Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

and Rum to wash it down
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Give the squirrels credit; I've seen them open latched food coolers on camping trips with their paws, I wouldn't put it past them to improvise some sort of lever or other way to amplify muscle power.

Was camping once when a family of Raccoons came out of the woods by the river and just strolled up to a picnic table and just take everything off it like they owned it. The Family by the table didn't know whether to get mad or just laugh.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they can be a PITA too.
              We ended up solving the problem by putting the beer/beverage coolers on top of the food coolers. If there is a squirrel or racoon in that park that can lift a 40-50 Lb beverage cooler, he is welcome to anything he wants, I'm not going to argue with him.

Comment

PH could lift that...

Comment

My Great Gray Uncle Ned could lift it!
                  Originally posted by jelgate
                  This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

But not SQ. She is old
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Yeah, they can be a PITA too.
                      We ended up solving the problem by putting the beer/beverage coolers on top of the food coolers. If there is a squirrel or racoon in that park that can lift a 40-50 Lb beverage cooler, he is welcome to anything he wants, I'm not going to argue with him.

When ever I go camping, beer doesn't set around that long.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post

When ever I go camping, beer doesn't set around that long.
                        We would always go to Wellesley Island State Park, which is located on a big island in the middle of the St. Lawrence seaway, or one of the boat access only parks in the region. NY/US on the southern shore of the river and Canada on the north.

Upon arrival to the area, I would always pop across the border to the duty-free store just inside Canada and pick up 5 - 10 cases of Brador's, a very fine beer not legal for sale in the U.S. Much of it was intended to take back home with us, but let's just say we never had empty coolers.

Comment

*reports Annoyed to Suitcase Management*

Comment

Its okay PH. You can't get away with that these days
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Do I want to know what "suitcase management" might be?

If you're implying that that is no longer legal, that may be true. I haven't done that in almost 30 years. But it was legal at the time. I did get some odd looks from customs agents coming back into the U.S., but it was legal, so they couldn't do anything to stop me.

Comment

It was more that the US-Canada border is not as loose as it was back then
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X