This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Why not just give the Palestinians land of their own? I mean an act of the UN created Israel out of sympathy so why not the same for the Palestinians?
    Saw this on my Facebook feed today --> a "possible" solution to the problem (Jon Stewart would be pleased) - random twitter account that has the image too

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    This bull**** war will continue forever
    There was something we said after WWI -> no more
    What a joke?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Takes deep, calming breath.
    *breath in, breath out*

And go... *hides*

If I were an Grammar nazi, I guess I might, but I am not, my comment about using full stops was to stop you, from creating, meandering points that shift over time, and possibly get you to consider, that not using full stops, makes other people possibly misinterpret the -SQUIRREL-, point you are trying to make, or even loose the point you are trying to make in the first place, because you are trying to make one long point, that is possibly unrelated to the point you started with, so they are unsure about exactly what you are trying to say, you know like I could be talking about your lack of full stops now, or I may be commenting on your belief I am a nazi, or possibly you are talking about something else entirely now, I am just not sure if, in this morass of seemingly unrelated points, just what I am talking about at all, but I do know it must have been important, or at least some of it was, maybe.
    You lost me at hello... but hey, a squirrel!

Originally posted by pookey View Post
    Where did the squirrel come from, and is it looking for nuts?
    He popped out of the full stop at the end.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
      Where did the squirrel come from, and is it looking for nuts?
      real question is: which came first the squirrel or the nut?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Saw this on my Facebook feed today --> a "possible" solution to the problem (Jon Stewart would be pleased) - random twitter account that has the image too

I like that idea
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

1 more highlight: at the next islamist terrorist attack the US can safely nuke Palestine in retaliation - since US allies are no longer in the region, no risk of collateral damage :|
          Last edited by SoulReaver; 05 August 2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            1 more highlight: at the next islamist terrorist attack the US can just nuke Palestine in retaliation - since US allies are no longer in the region, no risk of collateral damage :|
            Kinda like bombing the hell out of Afghanistan...

But you assume all Palestinians are terrorists.

Comment

1 more highlight: at the next islamist terrorist attack the US can just nuke Palestine in retaliation - since US allies are no longer in the region, no risk of collateral damage :|
              Civilian collateral damage. At least with airstrikes you can limit the damage to singular buildings and the knocking method tells people to get out and the building can be evacuated in a day. Nukes wipe out entire cities and there's no way to evacuate the entire area.

And the conflict is toward a group that is not restricted to that area. There are over a dozen Islamic Militant groups and a nuke in the middle of an area as densely populated as that will only serve to rally more to their cause.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                At least with airstrikes you can limit the damage to singular buildings and the knocking method tells people to get out and the building can be evacuated in a day.
                Aim for the motorcycle, and hit the school... like that?

Nukes wipe out entire cities and there's no way to evacuate the entire area.
                I think it's Soulreaver's point to whipe them all from existence, which is what nukes tend to do best. That, and contaminate the area for years to come.

Comment

But you assume all Palestinians are terrorists.
                  details details

Civilian collateral damage.
                  assuming the governments care about that

And the conflict is toward a group that is not restricted to that area. There are over a dozen Islamic Militant groups and a nuke in the middle of an area as densely populated as that will only serve to rally more to their cause.
                  that's the thing: after a few nukes there should be no more islamist groups

Comment

that's the thing: after a few nukes there should be no more islamist groups
                    Even if we were to turn Palestine into a nuclear wasteland, that still wouldn't deal with the Islamic militants.
                    Jamat Ansar, Twhid, and Jihad are alive and kicking in Iraq.
                    Harkat ul Mujahideen , Jaish Mohammed, and Lashkar Taiba are busy in Pakistan.
                    ETIM are working their magic in China.
                    Abu Sayaf has the Philippines to themselves.
                    Caucausus Emirate are partying in Russia.
                    Jemah Islamiyah are in Indonesia (or so I heard).
                    GIA work in Algeria.
                    Al Gamma, and Egyptian Islamic Jihad are in Egypt.
                    And more groups are suspected to be working in other countries too.

We can't nuke them all from existence.

sigpic

Comment

What about Christian extremists? Which countries would we have to bomb to whipe those from existence?

There's that one big one, but they'd probably catch the nuke before it can hit ground.

Comment

There's that one big one, but they'd probably catch the nuke before it can hit ground.
                        El Salvador ain't that big :|

Comment

What about Christian extremists? Which countries would we have to bomb to whipe those from existence?
                          The Islamist states are already taking care of that in their own countries. So you don't have to worry about it.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

To get rid of the major ones?

Oh, you have to wipe out the United States, the UK, several parts of Africa I remember Central African Republic as the major one, Lebanon, Norway, Romania and India.

So, should we nuke all religious extremists off the planet?

sigpic

Comment

To get rid of the major ones?

Oh, you have to wipe out the United States, the UK, several parts of Africa I remember Central African Republic as the major one, Lebanon, Norway, Romania and India.

So, should we nuke all religious extremists off the planet?
                              But that would just leave us with the Political Extremists. Which are WORSE!
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

incidentally, somewhat offtopic but:
                                Christianity and Judaism
                                it's very funny how the 2 religions tend to get conflated ("judeo christian" is especially amusing)

I'm not sure people even realize that in christianity, all jews go to hell

Comment

Working...
                                X