The GateWorld Cantina MKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    you know, you can't give kids incentives like candy any more as "prizes" for winning learning competitions. For some kids, that's the only thing that excites them to put in some effort.
    Hand out Meth... I'm sure that will perk them right up

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
    Architecture.

Well if he can speak their language, maybe he can get through to them?

I don't know what sculpture you are talking about.
    next time you are in the DAAP buildings look out the window across toward Burnett Woods and look for that sculpture....right there
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I have to prepare at least some of them for college. The rest, for the real world. In any case, simple regurgitation ain't gonna cut it.
      sigpic

Comment

....Architecture. Three classes of that. And Economics. And an Evolution-y class.
        Oh, cool. Say, it just occurred to me... do you know about CLEP tests? Could save you some time and money getting through gen eds.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
          It played in my head like a little movie clip.
          I was going to say 'take the con' but thought that was a bit too much on the nose.

Comment

I CLEPed out of a some hours...good deal
            sigpic

Comment

I CLEPed out of a some hours...good deal
              Me too. It saved me from composition I, sociology, psychology, and economics.
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I have to prepare at least some of them for college. The rest, for the real world. In any case, simple regurgitation ain't gonna cut it.
                I don't know seems to work for President's and Sports Reporters...

Comment

Me too. It saved me from composition I, sociology, psychology, and economics.
                  I remember CLEPping out of sociology. Rather ironic, as I've taught it now for about 15 years.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    Hand out Meth... I'm sure that will perk them right up

next time you are in the DAAP buildings look out the window across toward Burnett Woods and look for that sculpture....right there
                    Perks up the drug dogs too.

That building is like a maze and it is covered in windows.

Oh, cool. Say, it just occurred to me... do you know about CLEP tests? Could save you some time and money getting through gen eds.
                    I know not of what you speak. However, I don't think I have many gen eds left. I did many of them during High school.
                    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

AP and Dual Credit while in high school are a terrific way to get a lot of hours out of the way very cheaply.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perks up the drug dogs too.

That building is like a maze and it is covered in windows.

I know not of what you speak. However, I don't think I have many gen eds left. I did many of them during High school.
                        yeah and most of the windows either face looking out toward Burnett woods...or the parking garage or other buildings but if you're lucky you may run into the nude models from drawing class.

Comment

yeah and most of the windows either face looking out toward Burnett woods...or the parking garage or other buildings but if you're lucky you may run into the nude models from drawing class.
                          MY studio window points out at a flat roof which is bordered by a five foot wall. I can see the tops of trees past that through.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                          ---
                          sigpic

Comment

MY studio window points out at a flat roof which is bordered by a five foot wall. I can see the tops of trees past that through.

you might pretend that you're in a tree house
                            sigpic

Comment

*snort* well then you need to go outside and take a walk down the side walk of MLK drive and look at it...or I could jsut post pics for you

Comment

*snort* well then you need to go outside and take a walk down the side walk of MLK drive and look at it...or I could jsut post pics for you
                                Exploring is a thing that I should do, but I haven't yet.
                                ---
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X