Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

true
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...on-attack.html

At least 29 people have been killed, and 162 others injured, in a knife attack at a train station in south-western Chinese city of Kunming.

The incident “was an organised, premeditated violent terrorist attack” carried out by “unidentified knife-wielding people”, according to state media.

The attack took place late in the evening.

Police shot dead at least five of the alleged perpetrators at the train station in south-western Yunnan province, according to local television station K6.
        fortunately none of the coppers got hurt, which is good news for security. chinese citizens can thank the police state for that

Comment

Wasn't there a video of a guy on a train in China eating another guy? Liveleaks had to leak it because of government censorship
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Firstly, to rehash the previous proposed bill/law (LGBT) conversation---

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Now people what about this noise in Arizona, it's even made the news here across the pond in Australia. What dumbass enacts a law then thinks "gee that was a bad idea" and then the governor of the state puts a veto on this law anyway.......

What a waste of time and money?
            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            People who want to generate a controversy. As the saying goes their is no such thing as bad publicity. I agree it was a stupid law. On the off chance it had got passed I can see the federal government overturning it.
            But is controversy the only reason that they thought they had a chance of pulling this off?

It was a bizzare law to begin with.
            Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
            Really? I thought it was because of MONEY!?
            Came across two articles, worlds and different countries apart, but arguing about the same gay (or in an extended view, the LGBT) agenda.
            Interesting title for these clashes in the 2nd article (see the 2nd spoiler below)--
            "Gay activists have met their match with Muslim barbers"

Spoiler:
            Excerpts from a recent msnbc article on the Arizona "turn away the gay" bill #SB 1062,...
            (not sure how long msnbc link will work)

"George Takei threatens to boycott Arizona over anti-LGBT law"

02/24/14 08:52 PM—Updated 02/26/14 07:40 PM

By Sarah Muller

"Actor and gay rights activist George Takei warned Arizona to expect a boycott campaign if the controversial so-called "turn away the gay" bill becomes law.

In an open letter to residents beginning with "Dear Arizona," the Star Trek actor sarcastically congratulated them for becoming the "first state actually to pass a bill permitting businesses–even those open to the public–to refuse to provide service to LGBT people based on an individual's 'sincerely held religious belief.'" ...Takei wrote.

"February 21, 2014

Dear Arizona,

Congratulations. You are now the first state actually to pass a bill permitting businesses–even those open to the public–to refuse to provide service to LGBT people based on an individual's "sincerely held religious belief." This "turn away the gay" bill enshrines discrimination into the law. Your taxi drivers can refuse to carry us. Your hotels can refuse to house us. And your restaurants can refuse to serve us.

This bill also saddens me deeply. Brad and I have strong ties to Arizona. Brad was born in Phoenix, and we vacation in Show Low...

The law is breathtaking in its scope. It gives bigotry against us gays and lesbians a powerful and unprecedented weapon. But your mean-spirited representatives and senators know this...

So let me make mine just as clear. If your Governor Jan Brewer signs this repugnant bill into law, make no mistake. We will not come. We will not spend. And we will urge everyone we know–from large corporations to small families on vacation–to boycott. Because you don't deserve our dollars. Not one red cent.

And maybe you just never learn...

So if our appeals to equality, fairness, and our basic right to live in a civil society without doors being slammed in our face for being who we are don't move you, I'll bet a big hit to your pocketbook and state coffers will.

–George Takei"

And since when does a taxi service person know that a same gender couple/group are *gay* (in the LGBT sense)? Don't guys (as male friends & not directly related to each other) go out together to sporting events together any more, or get rides to work or family events together? And do girls still go out to do window shopping or whatever, sometimes hiring a taxi / limo service to get there?
            Aside from details in conversations, What are these people doing that makes them obviously GAY/Lesbian to start with??

I remember a time when girls & women not only walked hand-in-hand (and were hetero all the way..), but hugged each other to comfort or encourage--especially during difficult times. Nevermind, (hetero) gals are like monkeys preening at each other's hair or clothes! ..

The controversial "gay" incident(s) emphasized by George Takei, basically hit its peak performance(s) when a Christian bakery decided NOT to serve a gay couple with a wedding cake. Was it merely eating the food or showing off the ornament(s) on top/sides that set this refusal of service off..?

Okay Mr. Sulu, George & company, try that same servicing tactic on a devout Muslim who believes in enforcing shariah law.

See article below where such an attempt is now being challenged.
            (EDIT--correction, if the date in the article below is correct, then within the last 2 years it was being challenged)
            ... and especially with a barber shop, too! Note the comments --at the end of the article-- about "the guy who holds the shaving scalpel"...yikes! seriously?

