Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
    Well, I just downloaded the 2.8 version. The brushes are all in the "brushes" folder where they belong, but they don't show up in the program. I tried restarting Gimp and it still just has default brushes (*weep*)
    Could you just need to click on the refresh so that it sees the other brushes you've added?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      try this: when you go to "load brushes" - take the round-about way to do it - search through your C: drive, programs, etc... it may need the path re-established
      I'll try that; though, I did redo the shortcut on my desktop to what I thought was the correct folder...

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      Could you just need to click on the refresh so that it sees the other brushes you've added?

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/bailey1ak/refresh.jpg~original
      Tried that already, thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        RIG: Love your new look
        Thanks!

Hey, if anyone wants I can write up a tut for my new sig. It's fairly simple. And, PSable too. And if you don't want one that's okay too. I just thought I'd ask. Or...maybe I'll wait and offer it up on the next tut week.

OMG! That is amazingly beautiful! I wish I had your skills!

@Luvnjoe: I have Gimp 2.6 so I'm of no help.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

can you keep them in a separate folder and then just load them as needed? that's what I do in PS - I have a brush folder in my art supplies and just access it when I want to load a brush.
          How do you make a separate folder for brushes? I want to start doing that, also, maybe for fonts too as I just download and install them on my computer so that they are not just in Gimp but all word programs on my computer.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

@Luvnjoe: I have Gimp 2.6 so I'm of no help.
            I'm wishing I had stuck w/ 2.6. Thanks anyway!
            sigpic

Comment

Luvnjoe... did you move the brushes from the 2.6 brushes folder to the 2.8 brushes folder? It sounds like you have, but thought I shouldn't assume anything.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              How do you make a separate folder for brushes? I want to start doing that, also, maybe for fonts too as I just download and install them on my computer so that they are not just in Gimp but all word programs on my computer.
              If you place the font in the font folder it only installs in Gimp. On my computer, the Gimp font folder is found:

C:\Users\myname\.gimp-2.6\fonts

or

C:\Users\myname\.gimp-2.8\fonts

I have a brushes folder in that area as well... but I'd never thought of having an even more separate folder so that only the brushes I'm using would be available. That might make things a bit faster at times. Might have to think about that too.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Lilith and RIG!

Luvnjoe: I think I have Gimp 2.8 but haven't opened it in forever... I have a separate folder for all my brushes, gradients, patterns, etc... so that I can keep PS or Gimp quick to load. But I also created another folder that is only used for when I need extra brushes. If I remember correctly, all you need to do is go to the preferences in your Gimp and go to folders, there should be a thing for Brushes. Click on that and it should then give you a chance to add another brush folder. But you can also check to see if the folder you put all your brushes in is on the list as well. NOTE: I'm typing this from memory so I apologize if there are any errors. But I do hope that this helps
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                  Thanks Lilith and RIG!

Luvnjoe: I think I have Gimp 2.8 but haven't opened it in forever... I have a separate folder for all my brushes, gradients, patterns, etc... so that I can keep PS or Gimp quick to load. But I also created another folder that is only used for when I need extra brushes. If I remember correctly, all you need to do is go to the preferences in your Gimp and go to folders, there should be a thing for Brushes. Click on that and it should then give you a chance to add another brush folder. But you can also check to see if the folder you put all your brushes in is on the list as well. NOTE: I'm typing this from memory so I apologize if there are any errors. But I do hope that this helps
                  That sounds cool, yamii. Will have to go have a look. There are lots of fonts and brushes I'd like to weed out of my folders for most occasions.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! Guess Gimp put the new brush folder in a totally different place than 2.6! UGH! Everyone's input really did help!

*huggles*

*runz away*
                    sigpic

Comment

Yamii... that is awesome, thanks for the tip about the preferences. (I can't green you yet. )
                      sigpic

Comment

You are most welcome Luvnjoe and Bay
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                          Things that went the way of the dodo? There is always the typewriter ( the idea came from those pouches with vintage designs). Perhaps I can think up of more stuff ( that are easily recognizable, that is...)
                          Commodore 64?

Comment

^ The polaroid camera so far

I might make the lines thinner.. I have to move it all a bit closer to the Blender camera so that might change the lines.. rendering at a higher resolution changes the amount of detail the outlines pick up on the model..

Comment

[/lurking]
                              I did a dark piece today. I don't do dark often.
                              http://fav.me/d69hexz
                              Wow, so dark and sad and painful - well done, Nola.

You are all so talented, I really, really enjoy following this thread
                              [lurking]

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                [/lurking]

Wow, so dark and sad and painful - well done, Nola.

You are all so talented, I really, really enjoy following this thread
                                [lurking]
                                That's the same reason I keep showin' up
                                I'm mind blown all the time.

@yammi I love the placement of the light and shadow on your Alex Castle WP. I loveteh background as well.

@Nola It's a very poignant piece.

@PH It's getting there. I like your "work in progress" pieces.
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X