No announcement yet.

Confessions of a Bacon Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*throws the molten liquid on him* This accounts for your appearance!
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

What part of mask don't you understand
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

*pulls mask off*. Oh phew it's just you!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
          *tries to make nut gravy*
          oh, that's not hard, just boil the nuts in the water before you brown the flour, you just put the flour in the pan, be sure it ha ben out of the freezer for a while before you put it in the pan, now at this point, you can go two ways to make the gravy, brown it in oil/ grease/fat, or in the low fat way my mother taught me, no, it doesn't need to be a low fat meal or any thing special, I just found the low fat way makes the stew less greasy and oily, the low fat way is simple, just take the flour and dump it in the pan and turn the heat up, depending on how fast you want the flour to brown high heat fast, you must stand there and keep stirring, medium heat, it is the same, but you have a little wiggle room, low heat gives you more room, you can even walk away from it for a little bit, but you need to keep an eye on it, now it won't turn a dark brown in the pan, but it will turn a light brown, and get a little darker, as time goes on but it will not get that very dark brown until you add the water from the stew you are cooking, , when you have browned the meat in the pot, yes, browning the meat in the pot DOES require oil, but only enough to sear the meat, once the meat is nicely seared pour the water in the pot and dissolve the dark brown stuff in the pot, then take the water from the pot and start adding it to the now browned flour, the flour should roughly be the color of a paper bag, once you have added enough water to the pan, and every thing is lumping together nicely, you can scrape it in to the pot, or you can add the flour to the pot straight, either way doesn't matter, stir the flour and it will thicken the stew, then toss in your carrots, onions, potatoes peas, what ever , some of the lumps might remain, or not, it is a toss up, any way just add the others and cook about an hour, I find a good rule of thumb to be if you can cut the carrots with a fork, it is pretty much done, then just serve with a good sized piece of corn bread and enjoy.

Comment

*pulls mask off*. Oh phew it's just you!
            Good thing I can outrun you
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
              oh, that's not hard, just boil the nuts in the water before you brown the flour, you just put the flour in the pan, be sure it ha ben out of the freezer for a while before you put it in the pan, now at this point, you can go two ways to make the gravy, brown it in oil/ grease/fat, or in the low fat way my mother taught me, no, it doesn't need to be a low fat meal or any thing special, I just found the low fat way makes the stew less greasy and oily, the low fat way is simple, just take the flour and dump it in the pan and turn the heat up, depending on how fast you want the flour to brown high heat fast, you must stand there and keep stirring, medium heat, it is the same, but you have a little wiggle room, low heat gives you more room, you can even walk away from it for a little bit, but you need to keep an eye on it, now it won't turn a dark brown in the pan, but it will turn a light brown, and get a little darker, as time goes on but it will not get that very dark brown until you add the water from the stew you are cooking, , when you have browned the meat in the pot, yes, browning the meat in the pot DOES require oil, but only enough to sear the meat, once the meat is nicely seared pour the water in the pot and dissolve the dark brown stuff in the pot, then take the water from the pot and start adding it to the now browned flour, the flour should roughly be the color of a paper bag, once you have added enough water to the pan, and every thing is lumping together nicely, you can scrape it in to the pot, or you can add the flour to the pot straight, either way doesn't matter, stir the flour and it will thicken the stew, then toss in your carrots, onions, potatoes peas, what ever , some of the lumps might remain, or not, it is a toss up, any way just add the others and cook about an hour, I find a good rule of thumb to be if you can cut the carrots with a fork, it is pretty much done, then just serve with a good sized piece of corn bread and enjoy.
              You could simply buy it!!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                I don't buy. What I want, I just take
                Jelgate is right

Comment

wow ok .... how did we go from nut gravy to a stew? Sounds yummy though...as long as we get the nuts in there.

Comment

Bacon stew?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

sure! *throws it all in the crock pot*

Comment

Blasphemy

*locks SQ in the Foley room*
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

wow ok .... how did we go from nut gravy to a stew? Sounds yummy though...as long as we get the nuts in there.
                          you boil the nuts before adding the water to the stew, like the water they boil peanbuts I was thinking about adding some chestnuts to the stew maybe, shelled and skinned before adding them to the stew, or maybe cashews, LOVE cashews.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Blasphemy

*locks SQ in the Foley room*
                            the foley room sounds like fun, lots of stuff to play with in one of those rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                              true, you could, I mean it is all the same, just like bacon and spam are the same, or hamburger and steak are the same, yeah, it is the same.rolleye0012.gif

Comment

true, you could, I mean it is all the same, just like bacon and spam are the same, or hamburger and steak are the same, yeah, it is the same.[ATTACH=CONFIG]42059[/ATTACH]
                                *Shoots EPG with a beanbag round*
                                *Shoots EPG with a 9mm solid core round*

It's the same, right?
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X