Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Why did you not come to God in your own terms, rather than the terms of others?
    As a Catholic, I did *go to God* on my terms. My prayers never seemed to get answered.
    It wasn't until AFTER I came to God on *his* terms, and in "Jesus Christ's" name -- in the "power of God's Holy Spirit" yada yada (wink! wink!), that my prayers began getting answered. It was actually when I sat down, gave up, and essentially said, "Okay Lord, I'll try it *your* way.. but if this doesn't work out, you *know* where I'll be and doing, instead..."
    So, yes, I have run the full circle of testing the proverbial waters and seeing "who's" way was the better way.
    I haven't regretted making that decision, either. It's really hard to explain to anyone who cannot comprehend it as I lived thru it.

A rather broad, and dare I say arrogant presumption. I recall someone else getting in trouble for thier arrogance...........

Must, they MUST??
    Where is free will in MUST?

No, no there is no "scientific explanation" for that.

Rely on me for all, for I am the only way?
    Yeah, thats pretty greedy.

Free will, free will, free will.

No science, just demands.

OK.
    A doctor says "if you don't cut out XYZ, it will kill you" and he will tell you why.
    Jove says, "IF you don't cut out XYZ *I* will kill you"

So god is not needed, just belief?

Doctors do not punish, even the "backwards Apollo worshippers" understood this.
    For one thing, do (generic) you follow the instructions on the put item together list, or cooking ingredients, or anything where instructions are most helpful? If not, and I know lots of guys/people who are soooooo stubborn they end up doing stuff their own way, miss a step, get frustrated... but you know-- it's their *OWN* fault, because they believed their way would be just as easy if not better..

On another extreme, if (generic) you are working in a lab and refuse to follow the instructions as posted, you don't mind blowing up your own lab or lab work? Same principle applies.
    So, it also is with the food industry and special care and instructions that come with each piece of different nutrition. If you OVERwater something that was advised to be sparsely watered, and you killed the plant, it's your own fault for "disobeying" or not paying attention to the original advice.

I think, whether something given recommended advice is a "MUST" or "should", depends on the severity of the item being questioned. If you've screwed up your own goal, because you refused to listen to advice provided, it's NOT the fault of the persona who provided the advice, but (generic) you, and only you. You are responsible for your own actions. It's that simple.

Besides, no one is saying anyone HAS to believe or follow "God" as in the Bible. The Bible states that
    "in the last days" people will depart from such in greater numbers. We are witnessing that now, even on these forums.

As for making an arrogant presumption about following God's list of rules and regulations, I was referring to myself and many people I've personally met who have done the very same thing I did. That's not an arrogant presumption, but a culmination of data observed over the many years.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      As a Catholic, I did *go to God* on my terms. My prayers never seemed to get answered.
      It wasn't until AFTER I came to God on *his* terms, and in "Jesus Christ's" name -- in the "power of God's Holy Spirit" yada yada (wink! wink!), that my prayers began getting answered.
      So it was not "through God" at all, but rather his "surrogate on Earth" that you found anything?

It was actually when I sat down, gave up, and essentially said, "Okay Lord, I'll try it *your* way.. but if this doesn't work out, you *know* where I'll be and doing, instead..."
      So, yes, I have run the full circle of testing the proverbial waters and seeing "who's" way was the better way.
      I haven't regretted making that decision, either. It's really hard to explain to anyone who cannot comprehend it as I lived thru it.
      No need to explain, you cannot "expain" faith. I know that, but you cannot expect others to accept it either, can you?

For one thing, do (generic) you follow the instructions on the put item together list, or cooking ingredients, or anything where instructions are most helpful? If not, and I know lots of guys/people who are soooooo stubborn they end up doing stuff their own way, miss a step, get frustrated... but you know-- it's their *OWN* fault, because they believed their way would be just as easy if not better..
      You know you just described the evolution of science to an extent , yes? Without that evolution of thought, mistakes and all, you would be considered no more than a incubation chamber for new people, who should be seen and not heard, no more than a petty "trophy", yes?

On another extreme, if (generic) you are working in a lab and refuse to follow the instructions as posted, you don't mind blowing up your own lab or lab work? Same principle applies.
      Not if the explosion teaches me something, no, no I don't.

