This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
    I wouldn't say this has anything to do with a liberal slanted media agenda. It's closer to the Nancy Grace syndrome. A cause is found, and the supporters pile on and ride it into the ground.
    whatever the cause may be it is evident that people have forgotten the core precept of our justice system....those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...and far too often these days I'm seeing a repetition of the lies that once made collectivism so successful in establishing a beachhead in the 20th century

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      But why then did you say that it wasn't clear cut? I think it's quite clear cut that idiot celebrities shouldn't put innocent people in danger. And if you were referring to the Martin case what does that have to do with Lee distributing the address of uninvolved people?

And just because Zimmerman's former address is available on the net, doesn’t give Lee the right to be the pointman for a mob, even if there was clear evidence that Zimmerman was guilty or that he lived at this adress, again Lee does not have the right to be complicit in a lynch mob.

rather amusingly though this seems to be only after the McClain’s hired a lawyer. I think they still have a pretty good civil claim against Lee.

This is the real world, not CSI, fact is many cases there isn’t enough evidence to charge people, even if they seem very guilty. We may never know the full facts of the case. That grainy video is hardly conclusive, I've seen some people claim you can see an injury to the back of Zimmerman's head, others saying that there's nothing at all. There's the fact that they may have cleaned Zimmerman up and treated his injuries before taking him to the police station. Its all over the place. The case certainly needs to be gone over again, the facts are all over the place, but as I said a clear picture may never emerge.
      I guess you're not understanding me. Trayvon's murder is not clear cut due to the constantly changing events of the evening. I never intended it to be interpreted as the McClain's issue isn't clear cut.

I never said it was CSI...but the stories keep changing. The police dismissed witnesses and an investigation way too quickly.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        the way the media is treating Zimmerman is appalling too.....in this country one is innocent until proven guilty....something the liberal-biased media seems to have forgotten.....in their eyes he is already guilty and thus the media with this "guilty till proven innocent" mentality grinds the wheels of true justice to a halt
        You mean like a page ago where you wanted to shoot a *suspect* in the nuts??
        Why even wait to give the leftie media a chance eh??
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          This.
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

I should've clarified that with "if he was found guilty".........world would probably be better off if we sterilized and/or rendered impotent anyone convicted of any sort of sexual crime......

Comment

I should've clarified that with "if he was found guilty".........
              But you didn't, you just went in all "right wing extremist" and shot him dead pre-trial, and a smiley face doesn't render that reaction any different dude.

world would probably be better off if we sterilized and/or rendered impotent anyone convicted of any sort of sexual crime......
              Can't honestly say I disagree with you there.
              sigpic

Comment

Can't honestly say I disagree with you there.
                Given the things people can be put on the register for, i would.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Given the things people can be put on the register for, i would.
                  I'm not talking about the sexual offenders registry Ukko, I am talking about people who have been found guilty of rape. My bad for not clarifying that.
                  sigpic

Comment

I should've clarified that with "if he was found guilty".....
                    what of DSK then?

Comment

I'm not talking about the sexual offenders registry Ukko, I am talking about people who have been found guilty of rape. My bad for not clarifying that.
                      So a male should never be allowed to have active consensual sex and rendered impotent even if they've raped someone? They lose the right to bodily integrity under the concept of "security of person"? Should we force prisoners to become our main donations for blood banks too? After all, if bodily integrity has no meaning, then why not? They can become forced bone marrow donors, forced labourers, etc. Heck, they can become our prostitutes, our servants, our slaves. They became sub-human when they committed those crimes, so it doesn't matter. Do prisoners lose all right to do as they wish to their own bodies because they've committed a crime? The concepts of genital mutilation/chemical castration because of rape are equivalent to cutting off someone's hands because they commit theft. Barbaric countries did/do that. People that commit rape should be imprisoned. People that are likely to re-offend heinous acts as judged by various qualified officials should have their sentences elongated. But lex talionis is something that one would hope people have left behind as people have grown more civilized.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                        So a male should never be allowed to have active consensual sex and rendered impotent even if they've raped someone? They lose the right to bodily integrity under the concept of "security of person"? Should we force prisoners to become our main donations for blood banks too? After all, if bodily integrity has no meaning, then why not? They can become forced bone marrow donors, forced labourers, etc. Heck, they can become our prostitutes, our servants, our slaves. They became sub-human when they committed those crimes, so it doesn't matter. Do prisoners lose all right to do as they wish to their own bodies because they've committed a crime? The concepts of genital mutilation/chemical castration because of rape are equivalent to cutting off someone's hands because they commit theft. Barbaric countries did/do that. People that commit rape should be imprisoned. People that are likely to re-offend heinous acts as judged by various qualified officials should have their sentences elongated. But lex talionis is something that one would hope people have left behind as people have grown more civilized.
                        Sigh.
                        I said I agreed with the thought LoS, not putting it into practice.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sigh.
                          I said I agreed with the thought LoS, not putting it into practice.
                          It's the principle of the matter.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                            It's the principle of the matter.
                            Then I would ask you to consider if you ever had children of your own either biologically or adopted, and you thought of that child being raped, what would YOU want to see happen to the person in question if they were proven guilty.
                            Principles don't mean jack until they are tested, and it's utterly *amazing* how quickly our opinions can change when it is us personally being affected, and not just "theorising" about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Then I would ask you to consider if you ever had children of your own either biologically or adopted, and you thought of that child being raped, what would YOU want to see happen to the person in question if they were proven guilty.
                              Principles don't mean jack until they are tested, and it's utterly *amazing* how quickly our opinions can change when it is us personally being affected, and not just "theorising" about it.
                              If we let people subside to their animalistic urges, we wouldn't have a justice system. I might like to see the person who raped my kid have his balls shot off, yes, but that doesn't mean that it should happen.
                              My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                                If we let people subside to their animalistic urges, we wouldn't have a justice system. I might like to see the person who raped my kid have his balls shot off, yes, but that doesn't mean that it should happen.
                                And AGAIN
                                I am talking about what we would WANT to do to such people, NOT what we think should happen to them.
                                I agree with LoS insofar as they (any criminal) should face due process and imprisonment if found guilty and not castration (chemical or otherwise), or be shot/gassed/made to "ride the lightning"/whatever.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X