• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ketchup has it's limits. It can't make spam good
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
      no no, you don't splash the ketchup on yourself, you *SQUIRT* IT ON THEM, because they are the ones going to be made in to hamburgers, LITTERALY, and ketchup is good on almost everything, BUT if you use the wrong kind of steak sauce the steaks and burgers can have a sort of EH taste , still good, but weird, I found that out with the difference with A1 and worstershire sauce and BBQ sauce, A1, goes to the bottom of the list.
      I agree with you about the A1 it tastes like a chemical. but there is no way I'd put ketchup on a good steak.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

*puts ketchup and mustard on my squirrel burger*
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Ketchup has it's limits. It can't make spam good
          and just how would you know HUMMMMMM.

but yes it does, well it does ok, I just mix it with mustard and mayo, but I like it better with mayo and BBQ sauce, and it is un cooked, on a sandwich with cheese and lettuce, it makes a nice sandwich, though I prefer it cooked in the microwave, it caramelizes nicely and gets nice and crispy.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            I agree with you about the A1 it tastes like a chemical. but there is no way I'd put ketchup on a good steak.
            I didn't say a good steak, you put nothing on a good steak except salt and pepper, and maybe not even pepper, but with a cheap cut of meat you can make it better, with ketchup and wustershire sauce and pounded or add;

adolphs. Adolph's® Original Meat Tenderizer

Meat tenderizer refers to a powdered naturally derived enzyme powder. The enzyme most commonly used is papain which comes from papayas. Meat is sprinkled with the powder and the enzymes help to break down the meat fibers. The same result can be obtained by marinating meat in papaya or pineapple juice.

it comes out nicely, adolphs. also comes in spiced, it adds some salt to the meat, so you can leave off the salt, when seasoning the meat, it will need to sit for a while, I don't remember how long, but in the end you get a cheap, tough piece of meat that comes out ok.

Comment

and just how would you know HUMMMMMM.

but yes it does, well it does ok, I just mix it with mustard and mayo, but I like it better with mayo and BBQ sauce, and it is un cooked, on a sandwich with cheese and lettuce, it makes a nice sandwich, though I prefer it cooked in the microwave, it caramelizes nicely and gets nice and crispy.
              Because I have tried spam. I then spit it out
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't say a good steak, you put nothing on a good steak except salt and pepper, and maybe not even pepper, but with a cheap cut of meat you can make it better, with ketchup and wustershire sauce and pounded or add;

adolphs. Adolph's® Original Meat Tenderizer

Meat tenderizer refers to a powdered naturally derived enzyme powder. The enzyme most commonly used is papain which comes from papayas. Meat is sprinkled with the powder and the enzymes help to break down the meat fibers. The same result can be obtained by marinating meat in papaya or pineapple juice.

it comes out nicely, adolphs. also comes in spiced, it adds some salt to the meat, so you can leave off the salt, when seasoning the meat, it will need to sit for a while, I don't remember how long, but in the end you get a cheap, tough piece of meat that comes out ok.
                But nothing can save Spam. The only meat which could possibly be lower on the food chain would be meat that comes out of a crock pot.

Comment

*Chains jejgate to his cell and places a crock pot filled with spam before him*

Comment

I reject your premise. A elderly crackpot couldn't chain me
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      But nothing can save Spam. The only meat which could possibly be lower on the food chain would be meat that comes out of a crock pot.
                      there's a lot to be said for meat that comes out so tender you don't need a knife to cut it

Comment

Yeah. Disgusting
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

YOU ARE CORRECT NOTHING CAN SAVE SPAM, because spam stands on its own, it needs no one to save it, just open it and go, good for emergencies, especially after hurricanes when there is no power and you are hungry and the term cold is a distant memory, you MUJST cook that bacon, provided it hasn't ben at room temp for too long, but SPAM, can survive being under water for days, provided the can hasn't ben breached, just pop that top and enjoy, even straight out of the can, you can't do that with BACON, I TELL YOU WHAT.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            there's a lot to be said for meat that comes out so tender you don't need a knife to cut it
                            I've had crock pot roast before, mad_gater is right, it can come out tender and juicy, especially with a beef stew and home made chicken soup.

Comment

I've had crock pot roast before, mad_gater is right, it can come out tender and juicy, especially with a beef stew and home made chicken soup.
                              I have also had crookpot roasts before which is tasteless
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

They were just defending the pigs. Aren't they the ones who are "more equal" ?
                                Orwell made them that!

I don't experiment with food - I like my meat the usual way and sausages wrapped in bacon - best thing ever!!!
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X