This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Several times dems have argued against paper ballots, and in the way they have done so, it seems they are doing it by saing "its harmful to blacks as they are too dumb to know better'.. Such as their recent push in one state for 'down the line ballots', vice 'vote for each line item..
    Now, think about that. They're trying to sell this on the basis that paper ballots are too complex for some voters to use. But aren't electronic systems even harder to use because they're more complex? Sorry, not buying that excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Wizard's First Rule
      Did you steal that from the Sword of Truth?

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      Maybe you didn't look far enough, or the ones I found aren't MSM enough for this topic. It's taken me hours to track the following articles back down.
      Articles about Sweden are not considered main stream if that helps. They are more or less considered local news.

I don't remember how I originally came across these articles, but here they are ---- includes about donating or renting "holiday" / 2nd homes to refugees / asylum seekers.
      You and I read those articles quite differently it seems.

I see people being asked to give up their holiday homes or 2nd houses if available, to house refugee families.
      The Swedish government has that right to do so. It's written down in a law which has been in effect for quite a while so nothing new. I'm fairly certain the Swedish people are aware of its existence.

Nowhere does it say, forced to give up their homes.

hmmm. Riots.. sounds like vandalism and miscreant behaviors on the loose. And who's at fault there?
      What the article doesn't say is that these refugees are comprised of different people from different regions, with different believes and values, different languages.

Fights have broken out over here too and the reasons were such that people didn't understand each other or they happened to be from a clan who hated each other since long.

Refugees aren't a cohesive group.

There were other articles that showed the refugees basically proverbially biting the hand that feeds them, too, as noted in these next few articles (in spoiler quotes for space)
      Are you familiar with The Jungle in Calais (France)?

French authorities build a camp out of container houses -- cost them a lot of money.
      The refugees hoping to find a way across the channel are living in tents near the tunnels. They refused to move out of their tents and into the containers because the complex looked like a prison.

This may seem like a completely ridiculous reason to refuse to go live in a place where there is running water, a bed, warmth, a dry place.
      So, we accuse them of bieng ungrateful for turning down our efforts to give them a better way of living. They're not interested because they believ it will stop them from trying to make it across to the promised land. Nothing is more important to them than getting to the UK.

Notwithstanding that the French police and authorities have been cleaning up the Jungle, without much success I might add. And they are getting worse, trying more dangerous stunts to climb aboard trucks which go onto the trains towards England.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Interesting that Ireland is on Apple's side with this huge fine from the EU to the value of $38 billion.
      Probably because Ireland is bouncing back from an economic crisis, and Apple brings a lot of jobs and economic value to the country. They obviously don't want to loose that.

It's weird, people complaining about companies evading taxes but they are not above waving the issue away when it suits their needs.

I would be PISSED if the government just swooped in and effectively stole my property like that.
      Much like SGAlisa, you too seem to ignore the part where the Swedish government has a right -- a legal right -- to ask home owners to lent their holiday homes or 2nd homes to house refugees.

I've often remarked after reading similar stories (like the UK immigrant facility that got burned down BY the immigrants who then demanded to be housed elsewhere cause living conditions were ****), that the powers that be should tell those immigrants "TOUGH ****, you burned it down, now live with your acts"
      And what if living conditions weren't up to standard?
      Or do you blindly believe what the media tells you?

I imagine they are basic living conditions - warm and cold running water, blankets, a bed, three meals a day (halal or otherwise), private rooms.
      Most refugees would be happy with those conditions - sadly not all of them. Because some of them see these lands as the lands of milk and honey -- until they hit reality.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Probably because Ireland is bouncing back from an economic crisis, and Apple brings a lot of jobs and economic value to the country. They obviously don't want to loose that.

It's weird, people complaining about companies evading taxes but they are not above waving the issue away when it suits their needs.

I'm not waving it away. But OK did Ireland get any tax out of Apple prior to this becoming a headline?

Sure they create jobs but taxes help build the economy don't they?

If no one pays tax who pays wages?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'm not waving it away. But OK did Ireland get any tax out of Apple prior to this becoming a headline?

Sure they create jobs but taxes help build the economy don't they?

If no one pays tax who pays wages?
          Taxes are a drag on the economy, they do not build it. A government does not produce any marketable product, so they can't "build" the economy. It can affect the economy, play favorites, giving one company or type of company advantages, but by itself, government produces nothing.

Wages are paid by the employer.

Comment

Did you steal that from the Sword of Truth?

Articles about Sweden are not considered main stream if that helps. They are more or less considered local news.

You and I read those articles quite differently it seems.

I see people being asked to give up their holiday homes or 2nd houses if available, to house refugee families.
            The Swedish government has that right to do so. It's written down in a law which has been in effect for quite a while so nothing new. I'm fairly certain the Swedish people are aware of its existence.

Nowhere does it say, forced to give up their homes.

What the article doesn't say is that these refugees are comprised of different people from different regions, with different believes and values, different languages.

Fights have broken out over here too and the reasons were such that people didn't understand each other or they happened to be from a clan who hated each other since long.

Refugees aren't a cohesive group.

Are you familiar with The Jungle in Calais (France)?

French authorities build a camp out of container houses -- cost them a lot of money.
            The refugees hoping to find a way across the channel are living in tents near the tunnels. They refused to move out of their tents and into the containers because the complex looked like a prison.

