X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You can have that.
    Oh, he does, in spades. No shortage there.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      If i am bi-polar, klepto, or schitso, why should i be treated.. Why cant i live as how i feel??
      Why don't you try it and then tell us all how you got on?

And try to use the proper terms for the conditions. Unless, of course, your aim is to offend as many people as possible.

Comment

We can back to the original DMS where homosexuality was considered a mental disorder
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Slaves wanting to run away from their white masters were considered to be mentally ill too. Should we go back to those days?

It was called Drapetomania if you want to look it up.

Comment

I'm okay. I have plenty of oven chains
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

And Hillary's email scandal continues to weigh around her neck.

Hillary Clinton’s email problems just got much worse

One of the two big dominoes in the Hillary Clinton email controversy toppled today: The State Department’s inspector general released its report on the email practices of Clinton and a number of other past secretaries of state. (The other major domino is, of course, the FBI investigation into Clinton’s decision to exclusively use a private email server while serving as the nation’s top diplomat.)

Comment

What that fails to mention is that while her use of the server broke some conventions, it was in no way a criminal offence.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  I find that very doubtful that you would risk billions on a try Vs 10 million and a win.
                  Well, if it takes 10 bil to make a newer formula, that winds up being better than his, sure, i would say that wouldn't be worth it. BUT if it was just say 25 mil, to ME it would be worth it, to just develop my own, rather than buying HIS out..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I just realized I'm total basket case:
                  * mild case of OCD
                  * bipolar tendencies - depressed and manic (love the highs, hate the lows)
                  * gender fluid
                  * extreme introvert
                  * asocial

...yeah, I'm doomed.
                  Doomed you say.. Perfect, you can volunteer yourself to join my zombie legion when you pass..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  And Hillary's email scandal continues to weigh around her neck.

Hillary Clinton’s email problems just got much worse
                  Nothing new to me. We already know she was doing it against rules/laws, but since the investigation has gone on so damn long, and there's already been numerous hearings with NO repercussions yet, i don't think she will ever be held to account.. yet again.

Comment

btw has Bush ever been indicted for his Patriot/Homeland Security Acts?

Comment

Sorry, GOP! You Can’t sue Barack Obama Over Transgender Bathrooms: ACLU
                      Sarah K. Burris
                      25 May 2016 at 20:00 ET

Texas announced Wednesday that it was joining ten other states in suing the Justice Department and Department of Education over the administration’s transgender bathroom policy. However, according to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) that is impossible because they will lack standing in court.

“The Supreme Court has made clear that one cannot sue an agency just because they disagree with the agency’s guidance,” the ACLU said in a press release Wednesday. “If these attorneys general disagree with the agency’s interpretation of what the federal ban on sex discrimination means, they can make that argument to the court when it arises in a real case.”

Instead, the ACLU said that this is nothing more than a “political stunt” from conservative states.

James Esseks, director of the ACLU’s LGBT Project said the Texas-based lawsuit is “an attack… on transgender Americans, plain and simple.” He also believes “the real targets here are vulnerable young people and adults who simply seek to live their lives free from discrimination when they go to school, work or the restroom.”

In his press conference today, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton refused to acknowledge if he thinks transgender children exist and he couldn’t answer whether transgender people commit sexual assaults at a higher rate than non-transgender people.

“Make no mistake,” said Paxton. “This is no reinterpretation of terms. It’s an entire rewrite of law, and that is constitutionally the purview of the Congress, not the President of the United States.”

The ACLU commented, there “have been no disruptions, increases in public safety incidents, nor invasions of privacy related to protections for transgender people. The federal agencies named in this lawsuit have not changed existing obligations under the law. Our civil rights laws, including Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act, have long prohibited discrimination on the basis of sex, and federal courts and agencies have long recognized that this includes protections for transgender people.”

One state joining the lawsuit is Oklahoma, which announced a $1.3 billion budget shortfall this year. It is unclear how much money this lawsuit will take from the state’s budget. The state legislature had a bathroom bill similar to the one North Carolina passed, but it was voted down after chambers of commerce in the state begged legislators not to out of fear the state would lose substantial money.

“As we face a budget crisis unprecedented in size and scope, it is unconscionable to consider a measure that would so greatly impact the financial well-being of our schools and so deeply hurt transgender Oklahomans,” Troy Stevenson, Freedom Oklahoma Executive Director said in a statement.

Source: Raw Story
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Well, if it takes 10 bil to make a newer formula, that winds up being better than his, sure, i would say that wouldn't be worth it. BUT if it was just say 25 mil, to ME it would be worth it, to just develop my own, rather than buying HIS out..
                        I, umm, I don't know if you are being obtuse here dude, or I am explaining myself -really, really- badly.
                        You make 2 billion a year, making super sauce. Dude comes up with better sauce. Rather than loosing your 2 billion in sauce, you give him 10 million, buy his patent and bury or use his sauce.
                        This is what oil companies do to alternate energy inventors -all- the time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          Sorry, GOP! You Can’t sue Barack Obama Over Transgender Bathrooms: ACLU
                          Sarah K. Burris
                          25 May 2016 at 20:00 ET
                          <SNIP>
                          Without taking sides in this, might I point out that the ACLU is not the deciding body. That would be the court system.

Comment

<SNIP>
                            Without taking sides in this, might I point out that the ACLU is not the deciding body. That would be the court system.
                            Sure, the ACLU is merely repeating the courts decision.
                            sigpic

Comment

<SNIP>

What that article was saying is that you can't preemptively sue. You have to have an actual case, that is a victim. Once a school system looses funding, then there is a case and then you can sue. If the government makes an unconstitutional law, you can't sue until that law impacts someone and thus they sue. That's how it works.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                This comment = you being the backside of a horse and trying to start unnecessary drama.
                                "Drama"? As in turning things emotional? Like, I don't know, sending someone a spiteful private message full of asterisks standing in for swear words because of a disagreement in a politics-related thread?

I did no such thing. Can you say the same?
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X