Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

josi, that's wonderful!
    lg, wow!

Talking about layers ... I had to try something with them (so I learn something? Mh, don't know ...). I like the result somehow:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

That result is very nice, Hyn! I especially like the hint of him in the sig.

Comment

I, uh, have a really really stupid question that I'm embarrassed to ask about PS. *shame-faced*

Does anyone know if we actually re-size a selection using the rectangular marquee tool? It's always a trial and error process for me. For instance, I try to draw a square, then get my selection as close as possible to it, later refining the image by using free-transform.

Is there a less idiotic way for me to do this?
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Draw a square? Using lines? Super simple way - create a layer (transparent) and with all other layers temporarily hidden, Use the grid squares to count off a square (or rectangle). Another method - create a layer and fill with whatever color, then using the marquee, select the middle and delete the pixels - the border will remain.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Draw a square? Using lines? Super simple way - create a layer (transparent) and with all other layers temporarily hidden, Use the grid squares to count off a square (or rectangle). Another method - create a layer and fill with whatever color, then using the marquee, select the middle and delete the pixels - the border will remain.
            Sometimes I want to crop part of an image using the marquee and don't really know just how many pixels I'm shaving off....
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

in PS, you can select a marquee of ONE pixel width or height. Right click on the marquee tool and select single row
              sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous, gorgeous arts!

Just thought I'd share my latest sig:

sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Ah ok! Thanks! The right-click did it for me. Didn't know the right click selection even existed. *Cringe*
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

yes, try right-clicking all of the tools - you will find more tools!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                      LG this is fantastic...perhaps we might persuade you to do a tut for it? *bats eyelashes*

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Sometimes I want to crop part of an image using the marquee and don't really know just how many pixels I'm shaving off....
                      Not 100% sure I've got the hold on what you're looking for, and Nola provided a great answer but just as an aside, did you know with the marquee tool that you can make it a fixed width or fixed ratio? With the marquee selected, go to the top bar where it says "Style" this will be set to 'Normal' on default. Just change to fixed width or fixed ratio depending on what you want. With fixed size selected then input the size of pixels you want, make your selection then Select > Inverse to inverse the selection and Backspace to delete the rest of the pixels. You can do the same with the crop tool as well - I use that method all the time to make 120x120px icons out of larger images.

Hope that helps a bit!

Comment

good one Sarai! I didn't think of that one
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, lg! I wasn't sure about the hint so I tried it out - great that it worked for you!
                          yamii, wonderful sig!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            LG this is fantastic...perhaps we might persuade you to do a tut for it? *bats eyelashes*

Sure, I could do a tut. But let me redesign the wallie first. I liked how the sig came out better than the wallie......And I've got a crazy-busy weekend, so it'll be in the next few days.

Comment

Thanks, sarai. Actually it was a simple matter of a right click of the mouse! *smacks head*
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Wonderful art everyone! So beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X