X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Do you find any guys "cute" Tood?
    Yes. Like that little baby that I saw the other day. Soooo cute

In all seriousness, the reason guys don't use the word "cute" is because complementing the looks of an individual of the same sex is erroneously considered to mean that one has homosexual tendencies. The reason why women can get away with it is because lesbianism has been accepted since women are nothing more than sex objects and woman on woman "action" is considered "hot." So a woman who calls another woman "cute" is only fulfilling her role as a sex object in society's eyes. Where as men are not sex object thus they cannot do these "hot" things since that would be downgrading their status. So I am constrained by the social cultural belief that women are nothing more than sex objects and men are more than their gender, so no. I do not call guys "cute." But let's face it. All men can recognize when another guy looks good. We are just raised to be disgusted at the idea of acknowledging it due to the double standard.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
      Oh the arms *wipes drool* He has lovely limbs.
      and I'm sure you wouldn't mind those arms and the hands attached to them giving you a massage right?

*gives Iffy gift certificate to an all-day massage from MS*....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        and I'm sure you wouldn't mind those arms and the hands attached to them giving you a massage right?

*gives Iffy gift certificate to an all-day massage from MS*....
        *Fines MG for public display of indecency* Yes, I am the Decency Police Tood
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Yes. Like that little baby that I saw the other day. Soooo cute

In all seriousness, the reason guys don't use the word "cute" is because complementing the looks of an individual of the same sex is erroneously considered to mean that one has homosexual tendencies.

This is exactly why I was after clarification Tood.

The reason why women can get away with it is because lesbianism has been accepted since women are nothing more than sex objects and woman on woman "action" is considered "hot." So a woman who calls another woman "cute" is only fulfilling her role as a sex object in society's eyes.
          No, the reason they can get away with it is because males and females ascribe VERY different meanings to certain words and phrases.

Where as men are not sex object thus they cannot do these "hot" things since that would be downgrading their status.
          You honestly think women don't see guys as "boy toys" sometimes?? Oh dear.

So I am constrained by the social cultural belief that women are nothing more than sex objects and men are more than their gender, so no. I do not call guys "cute." But let's face it. All men can recognize when another guy looks good. We are just raised to be disgusted at the idea of acknowledging it due to the double standard.
          Garbage.
          I have no problems hugging another guy, I have no problems saying another man looks "good", thats a function of me being secure in my own sexuality, not any kind of "sociatal contract"
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You didn't put your hat on, I call foul!!
            sigpic

Comment

never said that it would be a full-body massage....

Comment

It is interesting to look at old photos and how men are posed with each other. Around the mid 1800's you often see pictures of guys who are friends pose with their hands on each others knee. You would not see them posed that way now. Of course photos for tghe most part are no longer as formal either.

How did this happen we took a turn for the serious.
                sigpic

Comment

It is interesting to look at old photos and how men are posed with each other. Around the mid 1800's you often see pictures of guys who are friends pose with their hands on each others knee. You would not see them posed that way now. Of course photos for tghe most part are no longer as formal either.

You requested a serious answer?
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

You only have yourself to blame
                      sigpic

Comment

i'll try to not let this ever happen again !

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, can't say as I've ever had a crush on another woman. I've admired some women for their strength of character, or their athleticism, or even their stunning good looks. But to my mind, "crush" has a deeper connotation than merely recognizing a superior specimen. I had a couple of crushes on boys in high school. The kind where you daydream about him, make up little fantasy dates, and so forth. But never about another female.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Hmmm, can't say as I've ever had a crush on another woman. I've admired some women for their strength of character, or their athleticism, or even their stunning good looks. But to my mind, "crush" has a deeper connotation than merely recognizing a superior specimen. I had a couple of crushes on boys in high school. The kind where you daydream about him, make up little fantasy dates, and so forth. But never about another female.
                            Exactly

So, did Methusalah like you as well?
                            sigpic

Comment

i'd laugh but ere about the same age

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, no. I was a lowly sophomore and he was a senior...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X