Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Thank you all

For those of you that are saying they don't do lightness - if you're using photoshop one of the best adjustment layers is Curves. You get a preview of what you are doing and you can modify the levels of light in different parts of the image to highlight what you want. Seriously, have a play it's lots of fun !
    I just recently discovered Curves, but haven't played around with it at all.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    The tut DJGirl posted for her Alexander Skarsgard sig inspired me and I came up with this:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m.../ifonlysig.jpg

I started off following it but then kind of ran away with it And I'm clearly ALL about the Castle art at the moment
    Amazing. I love the blue as the two pics come together! And the red! Fab
    sigpic
    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

New sig made from tut provided by syfyfan and created by DJgirl:

sigpic

Comment

Love all the new art

My friend showed me a link to this tutorial few weeks ago, you must be registred to see it, some of you know it already. I created this sig with it:

It is for photoshop and I use gimp so I use about half of it. Used the topaz clean effect at the end though (yeah, it is possible to run ps plugins in gimp)

Comment

Just to ask a dumb question, I had a few months of not posting on Gateworld and since I returned whenever I insert an image with the image uploader it comes up as a small image that can then be clicked on to enlarge the image but most other people seem to just be inserting the images in their original sizes.

Anyway my question is what is it that i'm missing here

Here's an example of what happens when I insert an image:

Nicholas Angel sig 2 (1).jpg
          sigpic

Comment

Here are the sigs I made from the tuts by Estrela and DJGirl

I threw them together rather haphazardly last night and am not terribly happy with the Mal one, but it was fun to make.
            sigpic
            Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Beautiful work everyone!I love it!

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
              Love all the new art
              My friend showed me a link to this tutorial few weeks ago, you must be registred to see it, some of you know it already. I created this sig with it:
              http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...igs/cbxs14.jpg
              It is for photoshop and I use gimp so I use about half of it. Used the topaz clean effect at the end though (yeah, it is possible to run ps plugins in gimp)
              I used the tut for this sig...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                Just to ask a dumb question, I had a few months of not posting on Gateworld and since I returned whenever I insert an image with the image uploader it comes up as a small image that can then be clicked on to enlarge the image but most other people seem to just be inserting the images in their original sizes.

Anyway my question is what is it that i'm missing here

Here's an example of what happens when I insert an image:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31279[/ATTACH]
                I think a lot of the posters are posting their pics as images from Photo Bucket or a similar web site that will host their images. Me too
                sigpic

Comment

Just a thought, not to be picky or anything but...would it be possible for folks posting tuts to specify what software it's for?

Only asking because not everybody uses the same graphics editing software.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Welcome and thanks for sharing! Love the lego pics

The tut DJGirl posted for her Alexander Skarsgard sig inspired me and I came up with this:

I started off following it but then kind of ran away with it And I'm clearly ALL about the Castle art at the moment
                    That's beautiful! I love how you went in your own direction. Glad my tut could inspire!

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                    What a cool concept! Thanks for sharing Morbo. You’ve got some really great pics there. I hope I can find some time to really explore your links.

Oooo! Lovely! And there’s nothing wrong with more Castle art in the world.

Isn’t it great how one tut can lead you down a totally different path? Sometimes I just get lost in time trying out different things that one little tut can inspire. Does that happen to anyone else or am I just developing adult onset ADD?
                    It's not just you. It happens to me all the time as you can see from your last tut. I think tuts are great any way you use them. They are there to inspire and that is what they do.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    New sig made from tut provided by syfyfan and created by DJgirl:

Turned out great!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    Just a thought, not to be picky or anything but...would it be possible for folks posting tuts to specify what software it's for?

I will definitely try to do that. I think I hVe done that on a few of mine but not all.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...t1/Wiersig.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...ntist1/Mal.jpg

I threw them together rather haphazardly last night and am not terribly happy with the Mal one, but it was fun to make.

I like both of them. I think you did a nice job. I like the coloring on the Mal one.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                        Love all the new art

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...igs/cbxs14.jpg

Breathtaking!

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...t1/Wiersig.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...ntist1/Mal.jpg

Mal! *sigh*
                        Love ‘em.
                        I’m just tickled that everyone’s getting so much out my little ol’ tut.

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                        Beautiful work everyone!I love it!

I used the tut for this sig...

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...ner/helen3.jpg
                        Beautiful!
                        Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

You’re not being picky. This is a very reasonable request.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, so the conversation earlier today got me thinking about really bright/light backgrounds, and watching Poisoning the Well today inspired me. I made up this icon/siggie set. The smaller icon is for this site in a day or two when I hit the mark to have my own avi. The larger icon is for a different website. And of course, the siggie. I'm thoroughly pleased with my experiment.

And, yes, I'm rather taken with Carson Beckett.

Comment

Sarai your icons are beautiful and so is the siggy you posted on a previous page!

Ladygris those are wonderful. Love the coloring!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Thank you. I used a really bright golden bokeh as my background, set it to screen, and then opened up the layers over that. Most of them are set to "Hard Light," with a touch of tweaking here and there to get the effect I wanted.

Btw, that's for GIMP.

Comment

Thanks Estrela and DJGirl.
                                (And thanks for the tutorials...I'm not terribly creative, so having something to start with is very helpful.)
                                sigpic
                                Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X