This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Maybe that's a good thing? Our most serious issue is our economy, and its utter failure to provide jobs for our citizens. This single issue is driving many other issues; poverty, welfare dependency and such at the top of the list.

Consider the U.S. recovery from the great depression, which started in 1929. Many believe that WWII and it's attendant economic activity was the spark for that recovery. A national imperative which generated activity in many different areas. Yes, it consumed a hell of a lot of resources but it did result in an economic boom. Although I rather doubt that such a barrier would take decades to construct, such a national project might be good for us in the long run. And unlike World War II, it doesn't involve the deaths of millions.
    You think an economy-crippling wall is a good thing? A wall that would use up all your steel and cripple your manufacturing industry. All the steel that you use for guns.. and those huge cars you need to overcompensate for things..

There wouldn't be a US by the time the wall is finished. If it ever gets finished. Do you know how far 2000 miles is?

There would be no recovery like what happened in the 1930s. There would be nothing left to recover. There would just be the Great Wall of Trump repair and repainting program. And you would have to buy materials and paint from Mexico because the US economy would have been entirely dedicated to building the wall. There would be no one left of working age with the knowledge to do anything but build walls.

Trump is not your saviour. No matter how desperate you are to cling to that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Ae you willing to bet your country on that thought?

Cause it's all great that some folks are getting their butts kicked here, but when push comes to shove it's your country that's going to have to deal with the fall-out.
      As opposed to the fall out from decades of open immigration and trade policies that are harmful to our working class, as we are now?

Comment

As opposed to the fall out from decades of open immigration and trade policies that are harmful to our working class, as we are now?
        Indeed! Total destruction of the US is the only option!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          You think an economy-crippling wall is a good thing? A wall that would use up all your steel and cripple your manufacturing industry. All the steel that you use for guns.. and those huge cars you need to overcompensate for things..

There wouldn't be a US by the time the wall is finished. If it ever gets finished. Do you know how far 2000 miles is?

There would be no recovery like what happened in the 1930s. There would be nothing left to recover. There would just be the Great Wall of Trump repair and repainting program. And you would have to buy materials and paint from Mexico because the US economy would have been entirely dedicated to building the wall. There would be no one left of working age with the knowledge to do anything but build walls.

Trump is not your saviour. No matter how desperate you are to cling to that idea...
          Maybe not. Neither one of us can *know*, unless you're one of those folks brought back from 2077.

But he's better than anything else on the menu at this time.

Comment

Then you're doomed.

Comment

Indeed! Total destruction of the US is the only option!!
              With a slight change, that is not so far fetched.

Indeed! Total destruction of the US as a world power is the only option!!
              You're going to be looking for my tinfoil hat again, but I firmly believe there are more than a few folks in various positions of power, including within our own government, such as the LSoS who would like nothing better than that.

Comment

I think it's what you want.

You seem to see the worst in everything. Total destruction might be the only thing that will make you happy.

And again with the LSoS thing? If you can't say what it really means here for fear of the mods.. then don't say it at all.

And grow up. I think Trump is the worst thing that could ever happen to the US and I can say his name. You want to take this thread seriously. Then prove it. Use his name.

Comment

Maybe not. Neither one of us can *know*, unless you're one of those folks brought back from 2077.
                  Darn it! 2076. So close!

Why, if that isn't the most ridiculous thing I ever did hear.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

But you don't understand! Mexico is gonna pay for it.

Comment

The king of tinfoil hats, mr Foley, has returned. *Runs away*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        The king of tinfoil hats, mr Foley, has returned. *Runs away*
                        I missed you too...whoever you are.

Comment

Great Turkey!!! You're alive!!!
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Great Turkey!!! You're alive!!!
                            No I'm a figment of your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                              No I'm a figment of your imagination.
                              That's my line. You owe me a royalty.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                That's my line. You owe me a royalty.
                                *pays Jel one Prince Philip* I think you'll like him, he says what he thinks and doesn't care about offending people.

Comment

Working...
                                X