X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    what plane?
    The Malaysian passenger jet that went missing over three weeks ago, and in spite of huge search efforts, no trace of it has been found. It had 239 passengers, including crew members. The thinking of the moment is that it went down in the Indian Ocean. Bits of debris keeps showing up (seen on satellite photos), but by the time any boats can get to the area they were seen in, the ocean currents have moved them far away or they've sunk. No debris recovered has been related to the missing plane.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      The Malaysian passenger jet that went missing over three weeks ago, and in spite of huge search efforts, no trace of it has been found. ... No debris recovered has been related to the missing plane.
      A few days before *anything* was actually found and looked at by Recon teams, who actually saw any debris fields, several people on some other discussion blogs / forums suggested tossing out stuff into the ocean, just to make it look like things related to that flight was found (and basically put an end to all of the mysteries and conspiracy theories).. like, for example, (fabricating enough to make this look real ---) painting the number on some seat cushions and tossing them into the water (the cushions would float and be visible from the air).. so whatever does get found had better go thru some serious scrutiny. I think the Chinese will figure it all out and authenticate what might be fabricated and what might actually be related.

What about some luggage of the actual passengers, if ever found, that the relatives can 100% identify..? I was wondering if any passports and tickets showed up floating about, but those are made of paper and would disintegrate in water, in general. Also, if there were any (human) bodies in the water, the marine critters probably had a feast already.

Now if the plane got hijacked to some hidden hanger, where are the passengers being kept, or are they still alive?
      These were some of the questions that came up in the other blog / forum sites.

Comment

You do know that there are more Mormons than their are Jews?
        I always find it fascinatng that Judaism is considered a "Major religion". It deserves recognition as a progenitor of both Christianity as a whole and Islam (though some would consider that a somewhat dubious honour), but in the grand scheme of things, it's not exactly "major"
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What if there is no plane?

They wouldn't have made all this drama for nothing to distract everyone off the other more important thing that was going on? Maybe some other political / military thing...... Or is that too far fetched?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

They wouldn't have made all this drama for nothing to distract everyone off the other more important thing that was going on? Maybe some other political / military thing...... Or is that too far fetched?
            That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. You would need some pretty damning evidence for me to believe such a coverup.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

If your paying attention to the right news sources you ain't missing what really important stuff is going on in the world.

I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Stop reading the Onion Fly
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  and watching MSNBC
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. You would need some pretty damning evidence for me to believe such a coverup.
                    it is an odd idea but it's an idea all the same.. I'm just throwing it out there.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

and watching MSNBC
                      Could be worse, he could be watching Fox.
                      sigpic

Comment

Could be worse, he could be watching Fox.
                        They are about the same IMO
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

They are about the same IMO
                          Pretty close, fox has more experience though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually MSNBC was launched first. By a few months
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually MSNBC was launched first. By a few months
                              Not as a poltical tool from inception, was it?
                              I don't trust either, but fox is just so "open" about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                                Yes, *Vlad* got into a habit of staking his enemies (or anyone who opposed him). One legend claimed that when one of the peasants complained about the stench of the people dying from being staked, Vlad decided to make that guy's stake higher than the rest (of the dead bodies on stakes around him). Really *nice* guy (NOT) -- that Vlad. Not very handsome, either, IMHO.
                                He wasn't all bad -- he was a devout christian who fought against the Ottomans when the Pope wanted a new crusade. Besides impaling had been happening before, he just perfected it into an artform. Anyway crucifixion was also a very unpleasant way to go -- and the Romans loved that one.

I thought the Talmud was an interpretation of the Hebrew scriptures, therefore it carries less weight as to what the verses actually read as. That's the impression I keep getting from reading many Jewish web forums about it.
                                It seems I mixed up the Torah and the Talmud, my mistake.

As for the Koran, I don't know...
                                Maybe you should give it a try.

Do they stock these in the local libraries? I think I went looking for it once, couldn't find it though.

What I have heard is that there is a sect in Iran, and probably thruout the Islamic world, who believe in the coming of the 12th Imam.
                                A sect... like a brotherhood... like the Templars? Or the Hospitallers? Or the Illuminati (are they real or fiction?)? Or the masons?

There have been brotherhoods/sects throughtout history. Hey, at some point in time even christianity was considered a sect.

Wikipedia has some info --
                                Wikipedia? Seriously... you pick the source that is likely to be reliable. There's a good reason kids over here can't use Wikipedia for their school assignments.

Also, it is interesting that all of the big three "faiths" -- Muslim, Judaism, and Christianity have the number 12 as a significant factor somewhere in their belief system, family tree, or ruling system of governing order. One can question that sheer number 12 as a myth or reality. What it actually applies to is sacred to each group.
                                Because those religions all stem from the same tree.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                The Malaysian passenger jet that went missing over three weeks ago, and in spite of huge search efforts, no trace of it has been found. It had 239 passengers, including crew members. The thinking of the moment is that it went down in the Indian Ocean. Bits of debris keeps showing up (seen on satellite photos), but by the time any boats can get to the area they were seen in, the ocean currents have moved them far away or they've sunk. No debris recovered has been related to the missing plane.
                                Soul Reaver was being sarcastic.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Like there is no spoon?

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X