• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripley2012 View Post
    GEORGIA

Australia is on there.

Phew no Israel.

Comment

It's worth noting that whilst some countries have compulsory voting, it is not enforced everywhere. I know it's enforced in Australia, but I don't think it is in Argentina, for example.
      My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
        It's worth noting that whilst some countries have compulsory voting, it is not enforced everywhere. I know it's enforced in Australia, but I don't think it is in Argentina, for example.
        I noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
          Obama practically guaranteed his re-election when it was announced that Osama was dead.
          under Bush Mccain he *might* have been killed too, but if so it would've probably been somewhere around end of October 2012

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post

Australia is on there.
          surprised ?
          Australia's also faar closer to "fascism" than what the US allegedly is. conversely its economy is also freer than even the US (in fact it's the 2nd freest economy in the world), which incidentally pretty much blows apart the anti-Obama arguments, among other thing :|

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            It is my understanding that voting is not mandatory in America?

Sort of make the whole voting thing seem pointless
            come to think of it speaking is not mandatory either

kinda makes the whole freedom of speech thing pointless :/

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              under Bush Mccain he *might* have been killed too, but if so it would've probably been somewhere around end of October 2012

surprised ?
              Australia's also faar closer to "fascism" than what the US allegedly is. conversely its economy is also freer than even the US (in fact it's the 2nd freest economy in the world), which incidentally pretty much blows apart the anti-Obama arguments, among other thing :|
              huh, this post makes zero sense.

Comment

huh, this post makes zero sense.
                which part ?

Comment

which part ?
                  surprised...down...sorry.

Comment

He completly lost my respect.

whats he actually done to isreal that is unwarranted, i used support isreal, but in recent years they almost seem to be deliberately making themselves unpopular, whether its discriminatory policies against its own citizens, more moves towards religious conservatism, the whole british passport scandal, isreal seem to be losing their way, there are reasons their closest allies like the usa and turkey have been distancing themselves

have for elections, always amazes me how far in advance america gets into election mood, if the republicans want any chance they really need to distance themselves from the lunatic fringe and go for someone a bit more moderate like mitt romney

Comment

I find it sad that the US has such low voter turnout. I'm not in favour of introducing obligatory voting, but if close to half of the eligible population doesn't participate in elections, then questions need to be asked as to why. Voter apathy, perhaps?
                      My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                        I find it sad that the US has such low voter turnout. I'm not in favour of introducing obligatory voting, but if close to half of the eligible population doesn't participate in elections, then questions need to be asked as to why. Voter apathy, perhaps?
                        Alot of voters seem to think by not turning out, they are making a point that they do not like any of the candidates. What they don't understand is that SOMEONE is going to get elected, regardless of whether they vote or not.

I don't have the numbers but I am pretty certain they aren't that low...plus it really depends on the election and whose running for office. Local elections have a bit tougher time then the presidential one.

Alot of our young people don't vote...the message needs to get out better and our younger crowd needs to take more of an interest..the politician that can energize the young population to vote stands a good chance of winning an election or at least making a really really good run for office!
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

didn't Obama already get reelected on May 2th ?
                          Ummm...no...Presidential elections are every 4 years and in November. He was elected to office in '08 and started serving in the beginning of '09. There won't be another presidential election until 2012.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Ummm...no...Presidential elections are every 4 years and in November. He was elected to office in '08 and started serving in the beginning of '09. There won't be another presidential election until 2012.
                            he don't get it

someone explain plz

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                            whats he actually done to isreal that is unwarranted
                            same question here, what exactly has he "done to israel" ??

besides their leader ain't exactly making things easy for him (it's almost like he was specifically elected to counter him. lol)

Comment

he don't get it

someone explain plz
                              rude
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                rude
                                dude :/

Comment

Working...