So, it also is with the food industry and special care and instructions that come with each piece of different nutrition. If you OVERwater something that was advised to be sparsely watered, and you killed the plant, it's your own fault for "disobeying" or not paying attention to the original advice.
      You are merely proving my point.

I think, whether something given recommended advice is a "MUST" or "should", depends on the severity of the item being questioned.
      DO AS I COMMAND OR BURN IN HELL!!!!
      Pretty darn severe would you not say?

If you've screwed up your own goal, because you refused to listen to advice provided, it's NOT the fault of the persona who provided the advice, but (generic) you, and only you. You are responsible for your own actions. It's that simple.
      If the persona merely suggested it, then they would not punish you, would they? Best that they would say is "told you so".

Besides, no one is saying anyone HAS to believe or follow "God" as in the Bible. The Bible states that
      "in the last days" people will depart from such in greater numbers. We are witnessing that now, even on these forums.
      What happens to them?

As for making an arrogant presumption about following God's list of rules and regulations, I was referring to myself and many people I've personally met who have done the very same thing I did. That's not an arrogant presumption, but a culmination of data observed over the many years.
      What about those who argue differently?
      They are just meat for the grinder, cause they believe otherwise, are they not?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

DO AS I COMMAND OR BURN IN HELL!!!!
        Pretty darn severe would you not say?

What happens to them?

What about those who argue differently?
        They are just meat for the grinder, cause they believe otherwise, are they not?
        Firstly, "We are witnessing that now, even on these forums." it should have read forums in general, blogs, world-wide comments from anyone anywhere. You replied before I was able to get back in and edit it. sorry..

Anywho.
        What people choose to do is between them and whoever or whatever they believe... until the reach eternity and find out otherwise, or that nothing made a difference.
        It is amazing how some "religions" parallel each other with similar references to divinity, and yet the names have been changed. The characters (characterizations) are very similar. I'm thinking of the Native American Indian and the Great Spirit, etc.

Most of the answers to what happens from the biblical scriptural stuff has already been answered in the original RHD topic. *sigh*

I'm getting severely distracted right now (on phone and typing at the same time with 2 different convos going on at the same time), so I cannot discuss this aspect of "prophecy." sorry. Just that the Bible states the lack of faith or departure from "the faith" will happen in greater numbers of people turning their minds and hearts away from the "God" of the Bible, "in the last days." Jesus described this time frame as being similar to "the days of Noah."

Matthew 24:37-39, New International Version (NIV)
        Spoiler:
        37) As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
        38) For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
        39) and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

I'm not going to argue about whether Noah or the Ark ever existed, or who thinks Jesus is real or a myth. That's not my concern. I'm just stating what the prophecy stated.

Comment

So god is not needed, just belief?
          I'm not saying that, you're saying that. If you (or generic *you*) choose(s) to go the whole nine yards plus route without "god/God" in your life, hence entire rest of your life, that is your choice and privilege. You (or generic *you*) are responsible for your own actions. If nothing convinces you that "God" is real, or that anything written in either half of the Bible means much, then that is something generic *you* will be dealing with into eternity.. depending on how concerned you are with it.

Originally posted by Seastallion View Post
          I don't think we are quite at the Atlas Shrugged world just yet, but we are certainly dangerously trending in that direction.
          @ Seastallion,
          I really wanted to get back into "Atlas Shrugged" breakdown of society and horrible living conditions that resulted with the parallel (Biblical) prophecy of bread costing a day's wages somewhere in the world.
          actual ref is here:
          New International Version (NIV)
          Revelation 6:6) Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
          Not sure if that is just in Israel or applying to the whole world. Whatever it applies to, I really hope that doesn't happen within the next 40 years. If it does, we're all gonna be in big do-do...

After super-storm Sandy (2012 hurricane) crippled portions of the northeast USA corridor, the last 2 weeks with crazy long gas lines, and then gas rationing in NJ and NY, etc., it was a nightmare, but not AS bad as in Atlas Shrugged -- yet..! It wouldn't take much for some politicians (playing various mind and war games) to push our world into that whole scenario that was in the movie, so that REAL Life imitates Art.

