X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    ... Sex scandal?

Spoiler:

It's often hard to believe Berlusconi's a real person, and not some elaborate prank the Italians are playing on the rest of the world.
    If it gets any sillier I'l be forced to reach this conclusion.

Bunga Bunga Parties.

Comment

It's often hard to believe Berlusconi's a real person, and not some elaborate prank the Italians are playing on the rest of the world.
      he's a real P.O.S of right, not a prank (unfortunately :/ )

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        he's a real P.O.S of right, not a prank (unfortunately :/ )
        Yes, indeed. Berlusconi's a slippery one...
        sigpic
        Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          If it gets any sillier I'l be forced to reach this conclusion.

Bunga Bunga Parties.
          I mean really, who calls them that? xD
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well said, kind of makes you think twice about taking a country seriously with all this mess dominating world wide news. Maybe he should go spend the weekend with his good friend in Libya.
            sigpic

Comment

berluslconi has to be the worst leader in the democratic world, and it says something when his governments biggest concern about libya is refugees going to italy, not human rights abuses or an anything like that, i just dont know how he is in power

Comment

I’ll be honest here, I don’t think we’re going to get much mileage out of a debate over Berlusconi. Whatever your political outlook, I think most people can agree that he’s the kind of person that calling a corrupt sleazebag would be an insult to corrupt sleazebags. His gall is breathtaking and if he was a politician in the UK, there’d probably be riots on the streets now, if he hadn’t been lynched already. Unless we’re going to find someone on the thread who want to stand up for corruption, links with the Mafia, and sex with underage girls then it’s likely most people will be in agreement that Berlusconi should go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  Unless we’re going to find someone on the thread who want to stand up for corruption, links with the Mafia, and sex with underage girls
                  Dear gods, I do NOT want to meet that person!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Sorry Rickington, have to say that the religion debate thing isn't really over. It's relevant because the vast majority madgater's political views are based on his/her religious beliefs.

How do you know what is right and wrong madgater? Is it your own designation of what is right and wrong, your society's, or your God that determines what is right and wrong? Seriously, man, you're mostly preaching the goodness of the bible when it is derived from so many earlier polytheistic/paganistic works. And gotta agree with giantevilhead, your reasoning is circular.

Anyways for another topic, abortion. Round 1, fight!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                      Anyways for another topic, abortion. Round 1, fight!
                      Are you serious?!

Let's NOT go there.
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                        Are you serious?!

Let's NOT go there.
                        I concur....I've said all I'm gonna say......the rest is up to everyone else......though I will add that I believe that we as a society have forgotten that the law means nothing without an objectively clear sense of right and wrong.....which only comes from a source of moral clarity......with moral relativism there is no right and wrong....it's all relative...not a good foundation for a fair and just set of laws

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                          Are you serious?!

Let's NOT go there.
                          Why not? Women's right to her body trumps any onlooker's religious objections.

/debate
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

/debate
                            except that it's not her own body that she's harming...she's harming an innocent life.....natural law tells us that our existence begins when sperm meets egg....doesn't matter what stage of development you kill a human being at....murder is murder.....and medical ethics decree that any medical personnel must do everything in their power to care for BOTH mother AND child.....and that it's better that both die if everything medically possible has been done to save both lives rather than take upon ourselves the power to decide who lives and who dies

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              it's better that both die if everything medically possible has been done to save both lives rather than take upon ourselves the power to decide who lives and who dies
                              Will say one thing, and one thing only here:

NO.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

/debate
                                And the rights of the foetus go out the window?

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                and medical ethics decree that any medical personnel must do everything in their power to care for BOTH mother AND child.....and that it's better that both die if everything medically possible has been done to save both lives rather than take upon ourselves the power to decide who lives and who dies
                                You know I'm not exactly a cheerleader for abortion, people often trumpet the rights of the women and the foetus and it's right to life gets ignored. But what you just said, well as others have said, just no. Choosing between who to save would be a horrible choice, but frankly better than just letting both die.

Even groups like the Catholic Church do not oppose medical procdures that may put at risk or kill the foetus if they are needed to save the mother's life.
                                Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 25 February 2011, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X