This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Given that since it's inception free speech has always come with conditions or exceptions, and no one has taken a mile in all that time, do you think your paranoia is warranted?
    How many police states have begun with government control of the media?
    I mean, really, that's chapter 1 of the evil bad guys manual.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      So we are back to paranoia. I'll get the tin foil hats
      You play with your hats all you want. But is it or is it not true that a police state or authoritarian state of any flavor controls the media, very early on?

Comment

That is not even close to what is happening here. Free speech has always had limits on what can be said. Harming others has never been protected by free speech. That is a long way from your conspiracy to government is going to silence us.

Although Trump has tried
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Controlling the people period and the information released to the people is chapter 1 of the EBGM
          sigpic

Comment

That's the big question, isn't it? Everybody has their own definition. Very often the claim is that something which does not agree with the viewpoint of or otherwise is against his interests is fake. You can't point to some reference point and compare to it.

So as I usually say when it comes to speech issues, let everyone have their say and let the audience decide the value of what is being said.
            The russians discovered years ago that the best propaganda is to flood the internet with nonsense so nobody can even find the legitimate news anymore. The internet needs moderation. Facebook and Twitter facilitate an enormous amount of online conversation, yet without any responsibility for it.

Secondly, your president routinely slams and smears US media for daring to report on what he says, and calls his own words fake news. It's clear that if it were up to trump, the White House would be the only source of news. Or have you forgotten the "alternative facts".

Comment

Trump is still reading it, it's taken him almost a year so far. He probably got the picture book version from his pals though.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                The russians discovered years ago that the best propaganda is to flood the internet with nonsense so nobody can even find the legitimate news anymore. The internet needs moderation. Facebook and Twitter facilitate an enormous amount of online conversation, yet without any responsibility for it.

Secondly, your president routinely slams and smears US media for daring to report on what he says, and calls his own words fake news. It's clear that if it were up to trump, the White House would be the only source of news. Or have you forgotten the "alternative facts".
                Ok, for the sake of discussion, let's say I agree. We'll have Breitbart or Heritage.org do the moderating.
                You're good with that, right? Of course not.

But you want me to be ok with the Internet being moderated by lefties, which A: describes the vast majority of the media outlets and B: are generally the people calling for moderation.

Sorry, not in this lifetime.

Comment

Their is a world beyond politics
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Trump is still reading it, it's taken him almost a year so far. He probably got the picture book version from his pals though.
                    That is too funny! I think the picture book would still be too complicated for Mango Mussolini!
                    sigpic

Comment

A pop-up book?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

A pop-up book?
                        Yes...this would be more applicable!
                        sigpic

Comment

Do you deny that politics has a great deal to do with fake news and the accusations of it?

Comment

Do you deny that politics has a great deal to do with fake news and the accusations of it?
                            Go put your goalposts back
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

Ok, for the sake of discussion, let's say I agree. We'll have Breitbart or Heritage.org do the moderating.
                              You're good with that, right? Of course not.

But you want me to be ok with the Internet being moderated by lefties, which A: describes the vast majority of the media outlets and B: are generally the people calling for moderation.

Sorry, not in this lifetime.
                              Go put your goalposts back
                              You put yours back. We were discussing fake news in relation to politics.

Comment

We were not into you changed the subject. Go farther back
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X