Comment

I'm not saying that, you're saying that. If you (or generic *you*) choose(s) to go the whole nine yards plus route without "god/God" in your life, hence entire rest of your life, that is your choice and privilege. You (or generic *you*) are responsible for your own actions. If nothing convinces you that "God" is real, or that anything written in either half of the Bible means much, then that is something generic *you* will be dealing with into eternity.. depending on how concerned you are with it.
            Try making your argument without the need to use fear as a motivator.
            While you are pondering that, ponder this, If god, any god reserves "judgement" till the afterlife, why do the more "vocal" followers of any god(s) feel the need to pass judgement on people in this life, or insist that they live by thier rules, to the point of violence?
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Try making your argument without the need to use fear as a motivator.
              To which are you referring to-- Fear of God, or Fear of Nature?
              There is more to fear from Nature in this life (here and now) than God, IMO. One can communicate with God, if they so desired (and try with ALL of their heart/soul/mind, etc), but who can stop the fury of Nature when hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanoes, etc, that wipe out everything in their path?
              Nature seems to be hurling her/its full furied self around the globe, especially in ever increasing anger, if we read more into the weather/geological reports more than what's merely on the surface.

Biblical note--
              Proverbs 9:10

New International Version
              "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

American Standard Version
              "The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom; And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Comment

To which are you referring to-- Fear of God, or Fear of Nature?
                There is more to fear from Nature in this life (here and now) than God, IMO. One can communicate with God, if they so desired (and try with ALL of their heart/soul/mind, etc), but who can stop the fury of Nature when hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanoes, etc, that wipe out everything in their path?
                Nature seems to be hurling her/its full furied self around the globe, especially in ever increasing anger, if we read more into the weather/geological reports more than what's merely on the surface.

Biblical note--
                Proverbs 9:10

New International Version
                "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

American Standard Version
                "The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom; And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."
                I can think of plenty of wise people who did not fear Yahweh. Wisdom, similar to other cherished values, is not the sole property or domain of Christendom, nor of Judaism.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  I can think of plenty of wise people who did not fear Yahweh. Wisdom, similar to other cherished values, is not the sole property or domain of Christendom, nor of Judaism.
                  About the origins of *Wisdom*---This is true. However, the Bible verse I listed was the first thing that popped into my mind.. I also sat on it for a few days, before I posted about it.

Nature's fury are God's tools to get our attention. Sometimes, "he" will redirect a storm, if it is within his plan. Sometimes, the storm is placed directly in our path and no one escapes, as with hurricane Sandy.

I read reports that claimed the storm worked in President Obama's favor for him to win re-election. I also know that on the day of election, most NJ folks were not interested in who would win the election, but when was their electricity going to get turned back on! Even doctors were not immune to being kept in the cold and in the dark. About 75% to 85% of NJ had its (electrical) power grid down, because of downed wires, blown transformers, or overworked feedback in the circuitry of some substations. We were *very* fortunate that other states came in to rebuild the entire infrastructure of antiquated telephone pole systems, which many snapped like toothpicks from various reasons.

I still think that the greedy builders should stay a certain distance (in mileage, NOT footage) away from the shoreline in order to rebuild actual buildings. Plus, they should NOT charge outrageous prices (triple digit rentals and) million dollar homes for "oceanfront" property or views, when every year, the natives there know full well that many a storm pulls the sand back into the ocean and acts like a battering ram against any man-made structures. That's just folly and outright wrong.

Except now our dear (NJ) governor and other (elected) officials are claiming that every NJ taxpayer's property taxes will be increased by $5,000.00 or *MORE* USA dollars, per year, to pay for rebuilding of the damaged infrastructure and that these people will "gladly" pay it... ummm, only to keep their (furnace) heat on during the cold months and food kept chilled or frozen in the fridge. Tv, we can live without.
                  Food, sheltering roof with wind-proofed walls, etc (insulation helps!), heat, not so much without.
                  We were also told that we are to expect these difficult times (during storm outages), as "the new normal".
                  people used to go 2 or 3 days without electricity. Now, it's turning into over a week or more and the price to pay isn't going down for days lost. It will be compensated in the upgraded system/bills accordingly.

Comment

An interesting article...

December 21, 2012 - the End of a Cycle

2012 Planetary Alignment

Since the Mayan calendar is based on cycles (read our article on How Does the Mayan Calendar Work to learn more), December 21, 2012 merely indicates the end of a cycle that began on August 11, 3114 BC. While there are wild interpretations as to what this date means, and many holiday resorts are booked out on this day, there is no evidence from any Mayan literature suggesting that the world will come to an end.

