X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real-world ZPM in our future?

Check out this article...
    http://m.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/1...r-dark-energy/
    Speak about "your tax dollars at work". I love that.

Anyway, the above may not be energy from subspace (?), but is it not too big a stetch to say that the concept of the ZPM, in that it (roughly speaking) pulls energy from the universe, may be realized someday?

Originally posted by Loki0002 View Post
    Check out this article...
    http://m.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/1...r-dark-energy/
    Speak about "your tax dollars at work". I love that.

Anyway, the above may not be energy from subspace (?), but is it not too big a stetch to say that the concept of the ZPM, in that it (roughly speaking) pulls energy from the universe, may be realized someday?
    sounds intriguing though I wish he'd get some private sources of funding and that we the taxpayer had a chance to vote on whether or not to use taxpayer funds for this project

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      sounds intriguing though I wish he'd get some private sources of funding and that we the taxpayer had a chance to vote on whether or not to use taxpayer funds for this project
      Direct democracy doesn't work in countries as large as they are today. If you don't like your money being spent on something, write to your representative or vote them out next time around. Either way, the project sounds very promising.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

or maybe for these private people to stop looking for government handouts to begin with......if you think you've got a good product that might drum up some business then you pony up the money yourself and get a loan....if this is a government LOAN they're getting that's OK cuz at least us taxpayers have a chance to get return on the investment

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          or maybe for these private people to stop looking for government handouts to begin with......if you think you've got a good product that might drum up some business then you pony up the money yourself and get a loan....if this is a government LOAN they're getting that's OK cuz at least us taxpayers have a chance to get return on the investment
          Well, yes. However, this could ultimately reduce energy costs, eliminate pollution, and cause world peace .

Comment

Working...
          X