The GateWorld Cantina MKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Potential work for a historian if I ever become important enough to warrant that level of research. One of these days I might be lucky enough to become a Knight of the realm... though even I with my lofty goals and ambitions don't hold out much hope for that.
    You'd probably have a better shot of marrying Karen Gillan.
    Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
    "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
    sigpic
    dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
      You'd probably have a better shot of marrying Karen Gillan.
      You know funnily enough I'd probably settle for that option.

Although these days I'm more in love with Jenna Coleman...
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

You know funnily enough I'd probably settle for that option.

Although these days I'm more in love with Jenna Coleman...
        You have fun with them. I'll stick to Tamla Kari right now. (...My friend got me hooked on The Musketeers, damn it.)
        sigpic
        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

You have fun with them. I'll stick to Tamla Kari right now. (...My friend got me hooked on The Musketeers, damn it.)
          Ahhh good choice. Constance is quite the enchantress. Though personally I discount her just purely because I can never tell whether it's just the corset t work... I've not seen her in anything else to tell.

Course both She and Luke Pasqualino are the same age as me. And Alexandra Dowling is two years younger... so being suitably disgusted with my own lack of fame, they are who are driving me to this new found fountain of creative determination.

Other than that The Musketeers is a brilliant show. Have you seen the finale yet?

Comment

Ahhh good choice. Constance is quite the enchantress. Though personally I discount her just purely because I can never tell whether it's just the corset t work... I've not seen her in anything else to tell.

Course both She and Luke Pasqualino are the same age as me. And Alexandra Dowling is two years younger... so being suitably disgusted with my own lack of fame, they are who are driving me to this new found fountain of creative determination.

Other than that The Musketeers is a brilliant show. Have you seen the finale yet?
            I saw the finale right after it aired. A friend of mine streamed it while it aired and I did the internet equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears and going "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU DON'T SPOIL IT". Queen Anne is just incredible, god. Watching her take Richelieu down a few pegs was awesome.

(And, speaking as someone who has seen Tamla Kari outside the corset, it's definitely not the corset at work.)

And Alexandra and Luke are only two years older than me, oh god. (I feel... inadequate. To say the least.)
            sigpic
            dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

I saw the finale right after it aired. A friend of mine streamed it while it aired and I did the internet equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears and going "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU DON'T SPOIL IT". Queen Anne is just incredible, god. Watching her take Richelieu down a few pegs was awesome.

(And, speaking as someone who has seen Tamla Kari outside the corset, it's definitely not the corset at work.)

And Alexandra and Luke are only two years older than me, oh god. (I feel... inadequate. To say the least.)
              I know I loved how the Queen played that. Hopefully she'll get a lot more screen time next series... which she undoubtedly will since Richlieu clearly suspects somethings up so he'll be moving to find out. I'm just impressed that an actress that is so young can project such Gravitas. I mean when she is in the full Royal garb you have no doubt that she has the power that she is supposed to wield.

I felt much the same When I found out that the author of Divergent is likewise the same age as me... and got the book published while she was at Uni... now I haven't read it so I dunno how good it is but the fact that it's now a film is enough to grind my gears.

Comment

I know I loved how the Queen played that. Hopefully she'll get a lot more screen time next series... which she undoubtedly will since Richlieu clearly suspects somethings up so he'll be moving to find out. I'm just impressed that an actress that is so young can project such Gravitas. I mean when she is in the full Royal garb you have no doubt that she has the power that she is supposed to wield.

I felt much the same When I found out that the author of Divergent is likewise the same age as me... and got the book published while she was at Uni... now I haven't read it so I dunno how good it is but the fact that it's now a film is enough to grind my gears.
                Fingers crossed. I love Anne and more screen time would be awesome, even if it ends up just being the Anne/Aramis thing. (And, to be honest, I'd enjoy more of the Anne/Aramis plotline, if only because we'd get more of Athos making some truly hilarious faces over it.)

From what I've heard, the movie's terrible, but the book's good. I figure I'll watch it when it's out on DVD and then read the book. And seriously? She's that young? Jeez.
                sigpic
                dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Fingers crossed. I love Anne and more screen time would be awesome, even if it ends up just being the Anne/Aramis thing. (And, to be honest, I'd enjoy more of the Anne/Aramis plotline, if only because we'd get more of Athos making some truly hilarious faces over it.)

From what I've heard, the movie's terrible, but the book's good. I figure I'll watch it when it's out on DVD and then read the book. And seriously? She's that young? Jeez.
                  Lol. Yes.
                  "I can't believe you slept with the Queen!"
                  "I thought you didn't see anything..."

Looking forward to when Porthos eventually finds out.

And yes. She is in fact precisely 12 days older than me. And her first novel was published in 2011... I have some catching up to do. I am genuinely irked by her. Never met her but I consider her my literary rival. I'd be half tempted even to write her a letter formally declaring war... I'm at that level.

Comment

Lol. Yes.
                    "I can't believe you slept with the Queen!"
                    "I thought you didn't see anything..."

Looking forward to when Porthos eventually finds out.

