Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeeep. I can't even begin to comprehend what these months must be like for those people. Tornadoes in England are like having camels in the Arctic. They just don't happen. Hell we get scared whenever there's a minor tremor. These things happen so rarely over here.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
      Eeeep. I can't even begin to comprehend what these months must be like for those people. Tornadoes in England are like having camels in the Arctic. They just don't happen. Hell we get scared whenever there's a minor tremor. These things happen so rarely over here.
      You are very fortunate.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Well that's relative. Most disasters that occur over here are man-made. Besides we're so small that we've pretty much colonised every inch of land. There's no room for any natural disasters anymore. The worst we've had is severe flooding in the south and, apart from the Ice Age last Christmas (we thought it was the end of all things - for two weeks), that's really about it.

Like I say though, we're so tiny and close in terms of cities (totally different from having united states by each other) that anything that happens - we're on it like a tramp on chips.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Well that's relative. Most disasters that occur over here are man-made. Besides we're so small that we've pretty much colonised every inch of land. There's no room for any natural disasters anymore. The worst we've had is severe flooding in the south and, apart from the Ice Age last Christmas (we thought it was the end of all things - for two weeks), that's really about it.

Like I say though, we're so tiny and close in terms of cities (totally different from having united states by each other) that anything that happens - we're on it like a tramp on chips.
          You need to come visit the U.S. sometime for the experience.
          within a 20 mile radius of where I live you can experience, blazing humidity with temps over 100F, bitter cold blizzards with weather in the minus 10 F. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes. Pennsylvania is a full mecca of disaster scenarios
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Mars FTW.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            This happened the other night in Oklahoma. Watch how fast this tornado moves. the power of nature
            the driver survived with a broken arm, he was thrown outside the cab.
            http://www.wgal.com/video/28017392/detail.html
            I like in Oklahoma! We had a Tornado warning the other day. But I believe if one is to believe nothing will happen...nothing will happen.

Comment

within a 20 mile radius of where I live you can experience, blazing humidity with temps over 100F, bitter cold blizzards with weather in the minus 10 F. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes. Pennsylvania is a full mecca of disaster scenarios
              Went to Florida once.

Got tremendously bad sunburn.
              Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Mars FTW.

I like in Oklahoma! We had a Tornado warning the other day. But I believe if one is to believe nothing will happen...nothing will happen.
              I'm not sure if we even have sirens for anything over here anymore.

sigpic

Comment

Went to Florida once.

Got tremendously bad sunburn.

I'm not sure if we even have sirens for anything over here anymore.
                Why would you? There doesn't really seem to be natural disasters over there.

Comment

Yeah but not even as a precaution.

sigpic

Comment

Update: Scientists believe that there may be as much water on the moon as there is on Earth.

sigpic

Comment

There's a town near my house called Fort Washington... over the last twenty years or so, it has flooded at least three times.
                      sigpic
                      Don't touch Lola

Comment

Time to live on the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
                          There's a town near my house called Fort Washington... over the last twenty years or so, it has flooded at least three times.
                          So of our sourthern cities get flooded like once a year.
                          Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          Time to live on the moon.
                          Space? SPACE? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

sigpic

Comment

This is kinda old news. What I am waiting for is a visit to one of Jupiter's moons. I forget which one, but they say that one of them have an ocean under the ice that could contain deep ocean like life.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

I saw something on the local news where a guy lets his cat out and when the cat returns it has an arrow stuck in him that someone shot at the cat. I'm not a cat person but that is sick
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

No link, jel? That sounds horrific!

And mine for the day;

Amazing footage of a waterspout off the New South Wales coast.

Similar amazing footage of the Icelandic volcano (as well as a report about how it may affect European flights)

Severed head of patron saint of genital disease on sale

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X