X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Taliban is on Twitter

http://www.webpronews.com/the-taliba...witter-2011-05

Hmmm isn't this a surprise?
    1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
    5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Werid

Comment

just peachy....someone allowed a bunch of fundamentalist Islamist barbarians access to a computer

Comment

Blew some stuff up LOL like a bawwws! #obl #americasucks

Yes, this is going to go great. *facepalms*
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wonder, if you follow them, does the CIA start following you? Hrm...
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            I wonder, if you follow them, does the CIA start following you? Hrm...
            A better question how long until the feds have Twitter shut them down
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh great, now somehow this song popped into my mind:

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Depends what they tweet. If they only announce the results of attacks then nothing can really be done, as it's no different to what everyone else would do. Unless they start using it for propaganda or hate speech, not sure what could happen. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to organise attacks. You can't really expect them to close it just because they aren't liked, as if that's the case I can think of a list of celebs who deserve to have theirs cut off too.

sigpic

Comment

when google bought youtube google removed all the tabliban training videos from the site

#fact
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    when google bought youtube google removed all the tabliban training videos from the site

#fact
                    They also removed a lot of Comedy Central stuff too, but they were more worried about being sued (which Viacom did, for $1 billion) than anything else. The problem with posting anything on Youtube is the fact there is always one moron ready to try it, and several others waiting to sue because of it.

sigpic

Comment

That's why I won't post anything on youtube.

Comment

tali-banned?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Depends what they tweet. If they only announce the results of attacks then nothing can really be done, as it's no different to what everyone else would do. Unless they start using it for propaganda or hate speech, not sure what could happen. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to organise attacks. You can't really expect them to close it just because they aren't liked, as if that's the case I can think of a list of celebs who deserve to have theirs cut off too.
                          Taliban aren't American citizens, nor on American land, so they wouldn't be protected by any free speech laws. On top of that, Twitter is a private entity rather than publicly owned, so they could shut them down at any time.

Heck, Twitter might even shut them down just to avoid the bad press.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Taliban aren't American citizens, nor on American land, so they wouldn't be protected by any free speech laws. On top of that, Twitter is a private entity rather than publicly owned, so they could shut them down at any time.

Heck, Twitter might even shut them down just to avoid the bad press.
                            So now we should expect the internet to policed based on what Americans don't like or because it's not protected by laws they want to impose on the Midle East?

This twitter isn't exactly new, as it turns out it's been posting in English for a few months (and even longer in Pashtun) so unless people are going to be outraged just because they've only heard about it now, they'll need a better reason to close it since Twitter have done anything so far.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              So now we should expect the internet to policed based on what Americans don't like or because it's not protected by laws they want to impose on the Midle East?
                              If it's an American owned and operated company, based in the United States, and subject to US law?

Ahem, duh.

Comment

Working...
                              X