It is simply the end of the current Long Count, and December 22, 2012 will be the beginning of the next Long Count, or cycle in the Mayan calendar. In fact, the Mayans have names for the Long Counts, and the fact that they've named Long Counts beyond this one suggests that this won't be the last. It is significant, however, that we are entering a new cycle in the Mayan calendar.

What Will the Next Mayan Long Count, or Epoch, Bring?

Assuming as we did above that the world will not come to an end on December 21, 2012 - we ask ourselves, what will happen? What is so significant about December 21, 2012? The significance lies not merely in the fact that a Mayan epoch is coming to an end, but in the celestial events that astronomists have confirmed will occur on this day.

What happens on December 21, 2012?

December 21 is the winter solstice, and in 2012 the Sun on the solstice will be almost perfectly aligned with the plane of the galaxy (the Milky Way galaxy). What is astonishing is how precisely the Mayan calendar was able to pinpoint this alignment of the planets.
                    What's so Special About Planets Aligning?

The equator of the Milky Way galaxy (Galactic Equator) and the path of the Sun (the Ecliptic) will cross each other at exactly 11:11 am GMT on December 21, 2012. What does this mean exactly? Or, even better, what is the probability of this occurring?

Every year on the winter solstice, our Sun has a Declination of -23.5 degrees, and a Right Ascension of 18 hours. But what makes the alignment of 2012 special is how this alignment occurs relative to very distant stars. On December 21, 2012, the alignment will be right along the plane of the entire galaxy. This precession of the equinoxes goes in a complete circle and happens only once every 26,000 years. In other words, the winter solstice moves 360 degrees every 26,000 years, or 0.01 degrees each year.

A significant detail that promoters of the 2012 doomsday fail to point out, however, is that the plane of the galaxy is not the width of a needle. The plane of the galaxy is quite wide - in fact, it takes the winter solstice between 700 hundred and 1,400 years to cross the plane of the galaxy! So 2012 is just one year amidst a span of 700 years.

From... http://www.exploringlifesmysteries.c...tary-alignment

The real question for me is how the Mayans could have come up with such sophisticated knowledge, supposedly without any modern astronomical tools, and done only by celestial observation with the eye. I mean really? They could predict the exact DAY that the sun comes into alignment with the Galactic plane that will last for 700 years?

This puts aside the other mysteries of ancient civilizations around the world. Then you also have that city off the western coast of Cuba, that is about a mile under water, and even has pyramids...

under-water-city-near-cuba.jpg
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

2012 Planetary Alignment
                      December 21 is the winter solstice, and in 2012 the Sun on the solstice will be almost perfectly aligned with the plane of the galaxy (the Milky Way galaxy). What is astonishing is how precisely the Mayan calendar was able to pinpoint this alignment of the planets.

The equator of the Milky Way galaxy (Galactic Equator) and the path of the Sun (the Ecliptic) will cross each other at exactly 11:11 am GMT on December 21, 2012. What does this mean exactly? Or, even better, what is the probability of this occurring?

Every year on the winter solstice, our Sun has a Declination of -23.5 degrees, and a Right Ascension of 18 hours. But what makes the alignment of 2012 special is how this alignment occurs relative to very distant stars. On December 21, 2012, the alignment will be right along the plane of the entire galaxy. This precession of the equinoxes goes in a complete circle and happens only once every 26,000 years. In other words, the winter solstice moves 360 degrees every 26,000 years, or 0.01 degrees each year.

A significant detail that promoters of the 2012 doomsday fail to point out, however, is that the plane of the galaxy is not the width of a needle. The plane of the galaxy is quite wide - in fact, it takes the winter solstice between 700 hundred and 1,400 years to cross the plane of the galaxy! So 2012 is just one year amidst a span of 700 years.

The real question for me is how the Mayans could have come up with such sophisticated knowledge, supposedly without any modern astronomical tools, and done only by celestial observation with the eye. I mean really? They could predict the exact DAY that the sun comes into alignment with the Galactic plane that will last for 700 years?

