X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    He did say trail. Though he probably meant trial O.O

it is not cold but a bit premature maybe.
    yeah but I am all for a party in the meantime....I mean what the hell...if we find out he was not really killed then we can just party again when he is
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Well to be blunt I would rather us then them. It is not a solution but it is part of a solution.
      But it's not an either/or scenario is it? Besides, a hell of a lot more Americans have died as a result of chasing 'terrorists' around the world than would have if all those billions had just been spent on intelligence gathering instead, and maybe some eduction too. You can't beat an ideology just by shooting people who follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        But it's not an either/or scenario is it? Besides, a hell of a lot more Americans have died as a result of chasing 'terrorists' around the world than would have if all those billions had just been spent on intelligence gathering instead, and maybe some eduction too. You can't beat an ideology just by shooting people who follow it.
        True, but you can't beat an ideology without it either. Especially when that ideology is out to either kill or convert you to their religious and moral goals.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
          yeah but I am all for a party in the meantime....I mean what the hell...if we find out he was not really killed then we can just party again when he is
          good, but cheeky, point.

Comment

good, but cheeky, point.
            yeah I know I've been really bad tonight I need to just go back to my corner and shut up and play nice.
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

True, but you can't beat an ideology without it either. Especially when that ideology is out to either kill or convert you to their religious and moral goals.
              I think education and prosperity work wonders. I suppose our lifestyles being dependant on other countries being poor was always going to come back to bite us in one way or another.

Comment

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...didates-react-

As we wrote earlier tonight, the news of Osama Bin Laden's death -- and its implications for President Barack Obama's legacy and his re-election race -- is almost certain to change the contours of the 2012 race.

Here's some responses from potential 2012 GOP contenders to the news that the al-Qaeda leader has been killed in a U.S.-led operation in Pakistan.

if anyones itnerested
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think education and prosperity work wonders. I suppose our lifestyles being dependant on other countries being poor was always going to come back to bite us in one way or another.
                  Indeed it has.

I do too. And that is also part of the solution but that is not the only solution. we just can't build schoolsonly and work on things and educate people if there is another group of people who will blow those up and kill their own citizens to do it. It just cannot be done. We have to neutralize the threat as it exisists now if we are to have any hope of victory, and then discourage others to be terroirsts themselves and give them another option. After all what good is intelligence if we are not willing to act on it? How do we act on this actionable intelligence in the first place? How do we bring terroists half way around the world 'to trial.'

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...didates-react-

As we wrote earlier tonight, the news of Osama Bin Laden's death -- and its implications for President Barack Obama's legacy and his re-election race -- is almost certain to change the contours of the 2012 race.

Here's some responses from potential 2012 GOP contenders to the news that the al-Qaeda leader has been killed in a U.S.-led operation in Pakistan.

if anyones itnerested
                    I will read later.

Its maddening I do see how this will change the election but it should not. Again I cannot stress how this is a good event in the world and for our country, and even for Obama and his Presidency, but it still does not address the multiple and critical issues that this country is facing here at home, and abroad. Issues that, inspite of Osama's death, Obama has shown a woeful lack of ability to control, understand, or solve.

Comment

He declared war on us so im cool with skipping the trail and just shooting the jerk in the head.

Comment

forced consent is not true consent
                        there is no such thing as consent that is not "forced".

Comment

I have never ever said here that sex is unnatural or wrong. I really don't know where either of you are getting that. And I am not even saying that sex for recreational purposes would be unnatural or wrong either. But there is a difference between meeting someone say in a bar or online and deciding to meet and have a one night stand or a sexual fling with them if you are both consensual....but that is far from prostitution and I think we have gotten waaaaaaaay off the point here. My feelings are clear on this...in that prostitution (selling your body for sex is wrong) I think it takes something that what could be fun and spontaneous and/or the act of showing love that two people share in....and sort of cheapens it. Again my opinion here and one I guess not many share
                          The impression I got is that you said that having sex with someone you don't love is wrong. If that's not what you mean, then I apologise. But my point still remains: as long as sex is consensual, then love does not need to play any role in it.
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                            there is no such thing as consent that is not "forced".
                            Please explain.

Comment

Are you serious....give him a trial? At the taxpayers expense no less....pfffffffffffft OMG I've heard everything now. The man is a known terrorist.... we have proof that he was a terrorist that is all the trial we need. Yeah let's break out the bubbly....sorry if that seems cold.....can't help it.
                              Do you really advocate ignoring human rights when you don't particularly like the person?
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Please explain.
                                I think they meant there's no consent that is forced.
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X