X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
    That's the same reason I keep showin' up
    I'm mind blown all the time.

@yammi I love the placement of the light and shadow on your Alex Castle WP. I loveteh background as well.

@Nola It's a very poignant piece.

@PH It's getting there. I like your "work in progress" pieces.
    One day I'll finish something..

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
      Commodore 64?
      Atari! Pong! first gen Gameboy, backpack cell phone, switchboard!

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      One day I'll finish something..
      you and me both hun.... you and me both.... these sig banners i've been making lately are a great distraction from my actual art [( i draw! but i always abandon my drawings halfway thru -.- )]
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

I uploaded the first two images to my store.. *link in sig*

I just need to update the store.. I keep meaning to make it better

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
          I'm wishing I had stuck w/ 2.6. Thanks anyway!
          I'm glad I did stick with 2.6. 2.8 sounded a bit too complicated for me, what with the saving/exporting thing and the text box - where you type/edit text right in the image instead of in the little text dialogue box. I'm so used to it that I don't want to change. Guess you can say I'm a creature of habit.

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
          If you place the font in the font folder it only installs in Gimp. On my computer, the Gimp font folder is found:

C:\Users\myname\.gimp-2.6\fonts

or

C:\Users\myname\.gimp-2.8\fonts
          Ah, yeah, I would/should do that but I'm too lazy.

I have a brushes folder in that area as well... but I'd never thought of having an even more separate folder so that only the brushes I'm using would be available. That might make things a bit faster at times. Might have to think about that too.
          Mmm, yeah...

AWESOME!!!

I might make the lines thinner.. I have to move it all a bit closer to the Blender camera so that might change the lines.. rendering at a higher resolution changes the amount of detail the outlines pick up on the model..
          Whatever you do I know it'll be great!

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
          Atari! Pong! first gen Gameboy, backpack cell phone, switchboard!
          OMG! The 1st Generation Gameboy! I have one of those! I also have a Gameboy color. I'll have to Google "backpack cell phone"...
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
            OMG! The 1st Generation Gameboy! I have one of those! I also have a Gameboy color. I'll have to Google "backpack cell phone"...
            the first gen cell phone was a "brick" receiver that we're all familiar with and Nola suggested earlier, but the model i'm talking about had a battery so big, it came in a messenger pack/purse that you had to wear on the side.... and the battery alone weighed like 20lbs....
            sigpic

Comment

http://fav.me/d69m6pv

The latest camera model render

Freestyle rendering is now my favourite Blender render option

And not just because I can't use cycles...

Comment

PH - when you said you were going to do a floppy disk, I expected a *floppy* - 5 1/4 inch

sigpic

Comment

I've never seen one of those before...

Comment

I've never seen one of those before...
                    I remember the transition from those to the smaller 3.5 inch ones!

And the transition from cassette to CD to DVD to MP3. . . .Yikes! I'm not that old!!!

Comment

I didn't have a computer until 1995.. and that had a CD drive..

My current computer doesn't have any disk drives at all..

Comment

I didn't have a computer until 1995.. and that had a CD drive..

My current computer doesn't have any disk drives at all..
                        My first computer was the infamous Commodore 64.

And my laptop definitely has a CD/DVD drive. I wouldn't purchase one without it.

Of course, "computers" are going the way of the tablet, these days. But, as an author and artist, I wouldn't limit myself to just tablets, no matter how many cool gadgets they have. There are some things that "retro" is just better for.

Comment

I'm on my laptop now.. that has a DVD drive that I hardly ever use. My desktop computer is huge ...And far more powerful than any tablet.. But when I built it the DVD drive had a fault that made it sound like it was going to explode at any moment.. After I installed Windows and the drivers I took the DVD drive out and I still haven't bought a new one.. But so far I haven't missed having a disk drive..

Comment

Great arties everyone

Here some for the challenge...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              PH - when you said you were going to do a floppy disk, I expected a *floppy* - 5 1/4 inch

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/bootdisk525inches.png~original
                              careful nola! you're age is showing

i definately agree on the whole retro thing.... i'd like a tablet so i can free draw my art, but usb and disk drives are also necessities... i actually have a usb connected floppy drive that we special ordered back when they first stopped installing floppy drives on laptops.... still have the floppy disks and if i were to go thru them, i'd prolly find half a dozen fics that i started but never finished..... as well as some scans of my very early drawings....
                              sigpic

Comment

I've been working on some icons again (somehow I get this obsession from time to time) and it's not part of the challenge. They're tiring to do! I never realised this but just doing a set of say, 6 was enough to make me expire.

But here's the result:

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X