Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logic is only a tool for the intellectual elite in order to shut down normal people.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
      Logic is only a tool for the intellectual elite in order to shut down normal people.
      Huh???

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
        Since we're going off-track. I will post a new topic for discussion:

What do you think the repercussions of the 2011 Libyan "no fly zone" conflict will be?

I realize there was a similar thread that discussed this which was closed...

I want to make one thing clear first: any post that violates the thread rules WILL be reported.
        I will say this:

It is disspointing when people let their preconceptions and biases get in the way of actual debate.

For, if recent history and if history is any guide to us at all can we honestly be sure we are fighting on the wrong side here? Can our involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Vietnam, and Iran with the Shaw make anyone comfortable that we are supporting the right side? Do we know who the rebels are, what they believe, and their core? Can we absolutly be certain that US Involvement and international involvement in this area lead to a peaceful, more democratic, outcome? Especially when, despite how much time we have spent on this, we seem to have a woeful lack of understanding of the players? If recent history has taught us anything is that even those with the best intentions can still be led astray.

After all Gaddafi has said that Al Qaeda wants him gone, Al Qaeda says they want Gaddafi gone. So can we be sure they are on the right side?

Let me be clear () I am no fan of Gaddafi, he is a monster and a madman and it would have been nice had we dealt with him years ago fully and completly. But recent experience has shown us that no matter what any possible of outcomes can result. INclduing a Government that is worse and more oppressive then the one we just helped to obliterate. And after all if you listen to Admiral Mike Mullen we might not even be setting out to remove Gaddafi from power, just save lives. Which is a noble cause and for that we are in the right. But I caution everyone to make any assumptions here until this fully plays out, if then.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
          yeah man

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            We already have a thread for this--

--oh wait...
            It's miracle this thread has lasted so long. Vigorous political discussion, nah mods don’t like that. To quote our "beloved" Empress of the Squidge
            I have zero tolerance for political discussion,
            I do so apologise Skydiver for not indulging in your approved threads: counting chevrons or similes and posting random crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
              Since we're going off-track. I will post a new topic for discussion:

What do you think the repercussions of the 2011 Libyan "no fly zone" conflict will be?

I realize there was a similar thread that discussed this which was closed...

I want to make one thing clear first: any post that violates the thread rules WILL be reported.
              repercussions? - 100's or 1000's dead, and bogged down in another war. Gadhafi? Not going anywhere. Bombing Libya is, sadly, just going to make him right.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I say just take all the Islamo-fascists and roast 'em over an open fire...mmmm.....roast radical.....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  I say just take all the Islamo-fascists and roast 'em over an open fire...mmmm.....roast radical.....
                  What the hell is a Islamo-fascist when it's at home? I was under the impression Islam and Fascism were compleatly different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                    What the hell is a Islamo-fascist when it's at home? I was under the impression Islam and Fascism were compleatly different.
                    slang term for Islamists whose only goal is to force it on everyone else

Comment

better : all the religious-fascists
                      better yet : all the fascists *

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                      I was under the impression Islam and Fascism were compleatly different.
                      but with a lot of overlap

* the "atheist" ones are just as obnoxious if not worse

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        * the "atheist" ones are just as obnoxious if not worse

This isn't straying off-topic at all...

Comment

slang term for Islamists whose only goal is to force it on everyone else
                          So can I call the Religious Right Christio-fascists?
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            So can I call the Religious Right Christio-fascists?
                            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              http://www.godlessgirl.com/wp-conten...2009/06/85.jpg

This isn't straying off-topic at all...
                              nope the 3rd one would be an apatheist

edit> I meant this politically speaking of course (just to keep it ontopic :-)

Comment

Speaking as an extremist Agnostic, I feel superior to all of you with my uncertainty. Possibly.

Comment

Working...
                                X