This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    We do live in interesting times indeed......

ON the radio just now they said Russia was hitting Assaad's enemies and avoiding ISIS... Wouldn't that make things a whole lot messy?
    Certainly seems so to me..
    ALl it looks like he is doing, is putting down those fighting Assad. Not taking out ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      ALl it looks like he is doing, is putting down those fighting Assad. Not taking out ISIS.

And has the USA had anything to say on this?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Of course he is. The Russians are bombing Homs. There are no ISIS forces near Homs.

There are rumors that a Chinese aircraft carrier has docked in the Syrian port of Tartus, bringing along Chinese military "advisors" to support the Russian war effort. It's not been reported by any major news source and I seriously doubt the truth of it, because to the best of my knowledge China only has one aircraft carrier that is not quite operational yet.

However, if I am right about where things are heading, China will inevitably get involved in both Syria and Iraq. China as world power is extremely dependent on global stability. It wants the price of oil to stay low, it wants to eliminate disruption on their export routes to Europe and their resource import routes from Africa. It wants global economy out of recession so that they could sell more Chinese-manufactured stuff - so long as China remains a manufacturing economy essentially servicing other economies, anyway. So the Chinese army will inevitably get involved in pacifying the Middle East in the coming years.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          So, are we about to head into WWIII and no one has noticed?
          Speak for yourself. I've been saying it - we're in the middle of WW III already, not "about to head into". It's ongoing, it just boils at lower temperature than past wars. There are dozens of countries involved in the fighting in Iraq and Syria on some level at least.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

And has the USA had anything to say on this?
            I wouldn't expect much from the current administration.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Washington was prepared to welcome Russian military action in Syria as long as it is directed against ISIS and other Al Qaeda affiliates, but would have "grave concerns" if it conducted strikes against other groups.
            Perhaps the LSoS might have his golf game interrupted, but I wouldn't expect him to do anything.

Comment

Now, if what I read is correct, the air strikes have moved into boots on the ground mode, too. This situation is morphing faster than I can read about it!
              Perhaps check your resources: no boots on the ground.

And USA Senator McCain wants to join forces with Russia to defeat the I.S.?? Seriously?
              Mmm... highly unlikely since Russia wants to keep Assad in power, and the US does not.

Let *Mother Russia* take care of the I.S. and all affiliates.
              Russia's only interest seems to be keeping Assad in power, and bombing the rebels is not bombing IS.

So, are we about to head into WWIII and no one has noticed?
              I don't often agree with Womble, but he makes a good point on that notion below...

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Speak for yourself. I've been saying it - we're in the middle of WW III already, not "about to head into". It's ongoing, it just boils at lower temperature than past wars. There are dozens of countries involved in the fighting in Iraq and Syria on some level at least.
              On the radio just now they said Russia was hitting Assaad's enemies and avoiding ISIS... Wouldn't that make things a whole lot messy?
              Russia wants to keep Assad in power, so I'm not reallt surprised about. However, yes, it sure will make things a whole lot messier, especially since the rebels are being aided by the coalition among which is the US.

Indeed.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And what will the govt. do if any allied planes are shot down by Russian forces, either by accident or cowboy antics?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And what will the govt. do if any allied planes are shot down by Russian forces, either by accident or cowboy antics?
                  Obama? Probably tee up another round of golf.

Comment

As i hear it, they have asked all non Syrian planes to leave as now all none Syrian planes will show up as IFF negative and will be taken out.
                    They (the Rusians) are bombing ISIS, they are attacking their oil caravans and gunrunning supplies, then mass bombardment of their positions.
                    The Russians have created a coalition centre in Bagdad, with Iran, Iraq, Syria and Egypt. So far, its only airforce mass bombardment, but if Assad asks then Russia will send in the army. They are also sending in their Black Sea navy, the rocket cruiser 'Moscow' Flagship of BSN should be in Tartus now
                    sigpic

Comment

Then we're in trouble - or more in trouble then we already are.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      They (the Rusians) are bombing ISIS...
                      Really? Reports say otherwise...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

no s***
                        it's the ruskies remember

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          no s***
                          it's the ruskies remember
                          Holy phrasology, Batman! You can say something that makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Really? Reports say otherwise...
                            Thats the reports i am getting from my Russian friend in Russia, from their news reports. I am quoting him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Holy phrasology, Batman! You can say something that makes sense!
                              and by concurring with what I say, so can you!

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                Thats the reports i am getting from my Russian friend in Russia, from their news reports. I am quoting him.
                                If you have Russian friends you are working for the enemy.

*chains pookey to wall*

Ve have vays to make you talk
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X