Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually as it usually turns out in these cases, there's 2 sides to the story. According to the Maryland Dept. of Justice, "sweet and innocent" Freddie Gray was arrested numerous times for dealing in narcotics and for burglary. So was he really just "out for a jog" or was he up to something and turned and ran when he saw the cops? Does it excuse just shooting him in the back as he ran? No, but let's be honest, Freddie Gray was no choir boy and I'm sick of the people rioting over a dead person casting said dead person as some sweet and innocent choir boy who wouldn't harm a fly when in fact 9 times out of 10 it turns out the dead person was little more than a thug himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      fixed

(you really think he's in charge?)

Of course not.. It's just like over here in Australia. Government is not the one in charge. They just run the agenda of the people who put them into power.. Same for the USA and any other country.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        I just need to say this somewhere regarding the Baltimore riot thing. Rioters should be treated as they treat the property and lives that they are destroying. But....honestly....you shouldn't be arrested by the police because you simply ran. Period...just ran. As in at one moment you were walking at an even pace and the next moment for whatever reason you ran towards an undisclosed destination. I mean...It's hard for me to imagine the Gestapo stopping someone for...running. They would if you were say a Jew in the middle of the night outside of the ghetto. But a German White citizen? They just simply wouldn't for the most part. It's...it's just...I can't wrap my mind around that it just I don't know. What is going on in this world? What was going on in that officer's mind? "Oh look, a citizen is randomly running. That's in violation of some Unicorn law about....running. I must stop him before he...runs to far and reaches his undisclosed destination."

Yeah I can't wrap my head around this either.

Why is it a mystery how he got injured fatally in custody?

It's so messed up.

Comment

There is one thing about this whole Baltimore situation that seems to go unnoticed in the media.
          Baltimore's government is about as racially balanced as possible. The mayor herself is black, as is the police commissioner, and many of her cabinet members, as is about 43% of the police dept.

http://mayor.baltimorecity.gov/people-tiles/all

Sorry, but while the death of anyone while in police custody bears investigation (and this case certainly appears to warrant one or more) and disciplinary steps up to and including criminal prosecution if officers are found to have violated the law or proper police procedure, don't even try to sell me this as racially motivated unless you want to accuse blacks of being racially biased against themselves. I don't know if you'll find any of the race hustlers who are willing to do that, however.

One thing I do NOT condone is the Mayor of Baltimore telling the police chief to "give them room to destroy"

What no one expected is what Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake admitted in a press conference on Sunday: that she asked the Baltimore Police Department to “give those who wished to destroy space to do that.”
          All that will do is encourage others across the country to take advantage of anything as an excuse to loot and destroy private property.

What she should have done is to call in the national guard, fully armed swat teams, and any other resources at her command and tell the thugs in the street to "bring it". Toss the whole lot of 'em into the clink, and prosecute everyone involved to the fullest extent the law allows.

When has turning the other cheek in the face of a bully's aggression ever done any good?

Comment

And just to add further insult to injury....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...o-rioters.html

The president of the Baltimore City Council apologized for calling rioters “thugs” at a press conference Tuesday, calling those responsible for the violence “misdirected” youths.
            Good grief.

Comment

isn't political correctness great? /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                isn't political correctness great? /sarcasm
                Now that is a good point. Why don't message boards have [sarcasm] tags. Could be like the spoiler tags.

Comment

perhaps they'll start calling the looters "undocumented shoppers" next

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    And just to add further insult to injury....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...o-rioters.html

Good grief.

Has the world gone insane?

They are thugs plain and simple

Too many social justice warriors

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      perhaps they'll start calling the looters "undocumented shoppers" next
                      Tut tut dear, that is bound to be a slur on the professional shoplifters
                      sigpic

Comment

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ot-crisis.html

Well she's a silly woman. She said some silly stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ot-crisis.html

Well she's a silly woman. She said some silly stuff.
                          Really, you're giving a pass 'cause she's a female?

I hope that was sarcasm.

Comment

Really, you're giving a pass 'cause she's a female?

I hope that was sarcasm.

Kind of

I hope she gets sacked...

Comment

Whole Foods Market might become one of my favorite places to shop as long as I can afford the prices (heard that they're kind of upscale). Mainly because Whole Foods Market was feeding the cops and NG troops in Baltimore, much to the consternation of the left wingnuts there

Comment

There is one thing about this whole Baltimore situation that seems to go unnoticed in the media.
                                Baltimore's government is about as racially balanced as possible. The mayor herself is black, as is the police commissioner, and many of her cabinet members, as is about 43% of the police dept.

http://mayor.baltimorecity.gov/people-tiles/all

Sorry, but while the death of anyone while in police custody bears investigation (and this case certainly appears to warrant one or more) and disciplinary steps up to and including criminal prosecution if officers are found to have violated the law or proper police procedure, don't even try to sell me this as racially motivated unless you want to accuse blacks of being racially biased against themselves. I don't know if you'll find any of the race hustlers who are willing to do that, however.

One thing I do NOT condone is the Mayor of Baltimore telling the police chief to "give them room to destroy"

All that will do is encourage others across the country to take advantage of anything as an excuse to loot and destroy private property.

What she should have done is to call in the national guard, fully armed swat teams, and any other resources at her command and tell the thugs in the street to "bring it". Toss the whole lot of 'em into the clink, and prosecute everyone involved to the fullest extent the law allows.

When has turning the other cheek in the face of a bully's aggression ever done any good?
                                The police and the city reacted as they should have. The blame isn't on them. They gave protesters space and then brought in the riot control mechanisms as soon as rioters started to show up and plenty of law abiding citizens (many of which are minorities) have come to the aid of law enforcement. This is an issue of a criminal element deeply ingrained in that city that is taking advantage of a tense situation to further their destructive ends.

As for the mayor's poorly worded remarks, I give you breitbart.com's take on it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ng-to-destroy/

Basically, poorly worded. As the article stated. They wanted to give protesters their space, but rioters ended up taking advantage of that. Riots happen, even in totalitarian regimes where there are no freedoms of assembly and speech, riots still happen *cough* Arab Spring *cough*. It's short sighted to want to blame anyone but the criminals themselves.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X