This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    u mean other than the fact that this kid would still be alive?
    easier said
    free insurance: that's welfare, which you can't since that'd go against your principles
    lo-cost insurance: wouldn't cover an expensive operation such as the one that kid needed (might cover the obituaries though)
    no one here's advocating human experimentation :|
    actually you don't know that for certain...government bureaucrats are notoriously awful at running things like health care....whenever they try shortages and inevitably rationing tends to result

not really against my beliefs....I'm all for giving the needy a leg-up.....but as I said that's ALL I want to give them is a leg up in the extremely basic necessities department (food, clothing, basic (meaning non-elective) medical and dental care, housing) while they look for work....would even be open to helping them take classes in certain job skills offered by the local school district (Ken-Ton school district offers many classes in various job skills at a reasonable cost) not a fully-funded livelihood from cradle-to-grave....policies wherein the government takes care of you from cradle to grave would be the 100% pure collectivism people like me so despise

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      How do you explain NASA? They're a state institution, not a private company, and are responsible for some of the most incredible feats and standards of excellence ever attained in human history.
      which as I hear has now been all but shutdown by the current administration....

and I would say that NASA's job is more funding and administration than vehicle building and education of astronauts.....many astronauts for example probably had an extensive PRIVATE school education prior to their careers as astronauts...but NASA wasn't apparently doing its job too well was it if it's been all but mothballed?

Comment

All but mothballed?
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

*shrug*....I know there were problems with some space program and we had to outsource to the Russians to save it or some such thing like that

Comment

So, what do you Americans think of this:
            http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...ic-medals.html
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              and I would say that NASA's job is more funding and administration than vehicle building and education of astronauts.....many astronauts for example probably had an extensive PRIVATE school education prior to their careers as astronauts...but NASA wasn't apparently doing its job too well was it if it's been all but mothballed?
              So you'd completely ignore their work as scientists then? They also do train astronauts and develop technology too, by he way. Even if they didn't however, I'm not sure what difference that would make. The medicine in a socialized healthcare system comes largely from the private sector too. The point of contention was your assertion that the government can't run anything anywhere but into the ground, which clearly isn't true here, and isn't true of universal healthcare either.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                So you'd completely ignore their work as scientists then? They also do train astronauts and develop technology too, by he way. Even if they didn't however, I'm not sure what difference that would make. The medicine in a socialized healthcare system comes largely from the private sector too. The point of contention was your assertion that the government can't run anything anywhere but into the ground, which clearly isn't true here, and isn't true of universal healthcare either.
                then explain to me why in nationalized health care countries you got waiting lines miles long?

comparing apples to oranges anyway....space exploration is one thing....but having government bureaucrats running my healthcare is entirely another

Comment

then explain to me why in nationalized health care countries you got waiting lines miles long?
                  That's funny, that twenty minutes I had to wait in the emergency room to see a doctor on a rammed Friday evening three weeks ago didn't seem like all that long of a time. Until you've actually experienced a nationalised health service, please don't go on about how bad it is.
                  My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

all I know is if the government's payin'...the government is eventually gonna start telling medical personnel who to treat and who not to treat....that's called rationing....and it tends to happen eventually

Comment

all I know is if the government's payin'...the government is eventually gonna start telling medical personnel who to treat and who not to treat....that's called rationing....and it tends to happen eventually
                      Does that not happen in the US now with the system you use now?
                      sigpic

Comment

[citation needed]

Comment

We don't. It's a Fox News fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Does that not happen in the US now with the system you use now?
                            Right now its more of a case of "No Insurance & No Money? No Prob. We will just hit you with a really REALLY big bill and then take all your stuff away when you can't pay it." .....YAY!
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              Right now its more of a case of "No Insurance & No Money? No Prob. We will just hit you with a really REALLY big bill and then take all your stuff away when you can't pay it." .....YAY!
                              Way to increase national debt and mistrust in the system
                              sigpic

Comment

We cant because thats not true...There is no rationing either.

Where are you getting all this from?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X