This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by col.foley View Post

oh i imagine they would...this is why i am not getting married.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Well, if you don't have a girl/boyfriend you can't be married anyway under the current laws.
      ....There should not be any laws in the society when it comes to marriage. Just 'anyone can get married to anyone or anything else for any reason, we the Government do not care, it is up to the invididual's and private organizations to decide this is none of our buisness.'

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        ....There should not be any laws in the society when it comes to marriage. Just 'anyone can get married to anyone or anything else for any reason, we the Government do not care, it is up to the invididual's and private organizations to decide this is none of our buisness.'
        So, children, animals, those who cant give consent. *Thumbs up*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          So, children, animals, those who cant give consent. *Thumbs up*
          *not sure if trolling or being really obtuse*

Of course not. Consent is vital in the whole marriage thing, or at least it should be. I do know of cultures where its not a big thing.

Comment

*not sure if trolling or being really obtuse*
            Indeed.
            'anyone can get married to anyone or anything else for any reason, we the Government do not care, it is up to the invididual's and private organizations to decide this is none of our buisness.
            Of course not. Consent is vital in the whole marriage thing, or at least it should be. I do know of cultures where its not a big thing.
            ^
            sigpic

Comment

Indeed.

^
              And where exactly does it say that I do not support consent in these situations?

Comment

Well yes, and no.
                Well that's rather vague and non-committal.

Oh I imagine they would...this is why I am not getting married.
                Then why participate in this conversation if you really don't care either way?
                sigpic

Comment

And where exactly does it say that I do not support consent in these situations?
                  anyone or anything else for any reason.

we the Government do not care.

it is up to the invididual's and private organizations to decide.

this is none of our business.

Whether you personally support it or not is irrelevant. If what you said was they way of things the door is open to such situations and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Unless laws or the law is brought in, which means government, which means they do care, it is their business, its not just up to private individuals or organizations to decide for themselves and people cant get married to anyone or anything for any reason.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Well that's rather vague and non-committal.

Then why participate in this conversation if you really don't care either way?
                    Well: I have my own personal problems calling marriage a right because marriage is not a thing of gurantees. Its a human institution that was 'invented' thousands and thousands of years into human civilization. You can quite successfully go on and be a successful human without ever getting married, though it is highly recommended, that is not the same thing as privacy, self defence, speech, or the right to assemble. However you do have the right to pursue marriage all the live long day, gay, lesbian, bi sexual, polygamists, anywhere in between. But since most people do not seem to appreciate or understand the distinction I have problems going out and saying 'I believe marriage to be a right', because people probably do not understand the distinction I make, when I say that.

Because whether or not and who gets married means very little to me, how you go about securing those rights makes all the difference in the world. On both sides of this issue: If you oppress people to get your rights you and I will be on opposite sides.

Comment

anyone or anything else for any reason.

we the Government do not care.

it is up to the invididual's and private organizations to decide.

this is none of our business.

Whether you personally support it or not is irrelevant. If what you said was they way of things the door is open to such situations and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Unless laws or the law is brought in, which means government, which means they do care, it is their business, its not just up to private individuals or organizations to decide for themselves and people cant get married to anyone or anything for any reason.
                      Yeah but the law applies, here, first and foremost to violations of liberty, property, and life. If I were to 'force' Emma Watson to marry me, or Jennifer Hale, or someone else, then I would be breaking the moral and legal law. Why? Because I am violating their liberty and their rights to get what I want. This has nothing to do with marriage but basic freedom of choice stuff.

Comment

I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Well: I have my own personal problems calling marriage a right because marriage is not a thing of gurantees. Its a human institution that was 'invented' thousands and thousands of years into human civilization. You can quite successfully go on and be a successful human without ever getting married, though it is highly recommended, that is not the same thing as privacy, self defence, speech, or the right to assemble. However you do have the right to pursue marriage all the live long day, gay, lesbian, bi sexual, polygamists, anywhere in between. But since most people do not seem to appreciate or understand the distinction I have problems going out and saying 'I believe marriage to be a right', because people probably do not understand the distinction I make, when I say that.

Because whether or not and who gets married means very little to me, how you go about securing those rights makes all the difference in the world. On both sides of this issue: If you oppress people to get your rights you and I will be on opposite sides.
                          That's just it...people are being oppressed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            That's just it...people are being oppressed.
                            Yes, they are. And many in the LGBT movement, though I would be a fool to say all want to turn around and opress their opressors. I will not stand for it.

Comment

Yeah but the law applies, here, first and foremost to violations of liberty, property, and life. If I were to 'force' Emma Watson to marry me, or Jennifer Hale, or someone else, then I would be breaking the moral and legal law. Why? Because I am violating their liberty and their rights to get what I want. This has nothing to do with marriage but basic freedom of choice stuff.
                              Where do these laws come from? You got rid of them with the non caring government. Getting want you what falls under any reason, and with the non caring government (after all, its none of their business), thats a valid enough reason. Laws, freedom of choice? To hell with them, this is what you said.
                              'anyone can get married to anyone or anything else for any reason, we the Government do not care, it is up to the invididual's and private organizations to decide this is none of our buisness.
                              You cant oust the government along with all of the protections under the laws they enforce then expect people to still follow those laws.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, they are. And many in the LGBT movement, though I would be a fool to say all want to turn around and opress their opressors. I will not stand for it.
                                No one I know wants to turn around and oppress anyone. Most, like me, what the same rights as anyone else and to be left alone to live my life.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X