This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    haven't they always? (it's their raison d'être)
    No, they haven't. The Republican party has always been painted with the pro business brush due to their desire for minimal government involvement. But they've gone way beyond that stance, using the power of govt. to business's benefit, to the detriment of the people they want to represent.
    Trade agreements, soft stances on illegal immigration are the two biggest issues, but there are many other.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      No, they haven't. The Republican party has always been painted with the pro business brush due to their desire for minimal government involvement. But they've gone way beyond that stance, using the power of govt. to business's benefit, to the detriment of the people they want to represent.
      Trade agreements, soft stances on illegal immigration are the two biggest issues, but there are many other.
      Minimal involvement, except in people's private lives.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
        Minimal involvement, except in people's private lives.
        You may have noticed I don't pay a lot of attention to that aspect; my primary concerns are economic, as this country's economy is in apparently never ending sewer. (except for the wealthy, that is)

Comment

So you're only paying attention to one tiny part of a much bigger picture?

Comment

Everything looks rosy when you look away from everything that doesn't, don't you think?

Comment

Ummm... You folks think I think the economy is rosy? I'm looking at the economy and roses are the last thing that comes to mind.

Comment

I'd never advise leaving social issues on the back burner. They have a tendency to not only spoil the game, but to smash the board.

Comment

But if the economy is shiznit, you can't afford to play at all. =)

Comment

And if your government is conspiring against its own citizens, is there really any point?

Comment

And if your government is conspiring against its own citizens, is there really any point?
                      No. If you recall what I posted yesterday.

Comment

Maybe if you didn't spend so much money on your persecution "justice" system, your economy wouldn't be in trouble. If it even is as bad as you seem to want it to be.

That's not even mentioning the Military-Industrial-Congressional complex.

Comment

Maybe if you didn't spend so much money on your persecution "justice" system, your economy wouldn't be in trouble. If it even is as bad as you seem to want it to be.

That's not even mentioning the Military-Industrial-Congressional complex.
                          If it even is as bad as you seem to want it to be ?
                          I don't want it to be bad. But look at our so-called recovery, almost no job creation, wages are stagnant.... The only people benefiting from this recovery are the wealthy, whom the Republican party can't do enough for.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            If it even is as bad as you seem to want it to be ?
                            War on Drugs. Enough said.

Comment

War on Drugs. Enough said.
                              Social issue. Back burner for me.

Comment

Massive amounts of money being spent so that the US can claim to be the leader of the free world while being absolutely sure that everyone is laughing at them. How is that not an economic issue?

Money can't buy happiness, but I guess it can buy that kind of certainty.

Comment

Working...
                                X