This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    And those weapons don't benefit the military personnel who use them? I would prefer that the military spend money rather than soldier's lives, and much of the cost of weaponry these days is to make things that enhance the survivability for soldiers.
    Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    Originally Posted by Annoyed
    I would prefer that the military spend money
    see? usually you're against government, but you can support (corporate) welfare when you want
    Please don't twist my words by quoting half of them.

Thank you.

Comment

Please don't twist my words by quoting half of them.

Thank you.
      word, no twisting just quoting the bottomline :|

Comment

It's a case of practical, real world vs theoretical universe. Absolutely, there are many conditions which are "invisible", but still debilitating. In an ideal, theoretical universe, people could be trusted to honor the "rules" and not take the things without a legitimate need for them.

But in the real world we live in, people will abuse anything they can get their hands on. So some sort of enforcement is required. Yes, it would suck to have to go to the CS desk and show an ID to get a cart, but would that suck worse than there being no carts available because joyriders have got half the store's carts?

Myself, I would prefer having to show an ID to get one, rather than there being none available 'cause the store is afraid to offend or aggravate legitimate users.
        You have no grasp of PR do you?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I just don't see a need for PR. Sugar coating unpleasant business doesn't help anyone. Whatever a situation is, it's still the same no matter how you spin it.

Comment

It has an effect on profits
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              hoho why ain't that a surprise
              (another curious thing is why do people call Putin a "religious man" when he's a Stalin fan?)
              I'm not aware of Puting being called a religious man. He may give lip service to Orthodox Christianity as a matter of appealing to traditionalism and demonstrating his "Russian-ness", but he makes it a point to stay above categorizing. He isn't even formally a member of his own political party.

Russian VOYENTORG shops - government-run military surplus store network - is selling T-shirts with pro-Assad slogans. Apparently they sell well.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                It has an effect on profits
                Anyone with the brains God promised a doorknob can see through "corporatese" as I call it. Their attempts to claim that black is white and night is day don't buy them much, except to destroy their credibility. In the long run, I think that BS'ing your way through a situation only causes harm.

Comment

You'd be wrong
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    You know gun control is something that can never ever be discussed.. Ever!!
                    Oh oops... sorry, I clearly forgot.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's a case of practical, real world vs theoretical universe. Absolutely, there are many conditions which are "invisible", but still debilitating. In an ideal, theoretical universe, people could be trusted to honor the "rules" and not take the things without a legitimate need for them.

But in the real world we live in, people will abuse anything they can get their hands on. So some sort of enforcement is required. Yes, it would suck to have to go to the CS desk and show an ID to get a cart, but would that suck worse than there being no carts available because joyriders have got half the store's carts?

Myself, I would prefer having to show an ID to get one, rather than there being none available 'cause the store is afraid to offend or aggravate legitimate users.
                      Well said Annoyed. BUT these days, it seems its UN-PC to even mention stuff like that.

Heck on another site where i have mentioned this same situation most EVERYONE there is on my case for "Daring to even ask someone how long they will be, no matter who else asked me to get that info"..

Comment

Victims they want to be, but restraint they surely do not know either:

Eritrean man killed, brutalized when Bedouin shoots Israeli security forces

Comment

Does everyone have to have a gun in Sweden? What's their stats on gun deaths?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Hey if Putin and allies really do get rid of ISIS in Syria would that make the Western nations over there look kind of foolish?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Hey if Putin and allies really do get rid of ISIS in Syria would that make the Western nations over there look kind of foolish?
                              it would but they won't so the question's moot

Comment

Pigs will fly when they do... all they care about are the anti-Assad people, which do include IS but it's not their main concern.

Does everyone have to have a gun in Sweden? What's their stats on gun deaths?
                                Sweden — Gun Facts, Figures and the Law

Gun deaths in 2010 stood at 138.
                                Suicide by gun at 211 (2010).

Any particular reason you wish to know?

Comment

Working...
                                X