And yes. She is in fact precisely 12 days older than me. And her first novel was published in 2011... I have some catching up to do. I am genuinely irked by her. Never met her but I consider her my literary rival. I'd be half tempted even to write her a letter formally declaring war... I'm at that level.
                    Athos and Aramis's faces when the Queen announced she was pregnant was probably one of my favorite moments of the finale. Just the "oh crap" look Aramis had and Athos's "I am going to kill you, assuming you don't get arrested for treason first". *snickers*

And, okay, honey, I love you, but, uh, maybe chill a bit? There's a lot of stuff to keep in mind. Yeah, okay, she's 12 days older than you, but she also wrote dystopia that got published in 2011, when the Hunger Games movie came out and female-led dystopia was the new vampire. She catered to a popular, pre-existing genre and that had a lot to do with her being published, I can guarantee you.
                    sigpic
                    dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Athos and Aramis's faces when the Queen announced she was pregnant was probably one of my favorite moments of the finale. Just the "oh crap" look Aramis had and Athos's "I am going to kill you, assuming you don't get arrested for treason first". *snickers*

And, okay, honey, I love you, but, uh, maybe chill a bit? There's a lot of stuff to keep in mind. Yeah, okay, she's 12 days older than you, but she also wrote dystopia that got published in 2011, when the Hunger Games movie came out and female-led dystopia was the new vampire. She catered to a popular, pre-existing genre and that had a lot to do with her being published, I can guarantee you.
                      Lol. Indeed. But I'm sure it'll all work out... Although I am looking forward to Richlieu undoubtedly holding a grudge. All this series he was confident he was just doing the best for the King and France. He didn't want anyone to get in the way but at the same time he only killed when he felt he needed to. Now between Anne and the Musketeers he surely will feel a need to get revenge... Plus Capaldi plays sinister oh so well.

Yeah I know but even so. There aren't all that many people who get published at such a young age... I mean it happens often enough but it's still relatively rare, and it's my goal to get published at least before I'm thirty so I can hold myself in that club.

Comment

Lol. Indeed. But I'm sure it'll all work out... Although I am looking forward to Richlieu undoubtedly holding a grudge. All this series he was confident he was just doing the best for the King and France. He didn't want anyone to get in the way but at the same time he only killed when he felt he needed to. Now between Anne and the Musketeers he surely will feel a need to get revenge... Plus Capaldi plays sinister oh so well.

Yeah I know but even so. There aren't all that many people who get published at such a young age... I mean it happens often enough but it's still relatively rare, and it's my goal to get published at least before I'm thirty so I can hold myself in that club.
                        Well, Capaldi's not supposed to be in season 2, with Doctor Who and everything, so who knows how that's gonna pan out...

And hey, people are getting published younger and younger these days, so... Especially when they do cater to the pre-existing popular genres, if only to get their foot in the door. (It also helps to do your research before you submit your manuscripts. Finding a publisher that will accept everything in your book is worth the time and effort it takes. My mom spent weeks paring down a list of publishers before she found one that she felt fit right. And that publisher? Accepted her book on the first submission. So...)
                        sigpic
                        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Well, Capaldi's not supposed to be in season 2, with Doctor Who and everything, so who knows how that's gonna pan out...

And hey, people are getting published younger and younger these days, so... Especially when they do cater to the pre-existing popular genres, if only to get their foot in the door. (It also helps to do your research before you submit your manuscripts. Finding a publisher that will accept everything in your book is worth the time and effort it takes. My mom spent weeks paring down a list of publishers before she found one that she felt fit right. And that publisher? Accepted her book on the first submission. So...)
                          I suspect he'll still be in it but just in a reduced capacity. I can imagine that his scenes will show him keeping a greater distance but with more of his spies.

I already have my Writers Market and Writers Handbook with up to date listings of publishers so they'll become especially useful in the months to come. Once I've got more short stories written as well I'm going to start getting my own personal marketing together too. Get a full website set up proper, most likely a blog and so on.

Comment

I suspect he'll still be in it but just in a reduced capacity. I can imagine that his scenes will show him keeping a greater distance but with more of his spies.

I already have my Writers Market and Writers Handbook with up to date listings of publishers so they'll become especially useful in the months to come. Once I've got more short stories written as well I'm going to start getting my own personal marketing together too. Get a full website set up proper, most likely a blog and so on.
                            Probably. They'll fit his scenes around his DW filming as best they can. I'm kinda glad, to be honest, bc unless he was snarking at the king, I wasn't very fond of Richelieu. And now we'll get more time with everyone else. (Hopefully more Constance, because I love her.)

Well, if you ever need any help with a website, I'm working my ass off on learning coding and graphic design. </hint>
                            sigpic
                            dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Probably. They'll fit his scenes around his DW filming as best they can. I'm kinda glad, to be honest, bc unless he was snarking at the king, I wasn't very fond of Richelieu. And now we'll get more time with everyone else. (Hopefully more Constance, because I love her.)

Well, if you ever need any help with a website, I'm working my ass off on learning coding and graphic design. </hint>
                              YES! Jess you may just be the very thing I need... in particular I may need you for a very very special project I have developing in my head.

Comment

YES! Jess you may just be the very thing I need... in particular I may need you for a very very special project I have developing in my head.
                                ...I am justifiably wary, given your tone of excitement, buuuuut... What is it?
                                sigpic
                                dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X