Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    So far, I'm liking the coloring options. Other than that, I much prefer Gimp. It's easier to put things together in Gimp.

Earlier today, I put a wallie together in Gimp and then opened it up in PS (by saving as a .jpg) and did the coloring with PS. But I haven't had a chance to truly learn PS yet. I remember feeling this way about Gimp when I first started, so odds are good I'll stick with it enough to really learn it. I just have to have time.
    I know what you mean. I tried Gimp but...gave up after a hour of playing around with it. Having used PS for years I think...it's probably counter-intuitive for me to learn it another way (or maybe I'm just quite a stick in the mud when it comes to my beloved PS!).
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I got GIMP for a friend to get her something to edit photos. It's very difficult for a PS'er to use - everything is all cockeyed I was trying to navigate around it to get her started and it took forever!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Ah, actually, I meant they got married two years ago and that I've been waiting since then. Hoped they'd come back from their honeymoon with a bun in the oven. But, since they didn't I (and the rest of the Dean/Jensengirls) have been waiting two years.
        Ah, now I get it !
        Don't kill me but ... I didn't know he is married *blushes*. So much about "fangirl" - huh? But I like the idea that there is a new generation of awesomeness coming soon - and that he's a (I hope so) lucky guy with his wife .

Yeah, I'm not either but Jensen ...wears his beard well.
        Oh yes, I remember Jensen with the beard. Looked good.
        Well, as I said elsewhere, I'm no beard girl - usually. Sister of four bearded brothers I managed to drag my ex-boyfriend to shave this so-called upcoming beard he was so proud of . Well, I wanted my future-hubby (at that time!) clean shaved for the marriage . Ah, long gone memories ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          I got GIMP for a friend to get her something to edit photos. It's very difficult for a PS'er to use - everything is all cockeyed I was trying to navigate around it to get her started and it took forever!
          Yeah, I know what you mean. Suddenly, I don't know what goes where, or just what to do....!
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            Yeah, I know what you mean. Suddenly, I don't know what goes where, or just what to do....!
            See, if I had basic tuts that could teach me things (like how to crop only one layer in a piece of artwork instead of the whole thing) and such like that, it would be easier. Finally getting used to having to open the image in a separate window and then adding it as a layer to the wallie. In Gimp, you just open as layers, and it's there to be manipulated and blended in. To my way of thinking, much easier.

As a result, I'll probably wind up using a blend of the two programs. I much prefer Gimp for the composition: opening the layers and blending them together. Then, I'll likely use PS for the selective coloring and the different options it has there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
              Ah, now I get it !
              Now she get's it.

Don't kill me but ... I didn't know he is married *blushes*. So much about "fangirl" - huh? But I like the idea that there is a new generation of awesomeness coming soon - and that he's a (I hope so) lucky guy with his wife .
              Heh, don't worry. You are safe. "New generation of awesomeness" I love that! And I do believe he is a lucky guy with his wife. He loved her so much.

Speaking of "Fangirl" you should stop by the Jensen thunk thread sometime! Even just to lurk for a while, you know, see what it's like and if it's someplace you'd want to visit officially.

Oh yes, I remember Jensen with the beard. Looked good.
              Still looks good. He always stops shaving when SPN goes on hellatus.

Well, as I said elsewhere, I'm no beard girl - usually. Sister of four bearded brothers I managed to drag my ex-boyfriend to shave this so-called upcoming beard he was so proud of . Well, I wanted my future-hubby (at that time!) clean shaved for the marriage . Ah, long gone memories ...
              LOL! My brother never had a beard though he did have a, whaddaya call it, a Van Dyke? Yeah, he looked pretty cool but his kids didn't think so. It didn't last long though.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

See, if I had basic tuts that could teach me things (like how to crop only one layer in a piece of artwork instead of the whole thing) and such like that, it would be easier. Finally getting used to having to open the image in a separate window and then adding it as a layer to the wallie. In Gimp, you just open as layers, and it's there to be manipulated and blended in. To my way of thinking, much easier.

As a result, I'll probably wind up using a blend of the two programs. I much prefer Gimp for the composition: opening the layers and blending them together. Then, I'll likely use PS for the selective coloring and the different options it has there.
                crop will always crop all layers.

you don't want the crop tool. use the rectangle selection marquee. select the area of the photo you want to keep, hit CTRL+SHIFT + I (inverse selection), then delete.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  crop will always crop all layers.

you don't want the crop tool. use the rectangle selection marquee. select the area of the photo you want to keep, hit CTRL+SHIFT + I (inverse selection), then delete.
                  Ah, that's how you do it. I kept looking all over for a tut that would explain little things like that. Most tuts just say, "Crop here" or "Crop your photos how you want them." But, for PS newbies like me, it can be a bit odd--not to mention frustrating.

Comment

Ah, that's how you do it. I kept looking all over for a tut that would explain little things like that. Most tuts just say, "Crop here" or "Crop your photos how you want them." But, for PS newbies like me, it can be a bit odd--not to mention frustrating.
                    Which is why I check out tuts on Youtube. The video tuts are much easier to follow since you can see exactly what you need to do as it is being done. More often than not the tut-er will supply us with annotations explaining each step as he/she is doing them. Other times it's just the tut-er speaking, telling us what he/she is doing as they are doing it. These are much easier for me to follow than written tuts.

Sometimes I'll call up a vid-tut and have it playing while I am trying it out. ...if that makes any sense.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

nice arts guys
                      sigpic
                      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Lovely art lg and RIG!

thanks RIG!
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks, yami.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                            Lovely art lg and RIG!

thanks RIG!
                            Thanks!

Edited my sig a little...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Valenship is almost here!

Spoiler:

(Thanks to XFChemist for the amazing art!)

Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everyone you know!

Help spread the word by using the official Valenship Sig and Avi:

(No hotlinking please.)

Come share all your love of Sam and Jack with your fellow Shippers
                              through art, fics, vids, lists, chat, and more!

Don’t Miss It!

Comment

I decided to try another tut here....and got this:

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X