Clear All

The world's or his?
    sigpic

Comment

The world. In his world, he is unbreakable
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I did say Israel a few hours ago, right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/w...ssia.html?_r=0
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You folks pining for the end of the Electoral College system might have an opportunity to do that in a few years.
          Push for Convention of the States to rein in government gains steam

Based on this article, I'm rather in favor of the idea. Most of the ideas being discussed are from the right side of the fence, but if this goes forward, it might be possible to get rid of the EC.

Comment

I have signed up to that CoS, and hope it gets enough states to PUSH it through.. IMO they need to get
            TERM LIMITS!!! First and foremost.

Comment

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
              sigpic

Comment

What is this guy doing? This sounds more like he's thinking out loud without realizing it. Keeps trying out different explanations.

Comment

Why do you think I keep saying that this is NOT a partisan issue?
                  I'll throw out some legal stuff such as the constitution allowing a new election, but at the end of the day -my- interest in this is how dangerous it is for the entire world to have a unhinged president of the US, and that could be a left or right leaning person, both would be equally dangerous.
                  This is why the democrats are saying stuff like "party over country", because I find it all but impossible to believe that if it were a -democrat- acting like this, the right would NOT be going batcrap crazy and saying the same things. Trump stays in because the republican party stalwarts (your oft mentioned congress-critters) see a chance to push their agenda. See how the congress is -starting- to react now when even they cannot get their agenda through while controlling -every branch of government-. When the congress critters weigh up the cost, not to you or your country, but to their own careers, you will see action. Until then, they will let any egregious mouth fart go.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a question GF. Do you think if hillary won, we would have seen ANY of these allegations? Any calls from fellow Dems to investigate HER selling uranium, or her pay to play while Sec of State?? OR from any of the leftist media?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      I did say Israel a few hours ago, right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/w...ssia.html?_r=0
                      Linky no worky.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Here's a question GF. Do you think if hillary won, we would have seen ANY of these allegations?
                        These ones here?
                        Any calls from fellow Dems to investigate HER selling uranium,
                        Err, well, as that one has been utterly debunked, no, I don't think you would see much traction on that one.
                        The US sold Uranium to Russia, signed off by NINE separate organizations, plus other independent bodies, so unless you think Hillary is so good as to have her hand up over nine asses at once, don't you think she could have won the election?

or her pay to play while Sec of State??
                        Now, see that's something that you could make a solid case for, your problem would be pinning down what the actual -crime- is. Pay to play is not exactly new, nor restricted to any individual or party. -trump himself- admitted to engaging in pay to play as a private citizen, Citizens United is essentially -legalized- pay to play, and trumps EO on religious freedom allows churches to use their tithed monies to be used for pay to play. That ruling, allowing Churches to have representation without taxation -ALSO- covers Synagogues, and Mosques, and any other religiously based Non-profit.
                        Cool huh...............
                        So, find the crime, get the proof and charge away.
                        OR from any of the leftist media?
                        MANY "lefty" places covered pay to play, and many were not happy about it either, but they covered it.

What I really think would have happened if Hillary won, is that at her first misstep on the level of any of trumps, especially the last week, the republican senate and republican congress would be writing up the articles of impeachment. (hell, the Flynn screw up would have been enough).
                        Would the same happen in the reverse situation?
                        Dunno, even the "lefty media" and several Democratic senators have openly said that they are not at the level of impeachment -yet- because the Russia investigation needs to go on (but they are all to the stage of special prosecutor).

Like I said, this is not a partisan issue to me, Republicans won the election according to the rules, that is not going to change. This is me considering trump to not just be "dodgy", or breaking a few rules, this is having someone who is clearly unstable being C-in-C of the most powerful, richest nation on earth with the largest and most destructive military in the recorded history of the planet.
                        Does that not concern you as well?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          Linky no worky.
                          Well, it's spread across the internets by now, Israel has been named as the Ally that Trump shafted, but when I made my initial assessment about Mossad not being happy, that had not come out yet, I was asleep
                          I see that Netanyahu has sorta brushed it off, but I can't imagine the Israeli parliament being too happy about it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Here's a question GF. Do you think if hillary won, we would have seen ANY of these allegations? Any calls from fellow Dems to investigate HER selling uranium, or her pay to play while Sec of State?? OR from any of the leftist media?
                            I'm not GF, nor do I play one on message boards, but aren't we better then Democrats? We had many years of the prior administration not taking action against Clinton for her misdeeds; to be honest, I don't expect Democrats to behave themselves, nor would I expect them to investigate wrongdoings by Dems.

On the other hand, I expect the people I vote for to represent me to hold themselves to a higher standard than the Dems do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
                              Trump: Mine were bigger!
                              Erdogan: NOOOO, mine!
                              #45 couldn't even get Erdogan's name right. They'd be battling about that first.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              Does anyone seriously believe Trump can carry on like this for another three and a half years?
                              He's on a path of self-destruction, so no.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              On the other hand, I expect the people I vote for to represent me to hold themselves to a higher standard than the Dems do.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OK suppose Repubs and Congress do decide to show Trump the door.

Unlikely to happen but.

If they do that can he remain stubborn to the last moment and hurt the party in a manner that is non repairable?
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X