Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say the same.

Very sy, but also somehow very "Shadowplay"...
    sigpic

Comment

*rushes in with last minute challenge entry*

Comment

okay... so i'm confused... what constitutes a "texture"? i mean, how do you guys define it.... the reason why i ask, is b/c i'm looking at all these challenge entries, and tho i really have no interest is doing the challenge, i think my banner qualifies, and if it does... well, i guess i'll enter it just because i can....
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

I was wondering that too.. If I submitted a model without textures it would just be a flat shade of grey..

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            Sy! Both those sigs are gorgeous! But that Renner piece! Wow!
            Agreed! I love the DW one as well, but that composition with Renner really resonates with me.

Gorgeous. Nice Bible quote

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
            okay... so i'm confused... what constitutes a "texture"? i mean, how do you guys define it.... the reason why i ask, is b/c i'm looking at all these challenge entries, and tho i really have no interest is doing the challenge, i think my banner qualifies, and if it does... well, i guess i'll enter it just because i can....
            You surely can. Actually that's a good question and I'll give my my view on it but any poster here is more qualified than me to do so: I consider a texture as something that is not directly is part of your composition but is added to give more visual interest to the background e.g:some stripes, swirls, bokeh, geometrical shapes. However, some textures may be the key of some compositions and I do use stock as textures so I'd say the concept is quite fluid. As you use your own designs to give visual interest to your compositions and not someone else's textures, I think your work would qualify perfectly.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

by that definition, i have a backlog of qualified art i'm a very firm believer of creating my own elements, so almost all my banners and artwork are built from original components only....
              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                by that definition, i have a backlog of qualified art i'm a very firm believer of creating my own elements, so almost all my banners and artwork are built from original components only....
                Yep, and that's amazing. But you should check with someone else, I'm far from being "an expert". But it's a pretty tolerant bunch
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Textures vs. Stocks

My opinion only. Stock images are photographs, whether color-corrected or not, that are used in art. I use primarily stock images in mine. Textures are anything else. Some textures can have stock in them. But, most textures tend to have more than just an image.

Hope that clears things up! Be back soon with the challenge post!

Comment

I have one more entry to make but given how close it is to the end that I'm not going to submit this one unless lg says it's okay

A combination of styles, patterns, brushes, and screencaps.
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Challenge 74

No textures

This week, we're challenging you to make artwork without using any textures at all! Either let the pictures speak for themselves, or create the same effects that you would usually use textures for by using brushes, shapes, stock, or colouring.

SyFyFan

Slizzie

Scifan

Spoilered for Star Trek: Into The Darkness
                      Spoiler:

RodneyIsGodney

Estrela

JadedWraith

Comment

Great entries guys!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post

Oh, Dean! *sigh* I'll always aprove of Dean/Jensen art in every shape and form.
                        Thank you! I kinda like it more now than I did last night when I posted it.

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                        Cool!!!
                        Thank you.

I only used stock images...bw photos...3 to be exact...and different layer modes/filters. Oh, and one straight color layer.

WOW! Both of these are amazingly incredible! I wish I had your skills!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Very nice RIG.
                        Why thank you.

*rushes in with last minute challenge entry*

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Nolamom

FlyBoyFanGirl

yamiinsane

ladygris

Comment

Banner by Josiane

Challenge 75

Cartoons

Make a piece of artwork using your favorite cartoon, whether a movie or Pixar film or show. Have fun with it!

PM your entries to Sarai!

Comment

Another set of great entries!

Sorry for barging in there lg.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...afabannerz.png
                              Banner by Josiane

Challenge 75

Cartoons

Make a piece of artwork using your favorite cartoon, whether a movie or Pixar film or show. Have fun with it!

PM your entries to Sarai!
                              This challenge sounds like so much fun!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

No problem. I wasn't sure how many pics I could put into one post, so I just added them all and then revised. Plus, it gave yami time to get her final entry in.

The cartoons one does sound like fun. I've had an idea for it for a couple of weeks.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on my Virtuous Woman wallie.

Comment

Working...
                                X