Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    But I'm married to Britta!
    Stop flirting!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

But I'm married to Britta!
      And <Modsnip> Tood is posting **** in the politics thread!

He knows nothing of history. I have to put him on ignore before I say something that'll get me reported..

Comment

You're overreacting
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

He accused me of killing people on an island who never lived there.. from a country that didn't exist at the time..

<Modsnip> Tood knows nothing of the history of the islands he's talking about. He made it personal. Accused me directly.

The little <Modsnip> earned his place on my ignore list.

Comment

He accused your country which is fair given that most of the natives of the Americas were enslaved by the Europeans when they came over
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I was using the second person plural. But if Womble was that sensitive he would have put just about everyone on that thread on ignore. Not to mention I do know very clearly about the history of those Islands.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

He said YOUR. YOUR imperialism. YOUR murdering of people who didn't ******* exist. Not my country, not people from history. Me!

He has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  He accused your country which is fair given that most of the natives of the Americas were enslaved by the Europeans when they came over
                  Not my ancestors.

If they were, I might live near you.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                    Not my ancestors. If they were, I might live near you.
                    Proving you are not a god
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      He said YOUR. YOUR imperialism. YOUR murdering of people who didn't ******* exist. Not my country, not people from history. Me!
                      No he didn't
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

He has no idea what he's talking about.
                        I'm sorry for making it seem like that. I should take greater care in how I word my posts. As I said, it was the second person plural, as in your country. I just omitted mentioning that.

I can't stop you from misunderstanding what I said. Maybe I am used to arguing with Gatefan as we do say "you" to each other a lot. And my point wasn't to argue in favor of the POV of Latin America, but to show how it is so out of wack with established history just like the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Not everyone who opines on Israel knows about everything that happened in the 20th century. And plenty of Latin Americans don't know the actual history of the Falkland islands. To them, they were no different than any other colonial possession that Europe had in the Americas in the past (how ever wrong that opinion is. As you can imagine, education in Latin America on the subject is very biased in favor of Argentina's weak claims.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry for making it seem like that. I should take greater care in how I word my posts. As I said, it was the second person plural, as in your country. I just omitted mentioning that.

I can't stop you from misunderstanding what I said. Maybe I am used to arguing with Gatefan as we do say "you" to each other a lot. And my point wasn't to argue in favor of the POV of Latin America, but to show how it is so out of wack with established history just like the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Not everyone who opines on Israel knows about everything that happened in the 20th century. And plenty of Latin Americans don't know the actual history of the Falkland islands. To them, they were no different than any other colonial possession that Europe had in the Americas in the past (how ever wrong that opinion is. As you can imagine, education in Latin America on the subject is very biased in favor of Argentina's weak claims.
                          *smacks aretood with a newspaper* Now, your flirting with PH
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Those are perfidious untruths!
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

So you're making your poor wording my fault? Blaming me for your mistake?! Your deliberate use of the wrong name for the Falkland Islands. What point were you trying to make by saying I did those things you accused me of? You were trying to **** me off. You wanted to fight. Now accept you were wrong in a way that doesn't put the blame on me for the way I read your deliberately offensive and provocative post.

THE FALKLANDS HAVE NEVER BELONGED TO ARGENTINA. ARGENTINA WASN'T A COUNTRY WHEN THE ISLANDS BECAME BRITISH.

Comment

I'm sorry I offended you.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X