Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather like Trump's position on illegal immigration. It puts the interests of the US working people first, rather than the interests of other countries and multinational corporations as our current policy does. And he does touch upon the trade agreements we've signed, too.
    Last edited by Annoyed; 19 August 2015, 05:19 AM. Reason: correction: countries instead of companies

Comment

... His plans make him sound like a cartoon supervillain

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I rather like Trump's position on illegal immigration. It puts the interests of the US working people first, rather than the interests of other countries and multinational corporations as our current policy does. And he does touch upon the trade agreements we've signed, too.
        There's a big honkin' wall between putting people's interests first, and pandering to their unfounded prejudices.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          ... His plans make him sound like a cartoon supervillain
          Considering how badly the U.S. is screwed up these days, we might need a supervillain to fix the damn thing.

Comment

Supervillains aren't really known for fixing things..

You realise his immigration plans alone would bankrupt the US, right?

And that's before the legal issues of building a wall thousands of miles long through privately owned properties...

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
              There's a big honkin' wall between putting people's interests first, and pandering to their unfounded prejudices.
              This is far more than unfounded prejudices. The US labor market has sucked for years, and a large part of the problem is our trade deals outsourcing our jobs, and illegals coming in to apply downward pressure to wages and often outright take jobs they can't outsource.

This is not prejudice, bias or anything else of the sort. It's pure economics. Our labor market has been destroyed, and it's long past time we fixed it.

Comment

I posted an article some weeks ago about how Chinese textile companies are dropping down in the US because labour costs are so much lower than they are in China. So, I wouldn't worry about that jobmarket too much, if I was you.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I posted an article some weeks ago about how Chinese textile companies are dropping down in the US because labour costs are so much lower than they are in China. So, I wouldn't worry about that jobmarket too much, if I was you.
                  Look at some of the job creation (very low) and other employment statistics; wage rates, (stagnant).
                  This so called recovery is no such thing for the working people in this country, and a big reason for that is trade and immigration policy.

Comment

Nothing a little ethnic cleansing can't fix

It's a good thing Trump is alienating the majority of the voters with the hardline/insane policies.. otherwise he might have a chance of winning

Comment

What part of "Illegal" in illegal immigration is so hard to understand?
                      Never mind the effect it has on the economy, just the fact that they broke our laws sneaking into the country ought to be sufficient grounds for deportation.

Comment

But most of your complaints have been about Hispanics in general. You oppose anyone who speaks Spanish. Most of the time you leave off the "illegal" part so are just complaining about immigration in general.

If you want to deport all illegal immigrants, including those whose visas have expired, why are you only complaining about those from Mexico? Why not the Canadians? Or anyone from the rest of the world who has overstayed their welcome?

Why are you and Trump so obsessed with only keeping the Mexicans out?

Comment

But most of your complaints have been about Hispanics in general. You oppose anyone who speaks Spanish. Most of the time you leave off the "illegal" part so are just complaining about immigration in general.

If you want to deport all illegal immigrants, including those whose visas have expired, why are you only complaining about those from Mexico? Why not the Canadians? Or anyone from the rest of the world who has overstayed their welcome?

Why are you and Trump so obsessed with only keeping the Mexicans out?
                          Its a generalization because Mexicans are the majority
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

But.. the wall plan.. That won't keep the Canadians out

Comment

But.. the wall plan.. That won't keep the Canadians out
                              The Canadians aren't coming across our borders in droves illegally.

Comment

Maybe they are and you don't know it, eh

Comment

Working...
                                X