Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Cool lg! - might I suggest making two different textures also? One of the sky and one of the ground. that way, you'd get three out of one pic and all totally different.
    I would never have thought about that! Thanks.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Cool texture lg!
    Thank you!

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
    Nice textures Rocket, Nola, lg, sci and Sarai

Thanks sci, Stargate and Graceful
    Thanks, Sy!

Sarai, wonderful textures and images! Where is the castle steps from?

Comment

Beautiful textures, Nola, Lg, Scifan and Sarai.

Here's my own. It's a bit on the darker side! I used an Atlantis screencap as the background and added two stock photos playing with the layers. The first stock pic I used vivid layer and the second stock pick I used hue and kept them both at 100% opacity.

It was an interesting experiment for a first try. What size do yo make the textures? I think I made mine a little smaller then intended to and without realsing it!!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

I make mine 2500 x 1500, but that's just a personal preference. I've noted that a lot of folks on DA make theirs a great deal larger and a whole lot smaller. It's just whatever works for you.

I like the color intensities of your texture.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Nola.
          sigpic
          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Stargate78fan - you gave me an idea and I had to run with it. Three screencaps from Red Sky and one from Window of Opportunity:
            sigpic

Comment

Great textures lg, sci, Sarai, Stargate78fan, and Nola!
              sigpic
              Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Thanks, Rocket.

Terrific texture, Nola and I'm glad I inspired you!
                sigpic
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

WOW! Beautiful textures everyone! I'll have to try my hand at texture making...

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  RIG I adored the text you used in your tut so much I had to go download it..
                  WOW, really? Cool!

..and about 15 others. When will I learn?
                  About the same time I will...which is never.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post

Anyway, this was inspired by RiG's tut but not for the challenge. Just made for a friend who loves Psych.

Nice job lady! I don't watch Psych! but this is really great! Okay, I did wat ch one episode and, admittedly, Shawn and Gus are a little too silly for my tastes. Wouldn't mind seeing James Roday in a serious role though...looks kinda hot when he has a serious look on his face.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  Been on a Numb3rs kick the last day or two. Made this up, using RiG's method and one of Nola's textures.

WOW! Another one lady? So happy that you think enough of my tut (and sig) to go back to it like you have. I'm...flattered. I used to watch Numbers all the time when it was on. Great sig!

Okay, I came in here to drop off my latest arties. Some Dean sigs...

This was made using Sy's tut...

These were inspired by the latest episode of Supernatural, "Time After Time", in which Dean is transported back in time (by Chronos - the God of Time) to 1944 where he meets Eliot Ness...who just happens to be a hunter like Dean.

...my current sig has a different font that I think works better.

Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 16 January 2012, 06:18 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                    Beautiful textures, Nola, Lg, Scifan and Sarai.

Here's my own. It's a bit on the darker side! I used an Atlantis screencap as the background and added two stock photos playing with the layers. The first stock pic I used vivid layer and the second stock pick I used hue and kept them both at 100% opacity.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...tistexture.jpg

It was an interesting experiment for a first try. What size do yo make the textures? I think I made mine a little smaller then intended to and without realsing it!!
                    Thanks hun.. and That's really awesome.

Stargate78fan - you gave me an idea and I had to run with it. Three screencaps from Red Sky and one from Window of Opportunity:
                    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...MTexture63.png
                    OOoo. Like that one too... I'm liking all of the arts!

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
                    Great textures lg, sci, Sarai, Stargate78fan, and Nola!
                    Thanks again hun.

RIG!!! Fantastic. Love the new sigs. Man does Jensen look good in that style.

One for the night... then G'night.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      RIG!!! Fantastic. Love the new sigs. Man does Jensen look good in that style.
                      Thank you! Oh, he most certainly does.

One for the night... then G'night.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ngepart1-5.png
                      Oh, me likey!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Lovely sigs, RiG! Can't wait to watch that episode *thud* . Jensen looks so damned hot in the art

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                        Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic
                        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Love those sigs RiG!

Great job with that texture sci. I don't know how to put pictures into textures like that and keep the scratches/whatever on top. Help?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            Thank you! Oh, he most certainly does.

Oh, me likey!

Thanks hun.

Love those sigs RiG!

Great job with that texture sci. I don't know how to put pictures into textures like that and keep the scratches/whatever on top. Help?
                            Thanks Nola. I use GIMP and in the Layer Mode you can put it to Screen. That will allow you to put overlap the pic with the texture. Hope that made sense.

Comment

So you duplicate the background layer over top of your pictures again and then set to screen? Have I got that right?
                              sigpic

Comment

So you duplicate the background layer over top of your pictures again and then set to screen? Have I got that right?
                                Ooops sorry. No, you have the the picture over the background and set the picture to screen. It will lay over anything dark. Sorry for not being clearer. I stink at explaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X