No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm thinking. I might actually mix and match, depending on which one I think is the best. But I don't want to post single icons unless I need help. I figure I'll post them once I have a complete set.

Comment

Here's my set, I kinda stole Sha's idea of incorporating them all into one image and made a sig to go along with them.

RED - HANDS - NEG SPACE -

TINY TEXT - Embrace - Frame -

Black and White -

Incorporating Sig
      sigpic

Comment

Those are very nice Icarus! lovely job
        sigpic

Comment

I really like that icon set Icarus, particularly Hands - the way the unimportant bits fade out in the dark.
          sigpic

Comment

Very good Icarus! I love it!
            sigpic

Comment

In working on my icons, I gave myself a sig idea.

Comment

*waves*

Hi!

I'm new to this thread here, but was pointed towards it by some artworkers! I have been admiring the artworks from the past few days! Amazing!

I also decided I couldn't come in without some art...so here it goes...
                (since I recently got into Bones...it had to be a Bones arty!)
                sigpic

Comment

That's lovely Starlover, and welcome to the thread
                  sigpic

Comment

Great icons for the challenge so far. I am starting to get ideas and will start banging them out Monday when I am home.

So here's the deal on the pictures for the con. They have chosen to make it incredibly dark and my camera is not cooperating very well. I'll keep trying to do what I can but it isn't looking good.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Than's unfortunate DJgirl - good pics are always hard to come by
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                        Sarai, thanks so much for your tut! I came up with this:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...eartBanner.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a shipper at heart. My latest favorite pairing is Carson Beckett/Alison Porter from SGA Season 5 episode "Whispers."
                        Beautiful!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Well you should be proud. You did good.
                        Thank you!

Oh good. Makes it easier for me to explain.
                        Spoiler:
                        Go to "Filters" click on "lights and shadows" then "drop shadow" I lower the number... I think the lower the number the smaller the shadow (don't quote me though ).... I usually leave the "offset" for X and Y at 8, but lower the blur to 2-4. I hope that helped.
                        Oh, this helped bunches, thank you so much!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                        I haven't learned how to use masking layers in Gimp, either. But I learn something with every tut I use.
                        Yeah, same here.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                        I really like your colouring, looks beautiful

To use the gif in a sig you'll need to use a program called GAP - Gimp Animation Package. I posted links and tuts for it a couple of years ago in the s/j art thread. Am using my phone to make this post, so I can't hunt up the links right now. I wouldn't be surprised if there's been an upgrade or two since then though, so you could try googling it too
                        I'll have a look-see into that. And don't worry about the links.

*thinks happily of MOB gif sigs*
                        Erm...MOB? Sorry if I'm being nosey.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Lovely work everyone - love the new versions of Sarai's sig

My evil side is also enjoying hearing people scratching their heads over how to interpret the 7in7 themes Having to work with a set of themes like this is a great challenge
                        That it is.

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                        Sure I can tell you how.

I start by picking the two colors I want to use and have them ready to go. I always pick a light color from my sig and a dark color from my sig. Then I make sure that my signature is all one layer whether you flatten it or merge, but make sure it is an actual layer or the stroke won't work. Next, go to EDIT>STROKE, It will ask you to choose how many pixels. I use 3 pixels for the first part and use the lighter color. Click okay. Go back to EDIT>STROKE, this time take your darker color and use 1 pixel. Hit okay and you are done. You can use the stroke option for just about anything you want to outline. . Hope that makes sense. If it doesn't PM me and i can explain better once I am home by my computer and can open PS.
                        I think I got it. Thanks.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        I use layer masks all the time in GIMP. They come in especially helpful when I'm doing my grungy, splattery...thing. Both of the Castle wps I did for the challenge were done w/ black layer masks. Will do a tut, if anyone is interested.
                        Oh, I'm definitely interested! Pretty please?

Alrighty, no art from me yet as I just got home from work a little while ago and am just now gettin' on my computer...only to get right back off to go make my dinner. But, I do have a question: What's the deal with the clock I'm seeing in peoples sigs? Is there any reason, any significance to using it or is it simply a nice stock image to use? Sorry for my denseness on this.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

*darn. lost my multiquote*

Sarai thanks for posting that tut for your signature. I can't remember who else has followed it but I do remember that I loved the results. I gave it a try and took it in an entirely different direction and came up with this
                          sigpic

Comment

That's beautiful! I'd try the tut myself but I'm not sure how to convert it to Gimp...maybe tomorrow.

Gonna go start on my 7in7 icons now...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Here's my participation to this week's challenge!

RED_ HANDS_ NEG SPACE_

TINY TEXT_ FRAME_ B&W_ EMBRACE_

Comment

Nice job, Del! I especially like the Red one. Reminds me of one of my siggies......

Comment

Working...
                                X