No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely, ladygris! My personal preference is the second...
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thank you!

And that's the thing, I liked all of them! I finished the coloring on the first one and went, "I LIKE that!" Then, I added the gradient map on the third one, and thought, "I like that one, too!" Then, the middle....Yeah, I'm not very decisive. But I like how the set came out.

Comment

@lg: OMG, those JR sigs are great! My fave is the last one.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        Ikorni, I think I've infected a part of the thread with these Tuts.
        Yeah, we're infected with the Tut virus.

Poor Threesomeness (josi, Jumble and Sarai) who now have to deal with it! I think that's the reason why it's so quiet in here ...
        You may be right!

RiG, thank you ! Hell on Wheels will start next week over here. True, I've already watched season 1 but "live" on TV is always another feeling - besides that I didn't found a real good resource.
        You're welcome. I've never seen the show but I hear it's really good! And, yes, watching any show "live" is "another feeling". It's different from watching DVD's or streaming on-line.

So, it's late, I'm getting tired but I had to work on this Tut I tried yesterday for an icon. Not sure if I like the result of the sig but it looks somewhat interesting to me:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...lehyn5pics.jpg

Spoiler:
        Well, maybe it's the guy on it...

EDIT:
        It's definetely late. Forgot to post the icon:
        http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...davidsmile.jpg
        Love these!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks, RiG.

It's interesting to me to see who likes which one. I've had comments here and on the Hawkeye thread about them.

Comment

very nice lg and ikorni

thanks rig
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Lovely arties everyone. LG, my fave is the second.

ETA:

A challenge entry from me. Sadly it's really hard to find pix with a decent resolution from such old shows...

Last edited by maneth; 26 January 2013, 11:51 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome art, lg! Whoops, forgot: mine is the second one. But that's me ... *shrugs*
                Thanks, RiG . I'm glad you like it!
                Last edited by Hyndara71; 27 January 2013, 05:28 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

LT. COL. John Sheppard, thank you, glad it works for you!
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I've just spend ages on this banner but can't use it not here anyway , it says the remote file is too large, gutted, but thought I'd show it anyway.

Joe Flanigan

Joe Flanigan 02
                    Last edited by Nikki Alexander; 27 January 2013, 05:56 AM.
                    sigpic
                    McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                    Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

It's gorgeous, Nikki. But part of the reason it's too big is because it's saved as a .png. Save it as a .jpg, and it'll be a lot smaller.

I've also found that, if I save my files right at or just under 100kb, PB seems to upload them at a smaller kb size. No idea why, but it's happened to everything I've posted recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                        I've just spend ages on this banner but can't use it not here anyway , it says the remote file is too large, gutted, but thought I'd show it anyway.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1719b375.png

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...ps03922b8c.png
                        Wow! That's a huge file *stares on the properties* ... Besides, the banner looks great . Have you ever tried not to save it as .png? Maybe that's one of the problems ...

EDIT:
                        Yep, I saved it as .jpg. You shouldn't have problems anymore:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                        Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic
                        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

^ I took one of the textures off it, but I've always saved in PNG, I didn't think of that, but thank you, that's great, I'll remember that for next time.
                          sigpic
                          ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                            ^ I took one of the textures off it, but I've always saved in PNG, I didn't think of that, but thank you, that's great, it works as well when taking the other texture off.
                            Do you use PS or Gimp?

In PS, another trick I've found to lower kb size is to flatten the image just before I save it as a .jpg. That helps prevent huge kb sizes, too.

Comment

I use PSP actually, but I'll remember to save in JPG.
                              sigpic
                              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

good thing to remember - you are not allowed to post an image over the 100kb size restriction. That doesn't apply just to sigs. If it's over, in whatever format you use, then you should post as a thumbnail. We don't want our thread to be modded over too big of pics.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X