This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    I didn't "wolf out" on the perp, though believe me I was very tempted to. I did, however, did something that was likely far more effective: I had a very frank and open talk with the perp's family. They got the message quite firmly to keep the guy under control or there would be consequences, not the least of which was a restraining order. I think they'll comply... for the time being. I've setup a contingency plan in case they don't, and it does include the restraining order among other legal machinations. I've been the plaintiff in a lawsuit before so this isn't new to me--unfortunately.

Yeah, they usually are. Consequently, my opinion of them is very low.

Your concern is appreciated. She's actually feeling better now that we had a visit down at the police station. I think setting the contingency plan in motion empowered her a bit. I'm confident that we've effectively dealt with the external threat. The real problem in this situation seems to be... closer to home. *sigh* It's a long story.
    If I were in your shoes one of those contingency plans would be a shotgun esp. if your state has one of those "castle doctrine" laws which are basically a set of laws that say your home is your castle and you can defend it by any and all means necessary....I hate that we need laws to tell us it's OK to exercise what should be a natural right.....that of defending your property against intruders...darn liberals anyway....if I got a gun and an intruder comes into my house.....I'm exercising my second amendment rights....no ifs, ands, or buts

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
      I think just doing something makes you feel more in control and less the victim.
      I think that's why she's much more up and about and not depressed.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      If I were in your shoes one of those contingency plans would be a shotgun esp. if your state has one of those "castle doctrine" laws which are basically a set of laws that say your home is your castle and you can defend it by any and all means necessary....I hate that we need laws to tell us it's OK to exercise what should be a natural right.....that of defending your property against intruders...darn liberals anyway....if I got a gun and an intruder comes into my house.....I'm exercising my second amendment rights....no ifs, ands, or buts
      Like I said, the problem has been dealt with to our satisfaction. Though I might agree with you as far as the politics of this tactical situation goes, there's something that's more important than that going on right now. Yes, there is something more important than the politics of this situation: My dad's reaction to this situation, or should I say lack of reaction. His wife was in danger... and he didn't care one bit--and still doesn't. It's a long story.
      sigpic

Comment

Like I said, the problem has been dealt with to our satisfaction. Though I might agree with you as far as the politics of this tactical situation goes, there's something that's more important than that going on right now. Yes, there is something more important than the politics of this situation: My dad's reaction to this situation, or should I say lack of reaction. His wife was in danger... and he didn't care one bit--and still doesn't. It's a long story.
        *sigh*....

Comment

Well i hope she continues to be up and the situation is resolved.
          sigpic

Comment

*cries*

Will the sbiw ever end?
            sigpic

Comment

*cries*

Will the sbiw ever end?
              whats sbiw?
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                whats sbiw?
                It is Iffyese for snow. It has sbiwed all day long. *cries* I'm starting to wilt.
                sigpic

Comment

It is Iffyese for snow. It has sbiwed all day long. *cries* I'm starting to wilt.
                  *passes Vitamin D supplements*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    *passes Vitamin D supplements*
                    I just some sunshine. This winter has been very cloudy & sbiwy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just some sunshine. This winter has been very cloudy & sbiwy.
                      we got some here though 51F isn't quite warm enough to go get a tan.....it's supposed to get up to 70F on Sunday though it's also supposed to rain.......although from what I saw of the forecast the greatest chance for rain is at night on sunday so there might be some sun during the day......so you can come over to buffalo and get some sun.....

Comment

50F would be groshing.
                        sigpic

Comment

50F would be groshing.
                          it's a date then....

*buys string bikini for Iffy to wear (or.....erm......model.....)*......

Comment

50F isn't that warm.
                            sigpic

Comment

50F isn't that warm.
                              I know......

Comment

That's good.

*Looks out window & sighs*
                                sigpic

Comment