This puts aside the other mysteries of ancient civilizations around the world. Then you also have that city off the western coast of Cuba, that is about a mile under water, and even has pyramids...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36244[/ATTACH]
                      Awesome!
                      Thanks for posting about our solar system's 26,000 year journey across the Milky Way galaxy. I was trying to track it down for the Mayan calendar cycle, but wikipedia wasn't cooperating..

I also have a few theories about some event details during the whole ancient civilizations being more advanced than our 21st century (A.D./C.E.). One involves the Great Pyramid, the other the "ark of the Covenant" -- possibly being carried by HAZMAT-type of suited priests (wearing special linen, see story of Uzza doing a "good deed" and instead getting zapped at
                      1 Chronicles 13:9 into 1 Chronicles 15:2). But I may have to save those for later.

Something else a bit more urgent just came out in the world news...

Comment

* obvious future prophecies mentioned in the Bible---
                        ---- Ezekiel 38 and 39 (war against Israel by alignment of nations)
                        wow! If the news in the following article is true, this could be MAJOR -- as in major Bible prophecy (about to be) being fulfilled.

((link below is broken. Please remove B L A N K spaces in the beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details))

"Russian expert warns of possibility of large-scale war in Middle East"
                        RADIO--the VOICE of RUSSIA
                        Nov 24, 2012 22:17 Moscow Time
                        http : // english. ruvr. ru/2012_11_24/Russian-expert-warns-of-possibility-of-large-scale-war-in-Middle-East/

-----------------

As I've mentioned before, there have been hints about such a war occurring, and Russia has made it no secret about flexing its political / war mongering muscles. Also, Please note--
                        because of the (names of the) countries involved, I am not familiar with all of the details, so I can only go by what I've read from other web sites and "studies" about this situation. Is the above article revealing a potential starting point of the battle described in Ezekiel 38-39..? IDK.

1) I keep hearing reports that Israel will have its 3rd Temple built or in the process of being built, because in the "middle of the week" (end of 42 months on the Hebrew Calendar), the sacrifices will cease. However, it's also been theorized that this Temple might instead involve some sort of bloodless spiritual sacrifice (due to PETA complaints), not an actual meat slaughter type. However, the Temple Institute in Israel is already almost complete to begin Temple *sacrifices*, but there are still a few things missing that are essential in order for that specific process to occur exactly as desired -- that is why there *might* end up being some sort of compromised alternative method of sacrificial system set up, instead.
                        The Temple itself might or might not exist on/near the Temple Mount. Currently, it seems it will be somewhere near, not ON, due to the Dome of the Rock Mosque's presence and Muslims banning Jewish worship on the mount itself.

2a) Many prophecy buffs believe the war of Gog/Magog would happen in the last days. The book of Revelation (Chapter 16) reveals a war of Gog/Magog near the end of the "Great Tribulation period."

2b) Ezekiel 38:1-6 describes a (last days) battle event and names the characters/nations involved--
                        (New Living Translation (NLT))

38:1) 'This is another message that came to me from the Lord:
                        2) "Son of man, turn and face Gog of the land of Magog, the prince who rules over the nations of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him.
                        3) Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: Gog, I am your enemy!
                        4) I will turn you around and put hooks in your jaws to lead you out with your whole army—your horses and charioteers in full armor and a great horde armed with shields and swords.
                        5) Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya will join you, too, with all their weapons.
                        6) Gomer and all its armies will also join you, along with the armies of Beth-togarmah from the distant north, and many others.'

I'm not 100% sure, but according to one report I read, the current (2012 A.D./C.E.) names are this--

Gog=Russia, of the land of Magog=Moscow
                        Persia=Iran
                        Libya=Islamic North Africa (excluding Egypt)
                        Ethiopia=Cush
                        Gomer=Cimmerians, Kurds
                        Togarmah or Beth-togarmah=Turkey

In Ezekiel 38:11-12, (Gog) Russia will convince its allies to turn towards Israel. this will occur after the (Jewish) people of Israel have returned to their land from a long exile. Most prophecy scholars believe this occurs AFTER the regathering and formation of Israel after 1948.

