Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I said I didn't care what the idea was, just and that the audience can decide if its a good idea or not.
    Last edited by Annoyed; 14 April 2016, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Free speech should always be allowed even if the ideas are something you don't want to hear
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Okay.

Anyhoodle...

Oh, Ringo Starr cancelled his next concert in North Carolina too.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We can always send em some Thomas the Tank Engine dvds instead
          sigpic

Comment

Or that new beer that will be brewed in NC by some local breweries, aptly named Don't Be Mean To People

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Or that new beer that will be brewed in NC by some local breweries, aptly named Don't Be Mean To People
              And while we are living in an utopian fantasy, lets go solve world hunger
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I do not dispute the right of performers to avoid playing a particular venue for political reasons, they have every right to play where they want to play.

But in the case of Springsteen and Starr, many of their fans are older, and those older fans may not agree with them (or even be aware of) the issue being protested. They may very well alienate their fans in that state.

Comment

Why is everything about age to you? Age of fans should not even matter. All ages are most likely to have diverse opinions about the subject.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Older people tend to have very different views on things than youngsters do; they've lived a great deal of their lives and have a lot more experience with life, so they have different outlooks on things than young folks just starting out do. Often we are more conservative in our views. I know from my own life that my views have changed significantly since I was a teenager.

So for example, in this case, Springsteen's fan base will tend to be older folks than you might expect to show up at a black can of peas? show, and taken as a group, their views will be different.
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 14 April 2016, 10:54 AM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Often we are more conservative in our views.
                      He means to say ancient, like when the dinosaurs were still walking the face of the Earth.

...a black can of peas? show...
                      That was worthy of a double take --

Comment

Okay.

Anyhoodle...

The real news are that Ringo Starr still gives concerts. Anywhere.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

He means to say ancient, like when the dinosaurs were still walking the face of the Earth.
                          Quiet, child. You'll get old yourself one of these days. Maybe.

Comment

I wonder what the reaction would be if it had been a nazi swastika...
                            Probably passed out or fainted.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Free speech should always be allowed even if the ideas are something you don't want to hear
                            Exactly. As often said by Marines "I may not like what you say, or even agree with it, but i will defend your right to say it"..

Never cared to go to one of his concerts anyway.

Comment

Older people tend to have very different views on things than youngsters do; they've lived a great deal of their lives and have a lot more experience with life, so they have different outlooks on things than young folks just starting out do. Often we are more conservative in our views. I know from my own life that my views have changed significantly since I was a teenager.

So for example, in this case, Springsteen's fan base will tend to be older folks than you might expect to show up at a black can of peas? show, and taken as a group, their views will be different.
                              You have said this before. You were wrong then and wrong now. Specifically you are overestimating generalizations. If so many old people are conservative we should have nothing but Republician presidents
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Quiet, child. You'll get old yourself one of these days. Maybe.
                                I'm always glad to have survived the day.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Never cared to go to one of his concerts anyway.
                                To be fair, I thought he was dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X