• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you M
    sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Wow, excellent icons everyone Thanks so much josi for taking the time to post them all - must have taken ages. They are all stand-outs but I have to squee over Sarai's Pride and Prejudice - Darcy, oh Darcy, you must allow me to tell you how much I admire and love you *giggles*. And lg, the babies - aww, they made me smile so much. But as I said, everyone's work was really, very impressive!

Welcome M&M - great start to your GIMPing obsession ... oops, I meant career Love the words in your John/Teyla sig - very fitting. I'm sure everyone will agree - if you see an effect or something you like in anything I post, I'm happy to attempt to tell you how I did it

I've missed too many pages to comment on everything else posted the past week - was fun to skim through and see it all
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
        Wow, excellent icons everyone Thanks so much josi for taking the time to post them all - must have taken ages. They are all stand-outs but I have to squee over Sarai's Pride and Prejudice - Darcy, oh Darcy, you must allow me to tell you how much I admire and love you *giggles*. And lg, the babies - aww, they made me smile so much. But as I said, everyone's work was really, very impressive!

Welcome M&M - great start to your GIMPing obsession ... oops, I meant career Love the words in your John/Teyla sig - very fitting. I'm sure everyone will agree - if you see an effect or something you like in anything I post, I'm happy to attempt to tell you how I did it

I've missed too many pages to comment on everything else posted the past week - was fun to skim through and see it all
        The quote in the Shep/Teyla sig was something my sister sent me one day and I thought it fitting because it TOTALLY applies to my husband's and I's relationship. Thanks for the offer and the welcome!

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Amazing challenge entries everyone!!

Thanks maneth. Love the Lorne sig/avi combo!

Thanks Syfyfan. I like what you did with the tut - the B&W one in particular is quite effective!

Welcome M! Love the sigs you posted.

Love the Atlantis icon set, Hyndara!

Some Emily Deschanel icons I made and forgot about...

sigpic
          Thanks to Jann (starlover) for the gorgeous sig!

Comment

Those are wonderful Graceful - LOVE Emily. She's so beautiful but she's amazing as Bones.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Another sig - made for the Carson Beckett Challenge thread.

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Thanks M Yes, Emily is gorgeous and totally awesome as Bones!

And that's a lovely Carson sig!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Jann (starlover) for the gorgeous sig!

Comment

Thank you.

I'll admit I haven't Watched Bones since the fifth season though.. :/ I'm a bad Bones fan.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Amazing arties everyone! Keep up the great work!

I would have been here earlier but...I went on a little daycation today. Went to the beach! Got sunburned. Now I await hurricane Irene. She'll blow into my state tomorrow night...I'm supposed to work Sunday but...we'll see.

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                    Glad you liked them, you can't go wrong with Dr. Horrible.
                    I will agree with you on that.

Thanks again. Yes that is Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser) Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is a three part webisode series made by Joss Whedon with NPH, Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion, it's quality you should check it out sometime.
                    Yeah, I saw some of it at the time it came out. Enjoyed it too. Some day I'll watch all of it.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    It is possible, using a path - here's a tut. I'm fairly sure you can also manipulate the overall 'shape' of the text without using paths, but it's quite a while since I've used GIMP and I can't remember for sure
                    Thank you! And, yes, you can manipulate the overall 'shape' of the text with out using paths. It's the only way I know to change the shape of text atm.

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                    For a challenge on a different thread I used this tut of ShaViva's (it is the first one in the short list) to make the text in the sig below. Thought I'd add it for backup.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...lyboys/mud.jpg
                    Okay, it's a download. What do I do after I download it? When/if I decide to download it that is.

OT

Spoiler:
                    Sorry to hear about your toe.
                    Thank you. I keep re-hurting it. Smacked it against my computer chair earlier this evening. OUCH!

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                    Rocket Scientist, love the women of Stargate. The framed one of Janet is beautiful.
                    Yes, that one is my fave! Rocket, how did you make that one? If you don't mind my asking?

Icarus, those are some awesome sigs.
                    Yes, Icarus, they really are! GW is not letting me green you atm. Mental green will have to do.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Getting started is the hardest part Gimp/Photoshop are not the easiest programs to figure out if you've never used them before, but we were all newbies at it once, and all learnt thanks to help from other artworkers. With help and practice, it gets easier and easier
                    What she said.

And, M, you're off to a great start with your sig making!

Okay, just something I threw together last night...

...occasionally I can be creative in the wee (late) hours of the night.

Hmm...now I''m looking at it I'm realizing that maybe there should be quotation marks around the three bits of text? I used quotes from the episode that the pics are from. Should there be quotes?
                    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 26 August 2011, 07:29 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      Yes, that one is my fave! Rocket, how did you make that one? If you don't mind my asking?
                      Thanks! I don't remember it very well, unfortunately, but it was fairly simple. I added the screencap to a black background, played with the coloring, painted lines for the frame, then used the blur tool to blur the lines to my liking. Then I added the scrolling with these brushes.That's really pretty much it. I kind of wish it were more complicated and impressive.
                      sigpic
                      Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

You're off to a good start M! Lovely icons hyn.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mane!!

Wanted to share a banner and icon that were made for a story I'm writing. lg got inspired by my story ( - I don't think I can blush deeply enough) to create one of each for it and I couldn't be more excited!!!

Here they are - the story is called Braving the Storm featuring Carson Beckett and an OC.

ALL credit needs to go to her. She's amazing!

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

She is. Yet to be honest with you (and I expect she'd agree) your first GIMPing efforts are at least as good as hers were. And she started a few months ago. Keep it up and by Christmas you'll be creating icons and sigs like that for us to swoon over.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              She is. Yet to be honest with you (and I expect she'd agree) your first GIMPing efforts are at least as good as hers were. And she started a few months ago. Keep it up and by Christmas you'll be creating icons and sigs like that for us to swoon over.
                              I agree, totally. Hmmm......let's see......

My first EVER banner:

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                Wow, thank you. I like to keep things simple which is why my sigs have at most two pics on them and words. My eyes find it hard to focus if there's more.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                I agree, totally. Hmmm......let's see......

My first EVER banner:
                                http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/.../NaHBanner.jpg
                                It's a nice banner!
                                Last edited by KatG; 28 August 2011, 04:38 AM. Reason: img tags

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X