Ezek.38:11) "You will say, 'Israel is an unprotected land filled with unwalled villages! I will march against her and destroy these people who live in such confidence!
                        12) I will go to those formerly desolate cities that are now filled with people who have returned from exile in many nations.'"
                        (New Living Translation (NLT))

just for the historical records sake, (paraphrased info)
                        "Preterists believe the 'Day of the Lord' (THE GREAT TRIBULATION) already took place in 68-70 AD when Rome basically destroyed Jewish Israel. The Millennium also already occurred between 30-70 AD. ...There will be no coming judgment and no Rapture of the Church."

If the destruction of the 2nd Temple was "THE GREAT TRIBULATION," then *what* were the Concentration Camps and annihilation / extermination of the Jews (and other Gentile folks) about during WWII? Somebody's bad nightmare? According to the book of Joel, what is expected to happen will be part of "THE GREAT and terrible Day of the Lord" / aka "GREAT TRIBULATION"--*supposedly* far much worse than what happened in 68-70 A.D./C.E. and WWII combined.

Anywho...
                        After the destruction of the 2nd Jewish Temple in 70 A.D./C.E., the people of Israel scattered around the globe. After the U.N. recognized Israel as a nation May 14, 1948 (A.D./C.E.), the people returned from all around the globe to settle down in that little piece of land, now called Israel. Currently (2012), Israel is once again fighting for its survival in the world scene. At the moment, there are some walls, but in most places, the walls do not exist, unless Ezekiel 38:11 is a symbolic (or May 14, 1948 birthing) sort of reference to "wall."

If there is a major war erupting in the Middle East with Russia sort of dictating "marching orders," will that same war lead up to the international Peace Treaty that Israel needs, hence starting the 1st 42 months of some SEVEN-year peace treaty period? Ok, maybe the treaty will be expected to last longer than that, but the Bible specifically states a major crisis will occur after the 1st 42 months of a 7-year time frame on the Hebrew calendar.

Comment

2012 Planetary Alignment

Since the Mayan calendar is based on cycles (read our article on How Does the Mayan Calendar Work to learn more), December 21, 2012 merely indicates the end of a cycle that began on August 11, 3114 BC. While there are wild interpretations as to what this date means, and many holiday resorts are booked out on this day, there is no evidence from any Mayan literature suggesting that the world will come to an end.

It is simply the end of the current Long Count, and December 22, 2012 will be the beginning of the next Long Count, or cycle in the Mayan calendar. In fact, the Mayans have names for the Long Counts, and the fact that they've named Long Counts beyond this one suggests that this won't be the last. It is significant, however, that we are entering a new cycle in the Mayan calendar.

What Will the Next Mayan Long Count, or Epoch, Bring?

Assuming as we did above that the world will not come to an end on December 21, 2012 - we ask ourselves, what will happen? What is so significant about December 21, 2012? The significance lies not merely in the fact that a Mayan epoch is coming to an end, but in the celestial events that astronomists have confirmed will occur on this day.

What happens on December 21, 2012?

News articles about the Mayan "doomsday" scenario changed tunes about the whole thing being the dawning of a new age... (like duh! the cycle of the solar system continues to circle around and around..) basically the doomsday approach became more of a profiteering campaign / scam that brought some tourists to see the Mayan temples, etc.

I was too busy with doing family stuff for the holidays, than to worry about "the end"..
                          Thought I might get my life back the day the world was proverbially ending, but got sick instead.. and now it's snowing with another snow/ice-storm on its way just in time for Christmas. tis the season!

the real end (of the world, as people walk, run, jog, and breathe upon it)? I see more of that coming from Revelation 21 (of the Bible) than whatever the folks on earth keep harping about. And as far as the "hour" goes, the one that Jesus mentioned about not knowing the day/nor the hour -- exact times are unknown territories for anyone living when such a time occurs. Know the season, but not the exact HOUR (time on the clock!)

Even if/when Revelation 19 occurs (the verse that mentions "Jesus" returning with his armies from heaven's realms), it will come at an unexpected moment, not at a defined hour on the clock!

Comment

13th of April 2020 - Apophis flying by and if he's off by a few meter he might just crash into the Earth and wreak havoc on our world.

Jesus has nothing to do with it.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              13th of April 2020 - Apophis flying by and if he's off by a few meter he might just crash into the Earth and wreak havoc on our world.

Jesus has nothing to do with it.
                              And you know this how?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                                And you know this how?
                                Common sense
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X