This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.independentaustralia.net/...nt-this-month/

Something I just became aware of and according to the map in this article the USA, Europe, and the UK are part of this..

"The TPP seeks, among other things, to rewrite the global rules on intellectual property enforcement that would give Big Media new powers to lock users out of our own content and services, provide new liabilities that might force ISPs to police our online activity, and give giant media companies even greater powers to shut down websites and remove content at will.

It also encourages ISPs to block accused infringers’ Internet access, and could force ISPs to hand over our private information to big media conglomerates without appropriate privacy safeguards. You can see a more complete list of new restrictions below, but it appears that the TPP would turn all Internet users into suspected copyright criminals. In fact it appears to criminalize content sharing in general."
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      http://www.independentaustralia.net/...nt-this-month/

Something I just became aware of and according to the map in this article the USA, Europe, and the UK are part of this..
      Coco, we didn't exactly read the fine print when we booted Gillard/Rudd, all the people saw was 3 years of political infighting from labour and seized the chance to get rid of them.
      Pity, cause under Abbot, we are gonna get screwed sideways.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't think the UK is in on this, doesn't mention them in the article. And it sounds like one big rip off, kind of, if you wont let me do this i am gonna sue you, and win. Can't believe anyone would sign it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          I don't think the UK is in on this, doesn't mention them in the article. And it sounds like one big rip off, kind of, if you wont let me do this i am gonna sue you, and win. Can't believe anyone would sign it.
          No, UK and Europe are not part of it, but China may.
          sigpic

Comment

http://feedstuffs.com/story-signs-of...talks-45-97108

If the US signed off on Japan entering the TPP it's a good bet the USA is part of the TPP. It was done in secret without congress

Comment

It was done in secret without congress
              Yup. That pretty much describes the current US Regime. Why do it LEGALLY when it can be done in secret and then slapped in the American peoples faces with out their consent or knowledge.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                Yup. That pretty much describes the current US Regime. Why do it LEGALLY when it can be done in secret and then slapped in the American peoples faces with out their consent or knowledge.
                like what??
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  like what??

Like the TPP

Why is it being done behind doors away from the people and away from scrutiny?

Comment

Like the TPP

Why is it being done behind doors away from the people and away from scrutiny?
                    Two diff fish here Coco.

Stuff like the TPP is behind the scenes to protect the corps paying for that kind of crap, I get the feeling fly was more talking about programs with public knowledge, but with.......... nebulous intent.
                    sigpic

Comment

Two diff fish here Coco.

Stuff like the TPP is behind the scenes to protect the corps paying for that kind of crap, I get the feeling fly was more talking about programs with public knowledge, but with.......... nebulous intent.
                      Oh.........

But if I may ask why do we have to protect the corporations. The TPP will give them too much power. Politics is so corrupt.

BTW I hope this wasn't real, but it looks real.

Comment

Oh.........

But if I may ask why do we have to protect the corporations. The TPP will give them too much power. Politics is so corrupt.
                        We don't, corporate protectionism is anathema to free trade, yet people are always willing to be bought, and in no where is this more obvious than politics.
                        It's all based of abstract mathematics and I am in NO WAY qualified to speak of it, even as a armchair observer.
                        BTW I hope this wasn't real, but it looks real.

[/quote]
                        I would be wondering how a protrusion of a techtonic plate can "tip"................
                        sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this is true

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/fe...-imprisonment/

Comment

Smoke and mirrors, no more.

If you were to target people attacking Islam, you would be forced to target those who target Christianity.

Do I think that happens?
                            Hell yes.

Do I think it's really an issue, no.

All this is, is the usual fearmongering, knee-jerk crap that the media circus has been reduced to, nothing more that adverts for their "side".

Of course, the problem is is people still listen to the news, and expect the "journalists" to be honest.
                            sigpic

Comment

Smoke and mirrors, no more.

If you were to target people attacking Islam, you would be forced to target those who target Christianity.

Do I think that happens?
                              Hell yes.

Do I think it's really an issue, no.

All this is, is the usual fearmongering, knee-jerk crap that the media circus has been reduced to, nothing more that adverts for their "side".

Of course, the problem is is people still listen to the news, and expect the "journalists" to be honest.

And "journalism" isn't inherently honest. IMHO Most media services be it print or visual serve their own masters needs. Which also rules out truly unbiased media.

Even "breaking the set" which claims go beyond the mainstream media has its own agenda.

Comment

Unsure, but the comments do go way off of track
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X