dot)co(dot)uk articles.

And now Australia's Herald Sun announced that South Korea is now at "Watchcon 2" - the highest level of alert (not sure if there is one higher than that,but that's what their article is stating (it is also an extremely Lonnnnnnnnnng article to read).

Spoiler:
                                (for possible archiving reasons which changes the links--link below are broken.
                                Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)

Missile spotted in 'launch position', United States and South Korean armed forces placed at 'vital alert' Watchcon 2
                                (AFP, April 12, 2013 6:30AM)

http : // www .heraldsun. com. au/news/world/united-states-and-south-korean-armed-forces-placed-at-vital-alert-watchcon-2/story-fnd134gw-1226617936354

The reason for this new alert is possible news that may or may not be true that NK has a miniaturized version of a nuclear bomb that they can place on any missile (medium sized or bigger), and that whatever they're planning on launching already has such an item in place--ready to go (one of the articles mentioned various co-ordinates were being programmed --as a possible reason for delaying the launch). Plus, yesterday, there was an article somewhere that said 3 missiles were visibly moved to NK's east coast. The latest is that there may be more missiles hidden in sheds in various places.

The USA forces and Japan have orders to shoot ON SITE, once those missiles get launched --whether or not-- they might or might not have real bombs attached.

NK claims it is planning a spectacular celebration by April 15, in honor of Kim Jong-un's grandfather (I think that's what he's been claiming). Fireworks of the nth degree so it seems, right into the heavens and back down to earth.

What is additionally disturbing behind all of this is 2-fold. In addition to the warnings of Revelation 6:12-14 (describing the 6th seal) referring to nuclear destruction that moves the islands off their current map of existence, and Revelation 8 (most of the entire chapter) describes stars falling out of the sky (modern day satellites or missiles?) and about 1/3 of the earth being devastated in what seems to be a thermo-nuclear war. Not a pretty picture. It doesn't say where this will occur, but that 1/3 of the fish in the sea will suffer/die from it, and 1/3 of the earth (might be scattered areas adding up to that total). It's too vague, but considering the current news between NK and Iran's amazing new connection to them.. wow, this is wayyyyy too much information overload.

Also, on/around the same day that NK warned foreigners to leave the surrounding areas, due to not promising their safety, Iran announced that it has made the go-ahead to build 5 more nuclear reactors / facilities.
                                Coincidence..?

I have a friend who has been upset (because these things are freaking her out BIG time!) from horrible visions she's been having for several months now. She is not a born-again Christian, but has been having prophetic visions that have so far been 100% accurate, since I've been discussing world vs. Bible events with her. I never asked her, but out the blue one day, she told me about hurricane Sandy's devastation weeks before it happened in October 2012. She also saw the mudslides in Washington State weeks before it actually happened. And ever since before Sandy hit NJ's shorelines, she also told me about seeing ISLANDS dropping into the sea and horrible earthquakes, etc., happening because of *THAT* situation. So, after the mudslides happened, I asked her if her visions about the islands had stopped and wouldn't happen, and she said NO. She couldn't shake the fear of what she felt. She's been very upset because she doesn't like having a possible gift of prophecy, and so I let her ramble on babbling, but it hasn't helped to relax her. She's terrified about the visions, and wishes they weren't true.

I'd just like to hope she's wrong in her visions and fears. But the Bible states that these things will happen, no one just knows where or when. Why is it that 2013-2014 has to mirror 1914 on the World at War scenario..? Ficticious Video games are not enough, and be left in the video console. Are people *that* bored or what that they *need* to live out the REAL DEAL things, numb to everyone else who are NOT involved, but trapped in the middle, because this is the only planet we have to live on at the moment..?

Comment

Working...
                                X