Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
    Hyn... in the new Gimp you have to highlight the word to make changes to the font size or color. You can change the font without highlighting the words, but other changes for some reason need the highlighting. Hope that helps.
    That I've learned the first (and I really hate that, just like to save the files twice ). But that's not the problem *shakes head*. Anyway, thank you for trying to help {{hugs}}

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Lovely work everyone!
    I don't know if this will be it because it doesn't sound exactly the same, but I'd suggest checking the resolution of your image. Check in 'image > scale image' (I think - it's a while since I've used Gimp myself ) - normal screen resolution is 72 ppi, and if the resolution you have is a long way off that then one of the effects is that your font will be weird-sized, often teeny tiny
    As far as I can tell you there's everything fine. It's only the text. Made a screencap of how text now turns out. Maybe that will help:

Spoiler:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I've had a similar problem in PS before, Hyn. It required resetting to defaults. I had to exit the program, and when starting it again, hold down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT to get a certain history file to come up. Anyway, deleting that solved the problem. It is a rare problem in PS (had to spend forever on Google trying to find it) and I'll bet it's not common on GIMP either.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I've had a similar problem in PS before, Hyn. It required resetting to defaults. I had to exit the program, and when starting it again, hold down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT to get a certain history file to come up. Anyway, deleting that solved the problem. It is a rare problem in PS (had to spend forever on Google trying to find it) and I'll bet it's not common on GIMP either.
        Thanks for the help. this worked {{{hugs}}}!
        Anyway, I already had finished the sig, using my old program *shrugs*.

Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

wow - can't believe the same controls worked for the same problem in GIMP as in PS, since it's such a weird one. Glad it did.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            wow - can't believe the same controls worked for the same problem in GIMP as in PS, since it's such a weird one. Glad it did.
            Glad this worked for you Hyn. That is awesome, Nolamom, this will be one of those fixes to log away for possible need in the future.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks lg !
              sigpic
              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

You're welcome, Padme and LTCol.

Comment

Just for fun (and a new interest), a new WP for my cell - maybe someone will like it (thinking of someone very special ... YES, you have fixed me on, M!)

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Not for the challenge, just 'cause. Found this pic on weheartit and got inspired.

Comment

Cool arties! I especially like the coloring on your second one, Shep.

Lovely lg. Would green both of you but I'm out of green...
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, mane!

Comment

thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

You're welcome.

Made this for a challenge elsewhere, but it's big so I'm posting a thumbnail.

Last edited by maneth; 24 July 2012, 10:14 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Challenge entry...How could I not pick one of my favorite moments from Castle? The last scene of Always is, so far, one of my favorite episodes.

sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X