• Show
Clear All

And i broke my first rule, damn it
    Toodles has a horse ? :O
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
      And i broke my first rule, damn it
      Bad Pookey! Now Tood will have to lecture you again!

Comment

Hush child, he may not notice
        sigpic

Comment

Hush child, he may not notice
          Then he'll make something up and lecture you about that!

Comment

I think we need to start afresh as its all got misconstrued along the way
            So, no joking, no picking on catholics and certainly no disagreeing with anyone, got it? Begin
            It does happen, I admit.

That said...Annoyed's comments were where I would stop and start to disagree. You can't expect people not to have kids. It's what we do. It's life, life multiplies, thus contraceptives. It takes a strong faith in something to avoid it or a small to no sex drive to avoid sex. As to MG's comments...The poor would be given an impossible task to not have sex. If they don't believe in contraceptives, let them have kids. No one should be shamed nor punished for it. The society that creates poverty should pay the price for it. Everything has a cost, even poverty.

However, I think the core issue is poverty. If you make $60,000 a year in the US or the equivalent in other nations, I do strongly stand against funding contraceptives via the public.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

In England they are free at the clinic, maybe they could do that over the pond, or wherever they are needed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                It does happen, I admit.

That said...Annoyed's comments were where I would stop and start to disagree. You can't expect people not to have kids. It's what we do. It's life, life multiplies, thus contraceptives. It takes a strong faith in something to avoid it or a small to no sex drive to avoid sex. As to MG's comments...The poor would be given an impossible task to not have sex. If they don't believe in contraceptives, let them have kids. No one should be shamed nor punished for it. The society that creates poverty should pay the price for it. Everything has a cost, even poverty.

However, I think the core issue is poverty. If you make $60,000 a year in the US or the equivalent in other nations, I do strongly stand against funding contraceptives via the public.
                Funding contraceptives would be a lot cheaper than funding all the unplanned kids for 18 years..

Comment

In England they are free at the clinic, maybe they could do that over the pond, or wherever they are needed
                  But he has made his short sighted decision!! Not paying for a balloon now saves him 5p today. Future Tood can come up with a plan to pay for all the kids that will be appearing in 9 months time..

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Seems like someone didn't scroll back far enough in the conversations and then decided to hop up on the high horse. Personally, I don't care what someone does in the bedroom or wherever they want to have or not have sex.
                    ordinarily neither would I....but it is we the people who ultimately are being made to foot the bill for other peoples' irresponsible choices....so like Mr. Annoyed I'm of the belief that you can do whatever you like...just stop making the rest of us liable for your poor judgment

Or as one popular meme on FB has put it: "I don't understand how something could at the same time be 0% my business yet 100% my financial responsibility"

Comment

I actually agree with you
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        ordinarily neither would I....but it is we the people who ultimately are being made to foot the bill for other peoples' irresponsible choices....so like Mr. Annoyed I'm of the belief that you can do whatever you like...just stop making the rest of us liable for your poor judgment

Or as one popular meme on FB has put it: "I don't understand how something could at the same time be 0% my business yet 100% my financial responsibility"
                        You mean like how taxes go towards fighting wars whether we agree with them or not?

You would support killing people in other countries over helping those who live in your own..

Comment

I dont think hes saying that dear, with the people who pop out babies we are having to support them when they do, i object to that, and it can be stopped, the government can say we will support one or two children, then after that the responsibility is yours, we cannot keep paying for people to have babies, why should the government have to pay for peoples babies. I do not understand it at all.

PH, its weird, but to me your siggy keeps disappearing every so often are you messing with spells again
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            But he's shaming people for having kids.. Not religion. Not celibacy. Get off the high horse.
                            and I don't know where you got that messed up idea from...all I was saying is that perhaps people should exercise some self-control instead of running around acting like wild animals and expecting the public to just happily pay for their bad choices without a care in the world

Comment

I dont think hes saying that dear, with the people who pop out babies we are having to support them when they do, i object to that, and it can be stopped, the government can say we will support one or two children, then after that the responsibility is yours, we cannot keep paying for people to have babies, why should the government have to pay for peoples babies. I do not understand it at all.

PH, its weird, but to me your siggy keeps disappearing every so often are you messing with spells again
                              Contraceptives would be a lot cheaper to pay for than kids. Why not just pay for the balloons? And you know the pills have so many more effects than just preventing pregnancy.

By not supporting contraceptives because the sky wizard says it's wrong, or because of the "what if people just start having sex for fun and enjoy life?" arguments, they're actually choosing the more expensive outcome.

Comment

And i agree with you to, you both have valid points
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X