This may seem like a completely ridiculous reason to refuse to go live in a place where there is running water, a bed, warmth, a dry place.
            So, we accuse them of bieng ungrateful for turning down our efforts to give them a better way of living. They're not interested because they believ it will stop them from trying to make it across to the promised land. Nothing is more important to them than getting to the UK.

Notwithstanding that the French police and authorities have been cleaning up the Jungle, without much success I might add. And they are getting worse, trying more dangerous stunts to climb aboard trucks which go onto the trains towards England.

Much like SGAlisa, you too seem to ignore the part where the Swedish government has a right -- a legal right -- to ask home owners to lent their holiday homes or 2nd homes to house refugees.

I imagine they are basic living conditions - warm and cold running water, blankets, a bed, three meals a day (halal or otherwise), private rooms.
            Most refugees would be happy with those conditions - sadly not all of them. Because some of them see these lands as the lands of milk and honey -- until they hit reality.
            I thought that was obvious
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I got it backwards on Ireland, Coco. It looks like Ireland allowed Apple to not pay their taxes. As TheKillman said in the other thread, there probably was some backroom exchanging of money going on.

The European Commision just handed it to Ireland and Apple got stuck in their along with the Irish. The unfortunate third party...

Comment

So who is Apple paying? The EU or Ireland? We can take the money if they're not sure
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

But then if we did that we'd be oppressing them. Can't have that in this SJW run world.
                  I have heard that used when we house people in tent cities (whether prisoners or refugees)< however those same people have NO problem with john and jane doe and their family going out in a tent on their own, or military also doing it when on deployment/exercises..

And imo that is the key thing.. give them up.. With little to no compensation or guarantees of getting it back let alone what condition it would be in IF they do.

They're not interested because they believ it will stop them from trying to make it across to the promised land. Nothing is more important to them than getting to the UK.
                  And to many that is part of the problem. IF they were truly refugees, they would be willing to settle in ANY Safe spot. NOT desiring to move through country after country to make it to the one that has the best handouts..
                  PLUS there is no 'human right' to go live in what ever country you damn well desire..

Exactly. They get it in their heads that its the promised land, then reality hits them, then they get pissed and destroy it while DEMANDING better.
                  Sorry but someone destroying something GIVEN to them imo doesn't deserve being placed in BETTER accommodation, in fact imo they deserve being kicked out or sent to prison for WILLFULLY Destroying government/private property and arson.

Comment

One thing I don't understand is how people harp on "Muslims" for not hating terrorists enough. But then when Muslims run away from terrorists those same people start hating on them. Fine, then Muslims start fighting terrorists and those same people refuse to arm them, help them, or even acknowledge that they are actively waging war against those terrorists and continue to demand that Muslims "denounce" terrorism...My conclusion is that no matter what they do, certain individuals will always find a way to demonize them until they are nothing more than vermin that need to be exterminated.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Taxes are a drag on the economy, they do not build it. A government does not produce any marketable product, so they can't "build" the economy. It can affect the economy, play favorites, giving one company or type of company advantages, but by itself, government produces nothing.

Wages are paid by the employer.
                      Spot on.....people have forgotten that government by its very nature is a strictly regulatory entity...it is the private sector that produces and innovates

Comment

And imo that is the key thing.. give them up.. With little to no compensation or guarantees of getting it back let alone what condition it would be in IF they do.
                        I know of a group of refugees which were housed in a holiday park, near where I grew up.

It might surprise you but they didn't break anything. They left all the houses behind, the same way as they were before they were housed there. The children among them were given the opportunity to, for a while at least, feel like children and play all sorts of games. They were given medical aid when needed, help to fill out papers, food was distributed. There were meetings with the locals, Dutch lessons, and a French Fries tasting.

You don't need to generalize because you know that not all refugees are like the ones in the Jungle breaking things, or burning down places (which has been done by locals not wanting refugees in their towns too but who's even talking about that, right).

I hope for all that this frakkin' planet is worth, that you never ever have to experience the life of a refugee.

Comment

I hope for all that this frakkin' planet is worth, that you never ever have to experience the life of a refugee.
                          Might have to, If Hillary wins.

Comment

Glad i ain't living there then. I would be PISSED if the government just swooped in and effectively stole my property like that.
                            what about Eminent Domain?

I feel the same when it comes to prisoners who riot and burn their prisons down
                            OR BETTER YET......... Get the prisoners to rebuild the prison themselves.
                            or even better yet - next time you build a prison, use stone instead of wood :|

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Might have to, If Hillary wins.
                              I know you're being funny but...

Please read the definition of a refugee. Unless your life's going to be in danger, or there's a chance of persecution, running away from the US when Hillary wins is not considered running for your life. That's simply choosing to not live in the US. Doubtful too you'll be granted asylum anywhere. I think your best chances would be Russia, North-Korea and/or possibly China.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                what about Eminent Domain?
                                ED at least pays you just compensation based on fair market value.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                or even better yet - next time you build a prison, use stone instead of wood :|
                                They are.. BUT stone still can burn.

In other news.. Who heard of the bus crash in Louisiana over the weekend. An ILLEGAL immigrant driving a bus load of OTHER illegals, supposedly on the way to volunteer to help flood victims in Baton Rouge.. NO license, hand has been PRIOR cited for driving with no license back in early August..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/29...-cops-say.html

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/ille...rash/311482385

The worst part.. The company which supposedly hired him to DO said driving duties is OWNED by a St Tammany parrish Constable AND an Arkansas politician!??!?!?!?!

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/o...ana-bus-crash/

Comment

Working...
                                X