Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the continuation.....

Spoiler:
    New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Using the grunge brushes, add touches of color along the outer edges of the artwork in color #f5deb3.

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Using a different brush from the same set, add another layer of accents in the same color.

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. With the same brush, using color #80461b, brush over entire layer, taking care not to smudge the model or flowers too much. Set layer to Hue, opacity 100%.

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Using the same brush set and color #f5f5dc, brush over entire layer. This will make it quite bright and will smudge out a lot of your vintage texture. You want only hints of this vintage texture to show through, but you want this to cover all the edges, brighten the entire thing, and add depth to your color. Set to Hard Light, opacity 100%.

Using a large fuzzy brush, erase this last Hard Light layer away from the model and the flowers.

Layer-->New from Visible. At this point, you can change your coloring. I forgot to write down the settings for Curves and Color Balance that I used, but this is when I removed a lot of the gold/yellow/tan tones from it and added in the gray-blue coloring. Each piece of art will be different based on the coloring of the model/character used.

Duplicate your flower texture. Bring it above your colored layer, set to Normal, opacity 38%. This just brings a bit of definition to the flowers that they tend to lack after coloring.

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Using color # 80461b, make yet another texture layer above everything. Overlap the brush strokes a bit over the edges of your model but not too much. You want to add texture to the background and blend the images, not cover. Apply a Layer Mask to create the fade effect, so it's darker on the bottom than the top.

Now, your text. I used Optimus Princeps at 0.350 inches (25 px) for the majority of the text and Scriptina at 1.050 inches (76 px) for the words I wanted to emphasize. Add your text in color #5f4632 first, then duplicate the layer. Change the color on the new text layer to #e9ead4. Move the text carefully to create the multidimensional effect. Usually, it only takes a pixel or two of movement to keep the text crisp but layered.

Add a drop shadow to all of your text once it's in place. Use color #5f5632 for the drop shadow and set opacity to 100%.

And you're done! Let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

Thanks for the tut, lg!
      sigpic

Comment

You're welcome, sy.

Comment

Lovely arts! And thanks for the tut lg

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day

Here are my last two wallies for the Beya challenge:
          http://yamiinsane.deviantart.com/#/d4p2o2y
          http://yamiinsane.deviantart.com/#/d4p2obm

I hope you likes
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Those are quite beautiful, Yamii, especially the blue one.
              sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous artworks everyone! Too many to list.

I love all your non fandom artworks, Lg. The tiger one is my fave. The colouring on that is beautiful. Thank you also for the tutorial.

Wonderful textures, Nola.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                  Gorgeous artworks everyone! Too many to list.

I love all your non fandom artworks, Lg. The tiger one is my fave. The colouring on that is beautiful. Thank you also for the tutorial.

Wonderful textures, Nola.
                  Thanks. The tiger one was a special request from my husband.

Comment

thank you Stargatefan.

I was passing out lots of Valentine green and the fridge got locked, so if I didn't make it to you - virtual green! Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Challenge entry
                      sigpic

Comment

You are welcome, Lg and Nola.

Lg, I'm a cat lover and I love the big cats.

My own take on LG's tutorial (don't know how to link, sorry). I think I messed up a few steps and I also use photoshop, not gimp. I'm not to sure about the results and its the first time in about a month that the Muse has felt like playing. I'm also not used to using brushes. This took me about 3 hours!! Anyhoo, this is for my fan fic.

sigpic
                        Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Great work yamii, Estrela and Stargate.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lovely work, Estrela and Stargatefan.

That sig I wrote the tut for (the key one) took me something like four hours or so just to get right. So, I do understand. And a lot of it was quite by accident!

Comment

Thanks for the tut lg! It's lots of work that's for sure. I'd love to give it a go though. You should submit that tut over at shadowplay too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                Thanks for the tut lg! It's lots of work that's for sure. I'd love to give it a go though. You should submit that tut over at shadowplay too.
                                You're welcome.

And I might do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X