Is this simply and ONLY about money, or religious/cultural value beliefs?

Spoiler:
            It's really difficult to read this article into tiny excerpts without seeing the full impact of the implications being involved. First link has link to complete article, but the first link also has a comments/reply section. Bold emphasis below added for clarification of how the other side views the situation, at hand, so to speak...

"Gay activists have met their match with Muslim barbers"
            Posted on March 1, 2014 (at Saving Our Future -dot- com)

(more of article posted at the Toronto Sun--subscription--link below here is broken--
            Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)

http : // www .torontosun. com/2012/11/16/gay-activists-have-met-their-match-with-muslim-barbers
            By Ezra Levant, QMI Agency
            First posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 08:00 PM EST )

"So a lesbian walks into a Muslim barbershop, and asks for a "businessmen’s haircut".

It sounds like the beginning of a joke, but it really happened, and now a government agency called the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario will hear her complaint.

Faith McGregor is the lesbian who doesn't like the girly cuts that they do at a salon. She wants the boy's hairdo.

Omar Mahrouk is the owner of the Terminal Barber Shop in Toronto. He follows Shariah law, so... As Mahrouk and the other barbers there say, they don't believe in touching women other than their own wives.

So if we now believe in multiculturalism, and that our Canadian culture of tolerance isn't any better than the Shariah culture of sex crimes and gender apartheid, who are we to complain when Omar Mahrouk takes us up on our promise that he can continue to practise his culture — lesbian haircuts be damned?

He's not the one who passed the Multiculturalism Act, and invited in hundreds of thousands of immigrants with medieval attitudes towards women and gays and Jews, etc. We did.

Mahrouk's view is illiberal. But in Canada we believe in property rights and freedom of association — and in this case, freedom of religion, too.

But McGregor ran to the Human Rights Tribunal and demanded that Mahrouk give her a haircut.

In the past, human rights commissions have been a great ally to gay activists. Because, traditionally, gay activists have complained against Christians.

So which is a better hand: A lesbian who wants a haircut or a Muslim who doesn't want to give it to her?

I'm betting on Mahrouk. And I predict that Muslim activists — not quiet barbers like Mahrouk, but professional Muslim busybodies — will start using human rights commissions more and more to push their way into places where they have no legal right, but where the human rights commissions are more than happy to engineer things for them, if they complain loud enough.

In five years time, it won't be gay activists forcing themselves into Christian B&Bs. It'll be Muslim activists vetoing the gay pride parade."

Otherwise, known better as "shariah law" being pursued to being enforced.
            Sodom & Gomorrah wannabee (LGBT) regions would become LGBT wipe-out time.
            Thus, Muslims/Islamists=win/win.
            .. and Infidels=lose/lose. (An Infidel is anyone not abiding by Muslim/Islamic belief/rule or shariah law.)
            Last edited by SGalisa; 01 March 2014, 06:45 PM. Reason: edit note & fix typos

Comment

But any hairdresser could have given her the mens haircut, so i do not see the problem, unless it was to cause trouble and she knew it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                But any hairdresser could have given her the mens haircut, so i do not see the problem, unless it was to cause trouble and she knew it.
                THAT'S what you took from that rant???
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Hey The Ukraine seems a hot situation. Troops with no markings, unmarked vehicles, and gunships. I wonder why they wanted the troops there but they had to remove all their markings?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    THAT'S what you took from that rant???
                    It was the gist of why what was happening was happening and could have been avoided Sorry
                    Last edited by pookey; 02 March 2014, 05:41 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey The Ukraine seems a hot situation. Troops with no markings, unmarked vehicles, and gunships. I wonder why they wanted the troops there but they had to remove all their markings?
                      Because Putin has not officially signed any orders to move the troops in
                      sigpic

Comment

What Pookey said... Russia's being sneaky again.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I thought Crimea asked for them to come...

And of course every other nation has to but in and give it's opinion on what should happen. This will be interesting.

Comment

The admiral of the navy has already rolled over to the Russians, so I doubt they asked.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              The admiral of the navy has already rolled over to the Russians, so I doubt they asked.

Hmmmmmmmm I was just going by what is on our local news..

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm I was just going by what is on our local news..
                                Our local news is craptastic with international affairs Coco. Hell, we have been engaged in active warzones for HOW long now, and how much coverage does it get??
                                Unless it's troops going out, coming home or receiving a (well-earned) VC, we just don't talk about it that much.

Don't get me wrong, I like our news, but we really need a good international news program. Just a half hour spot, not a monster that can turn into talking heads (a-la the sunrise/morning show combo)
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X