No announcement yet.

Confessions of a Bacon Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Annoyed and epg... I did check this https://nocable.org/ and it says I can get up to 19 OTA Free HD channels with a special antenna. That is interesting. Hmm. I may spend my Spring break trying to cut the cable cord and figuring something else out cheaper. Thanks for your advice. Except for epg his little Spam thing was NOT NICE!
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I read an interesting article that the cord cutting is more expensive than people think
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I read an interesting article that the cord cutting is more expensive than people think
        well what happens is it begins to add up if you buy this and that in order to get what you had before. I don't need 100 plus channels. I only want the few that I watch. The problem is getting those few that I watch

Comment

It's called a no win situation
          Jelgate is right

Comment

but I am determined!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
              To Annoyed and epg... I did check this https://nocable.org/ and it says I can get up to 19 OTA Free HD channels with a special antenna. That is interesting. Hmm. I may spend my Spring break trying to cut the cable cord and figuring something else out cheaper. Thanks for your advice. Except for epg his little Spam thing was NOT NICE!

well, what can I say, things had ben away from the topic too long for my taste, all the tech talk on the bacon page , well, so it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                well, what can I say, things had ben away from the topic too long for my taste, all the tech talk on the bacon page , well, so it happened.
                So, your answer was to derail it with spam??
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think its all he knows
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    I would suggest hooking up whatever you plan on using for an antenna and trying it for a day or two to see what you can reliably receive before cutting the cord. I've always found that the claims of antenna makers are somewhat optimistic to say the least.

Comment

*offers freshly fried bacon*
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

How the heck is she going to use bacon as an antenna?

Comment

It involves science which we have established you do not know
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            How the heck is she going to use bacon as an antenna?
                            i agree, bacon makes a lousy antenna, SPAM how ever, comes with its own antenna, ok, it isn't as good as it was in the past, then the cans came with keys and once you pulled the ribbon of metal from the key, and stretched it out , you had an excellent antenna, even had a place to put the alligator clips if you left it still attached to the key, now the best you can do is get an adaptor for the cable port and then maybe use some tape to attach the two ends of the ribbon wire to the can, get enough cans, and you have an antenna that could pick up Australia.

Comment

You might be able to pick up Australia, but you would not listen to us anyway
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What do you expect from people who eat kangaroo
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X