This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    50% or more i can agree to.. Though i would like it to be more like 60-70%.. BUT that's me.
    Why?
    Why? CEOs and such have to provide their OWN security. Why should a politician have his provided for free? IMO only the POTUS and his DIRECT family (Wife, Son/Daughter, NOT mother-brother-sister-cousins etc) should get provided security.. All else should pay up like us Peons do.
    All us peons don't have people with an interest in killing us because of our position, or our connections to a position. As for CEO's, umm, they, for all intent's and purposes OWN the company. At worst they are dictators living in an echo chamber. Would you like to see your country run like that?
    Let me guess, you already think it is................
    That damn tyrant Obama!!

But why does he even NEED a salary? He gets all his food/clothing paid for, his staff, his trips etc.. What exactly is he needing a paycheck for?
    It that a serious question?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

But why does he even NEED a salary? He gets all his food/clothing paid for, his staff, his trips etc.. What exactly is he needing a paycheck for?

What so they should work for free?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        What so they should work for free?
        what work? all he does is gallivant around to luxurious places like Hawaii and play golf...instead of actually fixing the mess he claims to have "inherited" and instead doubling down on the "inherited" mess

Comment

Belgium has a king, with no actual power but he's the ruler nonetheless and even he's paid for his efforts.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Belgium has a king, with no actual power but he's the ruler nonetheless and even he's paid for his efforts.
            His efforts may be worth paying him for.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              All he does, is go to official openings and important events that require his attention.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                what work? all he does is gallivant around to luxurious places like Hawaii and play golf...instead of actually fixing the mess he claims to have "inherited" and instead doubling down on the "inherited" mess
                Pro's:
                Domestically
                Ended he recession
                Started job growth (and economic growth) though it has been sluggish and this minimum wage deal isn't going to help, but that's not his fault given that it is local governments raising the wage.
                To at least 8000000 Americans, he has expanded healthcare coverage
                And conservatives should be grateful that he has deported the most illegal immigrants than any other president in the history of the western hemisphere (and possibly Europe too).

Foreign
                He killed Osama
                Stopped the hate from the civilized world.

Con's
                Domestically, he has deported the largest amount of illegal immigrants in the history of the western hemisphere (and possibly Europe too).
                He poorly executed Obamacare exhanges
                He has increased the deficit spending

He hasn't fulfilled many of his campaign promises

Foreign
                He has isolated and alienated America's strongest European ally
                Has given the US the appearance of softness (to the point where Americans are publicly executed)
                Ignored the politics of Latin America and Africa.
                And hasn't really done anything tangible in stopping Putin's reenactment of the Cold War.

Yeah, he's done some things badly, and those lists are incomplete. But to say he hasn't done anything is at best willfully ignorant or at worst dishonest.
                So your, Annoyed et al, beef with presidential salaries isn't the concept of the thing, but that it's Obama who is being paid. That seems...petty at best.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  Pro's:
                  Domestically
                  Ended he recession
                  Started job growth (and economic growth) though it has been sluggish and this minimum wage deal isn't going to help, but that's not his fault given that it is local governments raising the wage.
                  To at least 8000000 Americans, he has expanded healthcare coverage
                  And conservatives should be grateful that he has deported the most illegal immigrants than any other president in the history of the western hemisphere (and possibly Europe too).

Foreign
                  He killed Osama
                  Stopped the hate from the civilized world.

Con's
                  Domestically, he has deported the largest amount of illegal immigrants in the history of the western hemisphere (and possibly Europe too).
                  He poorly executed Obamacare exhanges
                  He has increased the deficit spending

He hasn't fulfilled many of his campaign promises

Foreign
                  He has isolated and alienated America's strongest European ally
                  Has given the US the appearance of softness (to the point where Americans are publicly executed)
                  Ignored the politics of Latin America and Africa.
                  And hasn't really done anything tangible in stopping Putin's reenactment of the Cold War.

Yeah, he's done some things badly, and those lists are incomplete. But to say he hasn't done anything is at best willfully ignorant or at worst dishonest.

So your, Annoyed et al, beef with presidential salaries isn't the concept of the thing, but that it's Obama who is being paid. That seems...petty at best.

which european ally is this, and how has he isolated and alienated them?

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                    which european ally is this, and how has he isolated and alienated them?
                    At a guess, I would say it would be Germany.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      At a guess, I would say it would be Germany.

But the US doesn't need them anyway do they? /sarcasm
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Why?
                        Cause if you are going on a working trip somewher, you should spent more than half of the time WORKING...
                        Just me.

All us peons don't have people with an interest in killing us because of our position, or our connections to a position. As for CEO's, umm, they, for all intent's and purposes OWN the company. At worst they are dictators living in an echo chamber. Would you like to see your country run like that?
                        Let me guess, you already think it is................
                        That damn tyrant Obama!!
                        Try telling that to all those who have been shot over the past 2 years by crazies..

It that a serious question?
                        Yes. The older presidents (back when it was Lincoln etc) served as they felt it was a DUTY, not a "Job"..

Comment

Cause if you are going on a working trip somewher, you should spent more than half of the time WORKING...
                          Just me.
                          No, not just you, we actually agree here.

Try telling that to all those who have been shot over the past 2 years by crazies..
                          Please, don't get me started on frigging guns in your country. You (collectively) want them, you think the 2nd amendment is some kind of frigging gospel cause without it your government will march you off to death camps or some other such bulldust, cause because you don't have a gun, you can't protect yourself. (and you think a GUN will save you from the government )
                          You -breed- the crazies, not only that, you have a person in your "top 10 for GOP candidates" who makes youtube vids about cooking bacon on the breech of a automatic rifle!! Are you actually -surprised- you have crazies with guns when you have that kind of crap happening?

Yes. The older presidents (back when it was Lincoln etc) served as they felt it was a DUTY, not a "Job"..
                          They Also lived by their principles, rather than sucking up to money (sorry, legally recognized political speech)
                          This has not been the case for decades, on both sides of the aisle.
                          sigpic

Comment

They Also lived by their principles, rather than sucking up to money (sorry, legally recognized political speech)
                            This has not been the case for decades, on both sides of the aisle.
                            On this, we agree.

Comment

On this, we agree.
                              Hey, I am no raving "Lefty libuural" who thinks they are all sunshine and roses, the only difference in my mind between the extreme left and the extreme right is that the right would rule with an iron fist, and the left would put the velvet glove on first, or at least some lube.
                              Either way, it sucks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey, I am no raving "Lefty libuural" who thinks they are all sunshine and roses, the only difference in my mind between the extreme left and the extreme right is that the right would rule with an iron fist, and the left would put the velvet glove on first, or at least some lube.
                                Either way, it sucks.
                                I may not fit your idea of an "extreme right" then either. Ideally, in my view, the best government is that which governs least. That is a good general idea to start with.

Comment

Working...
                                X